What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Science fiction -Scientist drill a hole in the Arctic to find Atlantis - Rusian Author

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andres (new)

Andres | 2 comments I am looking for a book that was written I believe by a Science Fiction Russian author, I remembered he had a background in science, I think it was physics, he had not studied literature. He had a vast knowledge of scientific equipment and military machinery.

I read the book around 2009 and the book had been published about that time, the cover was blue, about ice and maybe a door resembling Atlantis. I dont think the word Atlantis was in the title.

The plot was basically a group of scientist that went to the arctic to drill a huge hole in search of the lost city of Atlantis (there was a lot of explanation about the techniques) and some powerful tools, and weapons. The scientist rappel down the hole to find the city of Atlantis, the fantasy part of the book was about some legends that said that maybe they could find some kind of guardians that were like big soldiers/monsters made out of ice protecting the city.

It would be great if someone has read this book and can remember the title! I would love to read more books about that writer. Thanks!!!!

message 2: by Pixiegirl105 (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 152 comments I don't think it's this one, but if you liked stuff like the book you're reading, you'll probably like James Rollins...

Ice Hunt

message 3: by Andres (new)

Andres | 2 comments Yeah, it is not Ice Hunt, but thank for the recommendation!!!

message 4: by Andria (last edited Apr 12, 2019 02:06PM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
I don't think this is it, either, but it's got drilling in the Arctic and Atlantis, so.......Decipher

message 5: by Pixiegirl105 (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 152 comments Well...thanks to looking for this book...I have found alot of new authors to read. Lol!

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2056 comments Some Atlantis literature is listed here (under "literature) https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...