This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

до свидания (if Gretchen was a Mod she'd be able to change this)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know how many Haters are big Neil Gaiman fans, but there's a scene in Season of the Mists where Lucifer having decided to abandon hades, bequeaths the key to Hell to Morpheus.

I could've closed the joint down, but it's yours Sarah.

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) what is this? who was deleted that bequeathed the keys to Montambo?

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Did he quit or get kicked out?

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) I'm so not fitting in here (crap!) I am always hovering just outside the group (>_<)

message 5: by Lori (last edited Aug 22, 2009 06:25PM) (new)

Lori (tnbbc) sorry, wasnt clear, I guess. He is a deleted member... so did Goodreads boot him off the site, or did he quit the site and remove his profile?

message 6: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Steve left? Holy WTF?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Aw guys. Maybe he'll be back. Just a personal thing. Don't worry; everybody's fine.

/internet drama.

message 8: by David (new)

David Loser. Must have been the patriot act.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

A little melancholy, a bit of dramatics, a splash of insanity.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep. Steve's been vaporized, I just wanted to candy coat it a little! The man with the vaporizer let him come on here and say goodbye, first. :)

The vaporizer man was last seen heading NE from here!! WATCH OUT, SETH!!!

P.S. Seth, do you miss Steve?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

AM NOT!!! When did Steve ever moderate anything?!! It's all me and you know it!!!!

Plus, I will add another, soon, but we should have a period of mourning for Mr. Mort, Hater Creator.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Plus, I don't know what your little nickname means, but I see the word zit in there. And "gottabonie?!"

grumble, grumble.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

That's because he's not dead and I just talked on the phone with him 15 minutes ago, and I'm entitled to some grumbling when he leaves me to explain everything, which I really can't, so I gotta make light of it all and make jokes! It's how I roll!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

And it's true he did moderate some stuff. Like when he kicked out Carlie.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

The truth is, this isn't a very hard job. :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Grr!

Why don't you want Gretchen to change her picture?

message 17: by smetchie (last edited Aug 23, 2009 11:40AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments ..but it's nice to see my legs.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Those are some nice gams, Gretchen. I like this photo! What was the last one?

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 23, 2009 12:08PM) (new)

I think that because he started the club, he has contemplated a couple times shutting it down when he's felt compelled to leave, but ultimately he knows that's just silly.

Don't worry about Steve, though. If any of you want to contact him, I have his email address.

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 23, 2009 12:01PM) (new)

Baseball? You're so wholesome.

Dosfoodonya!

Come back soon. Nobody else is allowed to leave.

:_(

message 21: by smetchie (last edited Aug 23, 2009 12:14PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments ...or if you DO want to leave, just, you know. leave.

I mean, if you DO want to leave, just, you know, delete your profile and tell everyone you're doing it because at least then the ones left behind have something to talk about.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

:_(

message 23: by Jini (new)

Jini Gretchen wrote: "I mean, if you DO want to leave, just, you know, delete your profile and tell everyone you're doing it because at least then the ones left behind have something to talk about"

What if you delete your profile, create a new one and join THC just to see what smack people are talking about you?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha!

Awesome. I don't know what a frogmarch is, but I hope Alison really goes for it, someday. :)

message 25: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell A frogmarch is when a prisoner is shackled by the arms and legs and led away.

Interesting metaphor there, Seth.

message 26: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 23, 2009 06:18PM) (new)

"that guy? he's been trying me to get me to publish something of his for years. Don't worry he'll do anything to get his name in print"
-KS

Sorry, just had to share a quick quote there O hateful brethren ;D

OK fine, so my willpower isn't all it could be (which to several of you won't really come as any kind of surprise whatsoever). What can I say? You know that kind of hate that makes throw a wine glass at the wall (or in this case vodka bottle), scream "to hell with all of you then!", slam the door & make a dramatic exit?

Yeah, it's been that kind of hateful weekend.

Buuut...fortunately Mr. Mort is a quick (if not hateful) healer, and I'm definitely back (& have no plans of leaving in the near future).

But without further ado, there's a few things I'd like to get off my mind.

BunWat: :)

Lori: "I'm so not fitting in here (crap!) I am always hovering just outside the group (>_<)" I laughed out loud when I read this, I thought you were talking about me!! *blush*

Seth: I like you.

David: Your mom should've been the patriot act.

Gretchen: (dangling keys) Would you like to be Mod?

Jini: You win.

Dave: Excellent Point!!

and lastly, am I going to ever talk about what my own personal drama was? Not on your fucking life (but Montambo knows all about it, so you should definitely ask her!)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

sigh

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't remember that, either, Bunny. And I've read every comment ever made on every thread and every poll.

We need evidence, Mort.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

GUH-ROSS!!!

message 30: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... oh Steve, never change.

Seth... I'm honored. And, uhm... no. Not after Axis. Not unless you want to watch me stab people repeatedly for no good reason.

Also... I love the feature where you can block people and never have to read their posts again. ::::happy sigh:::::

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 23, 2009 06:17PM) (new)

@BunWat Forgiven (& thanks for the welcome back, for reals *prev post edited*)

[image error]

It's all cool Daddy-o!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, look at his new haircut!!!

message 33: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I was only gone for a couple hours and I'm completely lost.

message 34: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Gretchen, will you please accept the position of moderator and correct the spelling of "dosvidanya" in the title of this thread?

Thank you.

message 35: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Rusty, no. Seth, yes.

There has been some editing in this thread I'm sure of it. Bunny is saying she never said that but I don't see where anyone said she's saying anything. I just see a smiley face.

message 36: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) You mean до свидания?

message 37: by Rusty (last edited Aug 23, 2009 08:14PM) (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments re: 51

I mean "ti pashol nahoo-ey". I'm doing that phonetically, but you know what I mean.*

Gretchen, you're dead to me.

*I realize that even if you do speak Russian (not that I do), this will still be difficult to decipher, because I'm doing it from memory and I'm too lazy to use proper phonetic symbols.

Edit: This has been edited all to hell.

message 38: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Not a clue what you mean, Rusty. My Russian is pretty much limited to "до свидания" and "Вы купили водочку?" Cyrillic letters courtesy http://babelfish.yahoo.com

message 39: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Tom, it just means "f@#k you". It's one of the few things I can say in Russian besides "dosvidanya". I just wanted to participate.

message 40: by Rusty (last edited Aug 23, 2009 08:14PM) (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments One more thing, Gretchen. When you become mod, could you edit this title so it reads "If Gretchen were a mod"?

Thank you. You're still dead to me.

message 41: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I'm okay with that.

message 42: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) A useful phrase to know, Rusty, but i think "did y'all buy the vodka" has the greater potential in terms of practical value.

Then again, what's the probability of running into a Russian who has not bought the vodka?

message 43: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Okay, that's pretty funny, Tom.

Seth, since I know you are sincere in your desire to see dogshit in cyrillic, here you go:

дерьмо собаки

message 44: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Rusty, no.

message 45: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Oh, I would have read your last comment, except for the fact that you're dead to me.

message 46: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Rusty, this is me from the grave, haunting you.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

message 47: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I don't know how to say "welcome back in cyrillic dogshit." Perhaps Kasia will oblige.

message 48: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Where has Kasia been anyway?

message 49: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments do you have some guacamole to go with them?

message 50: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments bummer.

« previous 1