The Challenge Factory discussion

♦️Team Challenges Archives♦️ > Team 5: Factory Five

Comments Showing 51-100 of 209 (209 new)    post a comment »

message 51: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zeeohee) | 69 comments Thanks ladies!!

message 52: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Jun 30, 2019 08:12AM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Selection Post:
Shelf: Disablity
Book: Maybe Someday
Pages: 385
How it fits: MC Ridge is deaf.
Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1) by Colleen Hoover

message 53: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zeeohee) | 69 comments SELECTION POST
Shelf: Disability
Book: The Accursed by Joyce Carol Oates
Pages: 688 pages
Qualification: One of the characters has dyslexia (Woodrow Wilson). Honestly, many people have various “ailments” that could be considered other disabilities as well. It’s 1905 though so it’s spoken of differently. :)

message 54: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  | 465 comments Completion Post:
Shelf: Free Space
Book: The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black
The Wicked King by Holly Black
Qualification: Borrowed Hardcover copy from library
Read: June 12
Rating: 4.95 stars
Review: 4.95 stars...

I saw that coming but I didn't see that coming. So much deception, trickery and lies...but then again what do expect it is the land of fairy and even they cannot lie, they are no fools and know far more ways and words to get what they want.

message 55: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  | 465 comments Selection Post:
Book: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Pages: 377
Qualification: Learning disability (ADHD and dyslexia)

message 56: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 247 comments I’m on vacation and on my phone so I can’t edit my original post. But this is my completion post. I changed books

Book: The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
Pages: 369 pages
Read 6/9
Rating 5 stars
I love Practical Magic and it was enjoyable me to read the story about the aunts and their childhood. The story is magical and I laughed and cried for them. I highly recommend

message 57: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Jun 13, 2019 03:23AM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Completion Post

Shelf #1: Historical
Book: Romancing the Duke
Author: Tessa Dare
Read: 6/13/19
Rated: 3.5 stars
Pages: 370
Review:
I wasn't sure about Izzy and the rude duke, Ransom, but as you figure out why he's the way he is you feeling bad for him but not before. The Duke was lucky that Izzy wasn't as timid as he thought she would be. I have to say at times, I would say "Go Izzy!" LOL Izzy wasn't going to let the rudeness of the Duke make her back down and she got what she wanted as well. Ransom did find out Izzys' secret but surprisingly he didn't say anything but when he finally told her he knew, he encouraged her to the truth but of course in these times we know women are treated equally.

There were funny moments so it keep my interest even though it was historical fiction (not my favorite, lol) and the hot sexy times as well. A good story as well.

message 58: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Jun 13, 2019 03:49AM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Jenn wrote: "I’m on vacation and on my phone so I can’t edit my original post. But this is my completion post. I changed books

Book: The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
Read 6/9
Rating 5 sta..."

Jenn you would need to post a new selection as well. Enjoy your vacation ☺

message 59: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 797 comments COMPLETION POST
Shelf: Historical

Book: The Nix by Nathan Hill
Pages: 640 / GR
Qualification: Shelved as Historical by 389 users
Finished: 6/12/2019
Rating: 3.5 stars

A sprawling story about Samuel, a somewhat depressed college professor who was abandoned by his mother when he was a pre-teen. It flashes back to his mother's teens/college years and also to Samuel's. There is a lot of humor and overall the story is clever and well told. There were parts that dragged a bit and I did think it could have used a bit of editing but I understood the artistic choices for where it was lengthy. There's so much going on here w/ Norwegian mythology, US politics, modern society but it's well handled.

[*bookcover:The Nix|28251002]

message 60: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 797 comments Selection POST

Book: Fair Game by Josh Lanyon
Pages: 270 / GR
Qualification: Shelved as Disability by 29 users, blurb says "a crippling knee injury"

[*bookcover:Fair Game|8531376]

message 61: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zeeohee) | 69 comments Changing my selection! The other one just didn’t really fit. The person with the disability was barely in it after the first chapter.

SELECTION POST
Book: The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko by Scott Stambach
Pages: 8 hours audiobook. 352 pages paperback.
Qualification: tagged as disability or disabilities by multiple users. Includes multiple children with disabilities in a hospital.

message 62: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  | 465 comments I'm changing my selection post too.

message 63: by Carrie (new)

Book: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Pages: 369
Qualification: tagged disability 192 times

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments No problem ladies. Thanks for posting ☺

message 65: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi | 15243 comments Mod
Carmen,
Where Is the completion post for historical? The link in stamp me thread doesn’t work

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Carmen,
Where Is the completion post for historical? The link in stamp me thread doesn’t work"

Oops sorry. Here it is https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 67: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "
Completion Post

Free Space

Carmen | An Easy Death
Carrie | The Wicked King | 6/12/19 | 4.95 stars | Review
Jamie | Two Man Station | 6/6/19 | 3..."

