What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Girl tries to kill herself at the beginning of the book, then Googles ways to do it a second time... Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josie (new)

Josie | 3 comments So there's a book I read about four years ago (so around 2015) and its about a girl who had tried to kill herself in the beginning of the book and googles ways to kill herself and it has things like how, what you would need, how easy it is to back out, and how painful it is. I think she decided to drown herself? The first time she did it she tried to hang herself so she has a brace or something for a little while and she cant talk much for most of the book. She also has to hide her laptop from her parents so they dont find her search history. At the end she either gets a present or is invited to a party

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32119 comments Mod
Josie, how does the girl try to kill herself at the beginning of the book? Why does she want to kill herself? (Spoilers are okay - just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.)

How old are the girl and boy?

message 3: by Josie (new)

Josie | 3 comments I'm not sure, I think she tries to hang herself? And that's why she has the brace and can't/doesn't speak much. She wants to because she feels like nobody loves/cares for her and she feels hopeless. I'm pretty sure both characters are in high school, so 15-18ish

☘ Lily ☘ (lilyreadsromance) | 98 comments By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead I believe this is the book. In the end, she chose the drowning method I think. But, it has a very open ending.

message 5: by Josie (new)

Josie | 3 comments It is, thank you so much I've been wanting to read it again!