What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1)
This topic is about Book of Shadows
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA series about a girl who is a witch, angsty, romance, read in late 90s early 00s. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Florence | 397 comments I remember reading this book series which I got from the library in the early 00's, maybe late 90s. They centred around a teenage girl who was a witch/discovered she had magical powers. It wasn't particularly fantastical a universe, she met others who had similar powers I think but it wasn't a world full of fairies or dragons or anything. I think the girl had long dark hair, there may have been pictures of her on the covers (paperback). It was quite a long series, more than 3 books. I think there was a romance with a guy as quite a main plot thread. There were definitely scenes set in woodlands. I don't remember much plot to go on I'm afraid.

message 2: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 283 comments Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1) by Cate Tiernan Could be this series, published in 2001.

Merry Meet (Circle of Three, #2) by Isobel Bird Or this series which was published at the same time.

Goddess of the Night by Lynne Ewing Or this one. the early aughts were a good time to be reading.

Florence | 397 comments YES!!! it's the Wicca series by cate tiernan! and thanks for the other recommendations, going right on my to read list!

message 4: by Blue (new)

Blue | 834 comments This sounds interesting. Glad the book was found so I can add it to my TBR list too.

message 5: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 283 comments Glad to help! They're all good series. Circle of Three is the most realistic, the author is a real Wiccan and he (yes, he!) writes fictionalized but mostly realistic based on his experiences. Sweep/Wicca brings in "blood witches" who have greater powers and are genetically different from normal humans, soulnames and soulmates, and powerful destructive magic. And eventually the Ireland is Totes Magical trope. Daughters of the Moon is about teenage girls with mystical powers rather than being in any way based on Wicca. The first book is great but the rest of the series drags a bit. The three series came out all at the same time, a terrible drain on my allowance through those years! there wasn't really anything like them until House of Night with its Wicca-inspired vampires came on the scene.

I typed this post because I'm putting off doing homework. ;)