Ladies of Horror Fiction discussion

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie | LOHF (new)

Laurie  |  LOHF (barklesswagmore) | 501 comments Share your favorite witchy LOHF reads.

Check out the LOHF recommendations here:

https://www.ladiesofhorrorfiction.com...

message 2: by Sonora (new)

Sonora Taylor (sonorawrites) | 54 comments Love seeing White is for Witching on here. One of my favorite reads this year!

message 3: by Cécile (new)

Cécile | 56 comments I love witches !

I must admit I could'nt finish White is for witching, I don't know why ^^'

Here are my favorites :

Chime by Franny Billingsley
Green Heart by Alicia Hoffman
The Haunting by Alex Bell

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess (jess_roboter) | 2 comments Lives of the Mayfair Witches by Anne Rice is definitely my favourite witchy series. I loved all 3 of the books - The Witching Hour, Lasher and Taltos.

I also just finished Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw and that was a really enjoyable read.

message 5: by Cécile (new)

Cécile | 56 comments Jess wrote: "Lives of the Mayfair Witches by Anne Rice is definitely my favourite witchy series. I loved all 3 of the books - The Witching Hour, Lasher and Taltos.

I also just finished Wicked Deep by Shea E..."

I really enjoyed Wicked Deep :)

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 211 comments I am reading Bunny (after a brief break to catch up on other reviews...). I can NOT really explain what it's about...but I recommend it, nonetheless!!

message 7: by Laurie | LOHF (new)

Laurie  |  LOHF (barklesswagmore) | 501 comments Kimberly wrote: "I am reading Bunny (after a brief break to catch up on other reviews...). I can NOT really explain what it's about...but I recommend it, nonetheless!!"

There's no explaining that one, haha.

message 8: by Kasey (new)

Kasey Ashton (tattooedreader13) | 13 comments I really enjoyed Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson and Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1) by Zoraida Córdova by Zoraida Cordova.

message 9: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (kerryebblack) | 92 comments Although they aren't horror, I love the gals from Alice Hoffman's "Practical Magic." (although the bit with Gilly's boyfriend gets pretty dark.)

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 153 comments Kerry wrote: "Although they aren't horror, I love the gals from Alice Hoffman's "Practical Magic." (although the bit with Gilly's boyfriend gets pretty dark.)"

Have you read Magic Lessons?

message 11: by Gina (new)

Gina (nyogtha) | 6 comments It would barely class as Horror perhaps, but Kim Harrison's The Hollows series follows the (mis)adventures of a witch named Rachel. I have read the whole series and love all the characters dearly along with the unique world Kim Harrison has created.

message 12: by Angie (new)

Angie (strangersights) | 22 comments I'm reading A Season with the Witch: The Magic and Mayhem of Halloween in Salem, Massachusetts by J.W. Ocker
And in that same vein, if you like Non-Fic stuff, I highly recommend Kristen J. Sollee Witches, Sluts, Feminists: Conjuring the Sex Positive

Otherwise, The Malan Witch and The Age of Witches were both really good (and with totally different feels).

message 13: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 304 comments i loved, loved, loved Daughters of the Witching Hill. i listened to the audio book.

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments I just finished The Once and Future Witches
It was pretty wonderful.

message 15: by Angie (new)

Angie (strangersights) | 22 comments Jessica wrote: "I just finished The Once and Future Witches
It was pretty wonderful."

I'm hoping to start reading this one soon. I loooooved The Ten Thousand Doors of January, so I'm hoping to enjoy this one at least as much!

message 16: by Gina (new)

Gina (nyogtha) | 6 comments Jessica wrote: "I just finished The Once and Future Witches
It was pretty wonderful."

Going to collect my copy at the Post Office tomorrow :D

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sfetzer91) | 5 comments The Once and Future Witches was amazing! The Year of the Witching and A Deadly Education were also fantastic releases about witches this year! Circe is definitely one of my favorite witchy reads as well.