This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate getting my hopes up

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Congrats buddy, I'll be sending all the positive vibes your way! I am so jealous, that is a dream job for any book lover!!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Just look normal in the interview man... don’t start running and screaming BOOKS, BOOKS!!! GlORIOUS BOOKS. And I think you'll get the job =)

message 3: by Howard (new)

Howard (howardmittelmark) That would be great. Hope you get it. (But don't want to encourage you to get your hopes up.)

message 4: by Meels (last edited Mar 12, 2008 09:26PM) (new)

Meels (amelia) I want to see you run screaming around the place shouting "BOOKS, BOOKS!!! GlORIOUS BOOKS!" though, that would be priceless...

Will you do it for us if you get the job? I could tape it for youtube and then post the link on this thread, that would be so damn funny!

message 5: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Hi Tracy, where you been darlin? You've been missed! And now, I'm off to bed...night all!

message 6: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) Congratulations King! I will be lighting many candles for your interview. Libraries are amazing... I hope you get it!!

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Absolutely, that's freaking awesome. Most people would have stopped trying after the 9 millionth time, but see what perseverance has done for you??? Rock on!

message 8: by Valerie (new)

Valerie I'll get my hopes up for you. Good luck!

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Which reminds me: We have several librarians in our city who call it "The Li-berry"

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I will cross my fingers, rub the lucky rabbit's foot, not step on any cracks & send you my best wishes...

But you won't need them.

They would be fools not to hire you, King. Enjoy the new job ;D

message 11: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) King,

Congratulations!! That would be awesome to work in a library. I don't think you will have any problem being hired. After all, you are probably more book-smart than all of the employees combined. I would think that that would be a plus. I know you will do fine.

message 12: by Clackamas (new)

Clackamas I used to do the children's story time in our public library every week. Once a 5 year old came up to me and posed this question.

"Mine Mom is really upset that someone called Mr. Rogers just died. I Do Not Know WHO this Mr. Rogers is, but if him dying can make mine Mom cry then I should, do you not think so? Do you have any biographies about him or books that were written by him, please?"

He was so emphatic about knowing who this person that his mom would actually cry about was, and so earnest too. It was adorable.

I too would love to work in a library, in any capacity. So best wishes King.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.