Carmen, your individual review link doesn’t work but I checked in the book.

message 68: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Congratulations FACTORY FIVE on completing your HISTORICAL Shelf.
Your Bingo Board has been updated to reflect the stamp.

message 69: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zeeohee) | 69 comments Completion Post:
Book: The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko by Scott Stambach
Qualification: Tagged as disability or disabilities multiple times here on GR. About a boy with multiple disabilities in a hospital with multiple people with disabilities as well.
Read: June 14-16
Rating: 4 stars
Review: Interesting premise. Feels unique but also not somehow. A teen boy has loved his whole life inside a hospital for “gravely ill children” in Belarus until one day he meets a leukemia patient and it shifts something for him. It has some controversial reviews due to the narrators explanations of other disabled children within the hospital but I didn’t find it offensive but rather the musings of a sad 17 year old boy. That, rather than anything intentionally malicious. It was a sweet story though sad.

message 70: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zeeohee) | 69 comments Completion Post:
Book: Spoonbenders
Qualification: Borrowed audiobook from library
Read: June 12-14
Review: The Amazing Telemachus family is not quite amazing anymore. While once crowds flocked to see them and their psychic abilities, they now live relatively normal lives out in the world after a disastrous TV performance. The older generation assumes that the you her generation has no powers and the younger generation isn’t sure what to think. There are government agents and mobsters and a little romance thrown in there. Fun story. Very human.

message 71: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 247 comments Corrected first week post. Please let me know if there is anything I need to change

SELECTION POST
Book: The Rules of Magic
Qualification: Main page Genre of historical fiction

Book:The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
Read 6/9
Rating 5 stars
I love Practical Magic and it was enjoyable me to read the story about the aunts and their childhood. The story is magical and I laughed and cried for them. I highly recommend

message 72: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 247 comments SELECTION POST
Book: May Day Murder
Pages: 352
Qualification: Borrowed from library ebook

message 73: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 247 comments Completion Post:
Book: May Day Murder
Qualification: Borrowed ebook from library
Read: June 16
Rating:5 stars
Review: I loved this most recent installment of the Wiccan Mysteries. This one focuses more on the pagan community than previous installments. Kelli randomly meets a Druid at her friends shop and gets talked into giving him a ride. When they get to his house, his ex-girlfriend has been murdered. Kelli is not only on the suspect list, but has been outed as a witch. I loved the focus on the different types of paganism and more on Beltane as well as the usual cast of characters. This book leaves off on a slightly sinister note, and I can't wait for the next book to come out so I can see where that leads.

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Carmen,
Where Is the completion post for historical? The link in stamp me thread doesn’t work"

Fixed. I don’t know what happening but I'm guessing my fingers around working for me. LOL

message 75: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Jun 16, 2019 04:53PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Jenn wrote: "Corrected first week post. Please let me know if there is anything I need to change

SELECTION POST
Book: The Rules of Magic
Qualification: Main page ..."

Jenn each post is supposed to be in separate postings. If you just add your completion to your previous post and leave the selection in this one, that would be great.

message 77: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 797 comments COMPLETION POST

Book: Fair Game by Josh Lanyon
Pages: 270 / GR
Qualification: Shelved as Disability by 29 users, blurb says "a crippling knee injury"
Finished: 6/15/2019

Josh Lanyon is really good at creating a mystery. I had no clue who the villain was until the very end. The romance is pretty good although I wasn't clear what the connection between Elliott and Lance was, some of that might have been because Elliott was so good at putting up walls. The disability theme really comes into play here because Elliott is struggling with having to walk away from a life he loved, being an FBI agent. He's a bit prickly and wasn't as endearing as Adrien from the Adrien English series but I still enjoyed this and will read the next one.

[*bookcover:Fair Game|8531376]

message 78: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 247 comments Like this?

Completion post
Read 6/9
Rating 5 stars

message 79: by Jenn (new)

Book: A Tragic Kind of Wonderful
Pages: 288 pages
Qualification: Main Character is bi-polar. Book tagged Disability. Mods approved

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Jenn wrote: "Like this?

Completion post
Read 6/9
Rating 5 stars
I love Practical Magic and it was enjoyable me to read the story about..."

