What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Westing Game
This topic is about The Westing Game
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: Vague Memory of a YA Mystery [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) All I can really remember about this book is that there's a character with tourette's syndrome. There's no outbursts of cursing per say from what I remember but I remember that this character often had muscular twitches or things like his arm would suddenly shoot up into the air against his will, etc. Also, I'm pretty sure his brother is one of the main protagonists.

From what I remember this was kind of a standard mystery book in the sense that it involved a large cast of characters (who I think may have all lived in the same apartment complex or enclosed community) and centered around a singular "who dunnit?" type of question. Either a murder or a theft (maybe both).

This is incredibly vague, I just thought I give it a shot and see if this rings a bell for anyone.

Thanks.

Michelle Mulford | 112 comments Possibly The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin? I haven't read this in a long time, but the characters all live in an apartment building, and I remember a boy with some kind of disability.

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) That's absolutely it! Thank you so much. I didn't think anyone would be able to work with my vague descriptions. And now I see that a number of my friends have this book with high ratings on their shelves. Thanks again.