What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Call Me Hope
This topic is about Call Me Hope
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book about a girl whose mother bullied her constantly. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KAI (new)

KAI | 2 comments so, i read this book around 2013-2015-- i was in middle school at the time, and it was in my school's library. i went to orefield middle school in orefield PA for 7th and 8th grade if it helps. i don't remember the name of the book or the author to save my life, but i DO remember some of the plot points. first, the main girl was in either late elementary school or middle school and she was dealing with an emotionally abusive mother at home. her mother called her such names as "dumb shit" whenever she did something wrong. i also remember at one point in the book, the main girl sold her mother's favorite dress for money and her mother was furious when she found that her daughter had lied about what had happened to the dress. i know it was a young adult realistic fiction novel because it was in my middle school library. i also remember the mom thinking she was better than everyone else and also acting like she was way younger than she was. i think the girl's father had either died or divorced from the mother. towards the beginning of the book is where the girl admits to a teacher the way her mother treats her, they're putting arts and craft stuff up in the hallways. does anyone know what book i'm talking about??

message 3: by KAI (new)

KAI | 2 comments Rosa wrote: "Call Me Hope?" YES! that was the book!! thank you so much!

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments You're very welcome!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Call Me Hope (other topics)