Yes, thanks ☺

message 81: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Jun 18, 2019 11:58AM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Tuesday June 18, 2019 SHELF #3:

description

message 82: by Jamie (last edited Jun 24, 2019 07:42AM) (new)

Jamie | 797 comments Selection Post Week 3
Shelf: Fantasy/UF/Paranormal

Book: The Magician's Land by Lev Grossman
Pages: 402 pgs / GR
Qualification: Shelved as Fantasy>Magic by 241 users

[*book:The Magician's Land|19103097]

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Selection Post
Free Space
Book : Gold Coast Wives by Bernadette Walsh
Pages: 178
Qualifies: borrow from romance audible

message 84: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Jun 18, 2019 03:36PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Completion Post
Shelf: Free Space
Book: Gold Coast Wives by Bernadette Walsh
Pages: 178
Read: 6/17/19
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: This was a fun book especially when you hear your hometown being mentioned and also areas you've traveled too.
Kate was part of a reality show that included the former prom queen who hated her for reasons unknown to her but as much as she didn't want to take part in it she had too because her husband decided that he had to go to Australia but hasn't made an attempt to communicate with Kate or their daughter. So while doing the show Kate does go through a lot of drama but also finds herself as well. This was fun but with a lot going on.

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Selection Post
Shelf #3: Fantasy / Urban Fantasy / Paranormal
Book: An Easy Death by Charlaine Harris
Pages: 336
Qualifies: tagged fantasy 264 times

message 86: by Jenn (last edited Jun 18, 2019 04:52PM) (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 247 comments Completion post
Book:A Tragic Kind of Wonderful
shelf: disability
Pages: 288 pages
Read 6/18
Rating 4 stars
This is the second book I've read by Eric Lindstrom and they have both been very good. This book, the main character Mel, is hiding things from her friends - that she is bipolar - that her brother died. Mel is a beautiful person but she struggles to let anyone close to her and she has struggles with her disability. I loved all of the characters in this book and how supportive they were of Mel.

message 87: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Jun 18, 2019 04:15PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Jenn you forgot to post what shelf its from

message 88: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zeeohee) | 69 comments SELECTION POST
Shelf: Fantasy
Book: The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1) by Cassandra Clare
Pages: 350 pages
Qualification: Tagged as fantasy

message 89: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 247 comments ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Jenn you forgot to post what shelf its from"

I went back and added Disability

message 90: by Carrie (new)

Book: Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Read: June 18
Qualification: tagged disability 192 times
Rating: 5 stars
Review: I finished this last night and all I could do when I closed the book was sit in silence. I find that this is a touchy book to review. I found myself hoping and hoping that we will get this beautiful ending that something miraculous will happen but sometimes in life there isn't a happy ending. But then again that's one side of the coin. Sometimes your love isn't enough and some battles no matter how you much you fight you can't win

message 92: by Carrie (new)

Book: The Waking Forest by Alyssa Wees
The Waking Forest by Alyssa Wees
Pages: 304
Qualification: tagged fantasy 156x

message 93: by Jenn (new)

Book: The Babysitters Coven
Pages: 368 pages
Qualification: first page Tagged fantasy

message 94: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Congratulations FACTORY FIVE on completing your FREE Space Shelf.
Your Bingo Board has been updated to reflect the stamp.

message 95: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 797 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Congratulations FACTORY FIVE on completing your FREE Space Shelf.
Your Bingo Board has been updated to reflect the stamp."

Go team go!

message 96: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 247 comments I finished Disability shelf but you don't have my link. It shows everyone else finished it too, so we should have that stamp too.

message 97: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 247 comments COMPLETION POST:
Book: The Babysitters Coven by Kate Williams
Pages: 368 pages
Read: 6/20/19
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: This book was a fun read, as the main characters were funny. It seems like there were two halves to this book. The first half I enjoyed better. The second half, there were parts I felt were rushed or weird. It's essentially a book about Babysitter's with superpowers that have a similar theme to the Buffy universe.

message 98: by Carrie (new)

Book: The Waking Forest by Alyssa Wees
The Waking Forest by Alyssa Wees
Pages: 304
Qualification: tagged fantasy 156x
Read: June 20
Rating: 3 stars
Review: Sooo much potential. Soo sooo much potential.

It took me some time to get into this story. I found my mind to start wandering, but then boom things started to keep me going and I was turning pages quicker and quicker and then the page turning wasn't so quick...and once again my mind wasn't staying on the book. Which is a shame really as the idea of this story is fantastic, but it still fell flat. Something was missing, for me at least. I was hoping that once it started to pick up and keep me interested it would stay that way.

We have witches, princes, a boy, foxes, wishes, sisters, dreams, magic and so much more. And I wanted to fall into this and be swept away.

I liked the book and truly did enjoy the story I just think there could be something more.

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 248 comments Jenn wrote: "I finished Disability shelf but you don't have my link. It shows everyone else finished it too, so we should have that stamp too."

Sorry I must have missed it but I still have to get my book done