Taste of Romance discussion

Alessandra Torre
This topic is about Alessandra Torre
Author Q&A > Alessandra Q&A

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alessandra (last edited Sep 14, 2019 07:32PM) (new)

Alessandra Torre (alessandratorre) | 24 comments Mod
Hey Tasters!
This is the thread for my Q&A. Feel free to ask any questions about my books, life, or writing!

If you aren't familiar with my novels, I hope you dive into Hidden Seams - this month's free book. You can download it here: BookHip.com/PGSRSJ - It's a standalone billionaire romance about a man who pretends to be gay to protect his billion-dollar inheritance.

If you're interested in my writing process, or have ever thought about writing a book, please let me know! I have a Facebook group for writers, hold an annual authors' conference in Dallas, Texas, and teach online courses in marketing, writing, and publishing. Visit www.AlessandraTorreInk.com for more details.

Feel free to post any questions throughout the next week - I'll pop back in on Saturday, September 14th and answer them all!

Till then,

Alessandra

message 2: by A (new)

A | 19 comments Hey! I've never read any of your books, but definitely have been on my list of new authors to read! Thank you for August's book. I can't wait to dive into it!!

message 3: by Monique (new)

Monique V | 32 comments I had not heard of any of your books before this group but I will be checking out some of your books for sure. my question is about being a romance author. How is that like? Is it an easy process? How does your family react to it?

message 4: by Alessandra (new)

Amanda wrote: "Hey! I've never read any of your books, but definitely have been on my list of new authors to read! Thank you for August's book. I can't wait to dive into it!!"

Hey Amanda! I hope you enjoy Hidden Seams. I'm not sure if you're a KindleUnlimited subscriber, I have a ton of books in there - but also a nice selection of wide books.

If you've never read me before, here are three books I recommend you start with, depending on favorite genre. All of these books were NYT Bestsellers and are highly rated by readers.

- Contemp Romance: Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1) by Alessandra Torre
- Erotic Romance Mindf*k: Black Lies by Alessandra Torre
- Romantic Suspense: Moonshot by Alessandra Torre

I hope you enjoy! It's nice to 'meet' you!

message 5: by Alessandra (last edited Sep 14, 2019 07:32PM) (new)

Monique wrote: "I had not heard of any of your books before this group but I will be checking out some of your books for sure. my question is about being a romance author. How is that like? Is it an easy process? ..."

Hey Monique! It's nice to meet you - I'm so glad that this group introduced you to my work!

I love being a romance author. Writing a book was something that always seemed SO unreachable - in my mind, I made it much harder than it needed to be. I also had little to no confidence in my writing when I first began. I still remember - very clearly - the mental struggles I had with my first novel, which is what led me to... 20 books later, start to teaching writing and publishing to aspiring authors. I now divide my time between writing new books and creating content, classes, and conferences for authors.

Are you an aspiring author? If so, you can check out my free resources at www.alessandratorreink.com.

I got really lucky with my family. I write super-sexy romance, so I kept it a secret from them for a long time. I was ashamed, which hurts me now, because they immediately embraced and supported my writing - and are so proud of me. My mom recommends my books to all of her 75-year-old friends. :) But I did lose some extended family members who took a step back when they heard and read my novels.