What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

In a Dark, Dark Room and Other Scary Stories
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Horror Stories [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (last edited Aug 30, 2009 11:07AM) (new)

Wendy (nljerseygirl) It's a Horror Anthology that I got from Scholastic book club when I was in 6th grade or so which would've been around '88-'89...One of the stories I remember was about a man who married a woman with a black band around her neck and she told him to never ask her to remove it or try to remove it but eventually he did and her head fell off and another one was about two girls had a sleepover while one's parents were away and the lights went and one of the girls went to the basement and I'm pretty sure lost her head as well...Would love to know the name of the book!

message 3: by Monica (new)

Monica | 22 comments I would also recommended checking out Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark and the other books like it. I seem to remember reading a story similar to thos that you are talking about in one of them when I was younger.

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (nljerseygirl) It is "In a Dark, Dark Room and Other Stories"...I think! Sounds right anyway...Thanks :) Now I have to buy it!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Wendy, Are you sure enough that I should mark it as solved or would you rather return and let us know for sure? Thanks.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Yay!!! I solved my second book mystery!

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Katelyn, Yes, it's very satisfying, isn't it. It's almost as great as finding a long lost book of our own. Thanks, and thanks everybody for helping out here!