This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

General Question

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments What does "Following" mean? When someone is following you, does that just mean they want to read your reviews? If so, I don't understand why anyone would follow me, because I have only done two or three in the last year.

Actually, I did a really kick-ass review a couple of months ago, but when I tried to post the damn thing, Goodreads farted, and it never showed up. But I digress.

message 2: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Thanks, Bunny. Maybe this weekend I'll go look at all the positive reviews for Traveling Vampire Show, and that will piss me off enough to re-do that kick-ass, decidedly negative review.

message 3: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I have two followers, and they're very devoted. I'd like to think they would die for me.

message 4: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments That's a good idea, Bunny. Dave, order them to organize a parade in your honor.

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments me too. I think maybe when someone friends you and you reject them, they're still following you maybe?

message 6: by Kasia (new)

Kasia I'm following Bunny, everyone should follow Bunny - the parade would get longer then.

message 7: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) I always feel like some one is following me, but I think I'm just paranoid.

message 8: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments No you're not. I am following you.

message 9: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) I knew it!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

One of my followers is named sauce-pot. I love that.

Rusty, they don't just see your reviews, they also see your wry and pithy Haters Club banter. Maybe they're lurkers.

message 11: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Actually they only get reviews and status updates. You get Rusty's THC banter because you're on his friend list, but the follower bunch doesn't get that privilege.

And I like the sauce-pot thing too. So cute.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh, I didn't know that! I'm only following two people who I re-requested after I lost all my friends and they never come on.

Don't listen to me. Great. Tom loves it when I'm wrong! >:{

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments sauce-pot is a great name for a pet. or a band.

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) King Dinösaur wrote: "Yeah, I have followers, too. They must be some sick motherfuckers."

hey, I resent that. I didnt want to add you as a friend, but I liked your reviews and added some cool fucking ass books to my shelf. You should be flattered to have followers. Sheesh!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Story of my life:
0 people are following Steve

message 16: by Kasia (new)

Kasia That's what you get for deleting your profile.

message 17: by Kasia (new)

Kasia And I just fixed that:
1 person is following Steve

message 18: by Kasia (new)

Kasia There.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Umm...I guess I'd better go review something then...