This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

What should I do to Gretchen for making me read chick-lit?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Any ideas?

message 2: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Bamboo shoots under the nails?

Flaying?

Atomic wedgie?

Go to one of the author forums and tell them Gretchen is looking for author friend requests?

Respond to all her posts in Polish?

message 3: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I'm so impressed with myself! How did I make you read chick-lit, Kasia?

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 21, 2009 09:30AM) (new)

Sure, Kasia. And she made you go see "He's Just Not That Into You" with your knitting circle.

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I did. She's my puppet.

message 6: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments ::Screws up his courage, and takes a deep breath::

I've also been victimized by Gretchen. Eleven years ago, she forced me to watch Steel Magnolias. And I've hated her ever since.

message 7: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments She also made me watch Fried Green Tomatoes around the same time. Mercifully, I fell asleep during that one.

message 8: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Kasia, don't you moderate a group on Romance novels? Your revulsion to chick-lit can't possibly be that strong, can it?

message 9: by smetchie (last edited Aug 21, 2009 11:47AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I also made KD get gonorrhea.

message 10: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Gretchen wrote: "How did I make you read chick-lit, Kasia"

You have Something Borrowed listed, with a positive comment... Then I see it on display in the library... One thing let to another...

Dave wrote: "don't you moderate a group on Romance novels?"
I do, but reading chick-lit is not a requirement. And up to now I've managed to stay away from that particular genre. Now I have 3 pink books on my nightstand. Hear that Gretchen!!! All your fault.

Montambo wrote: "Sure, Kasia. And she made you go see "He's Just Not That Into You" with your knitting circle."

She did. I'd never come up with that on my own.

message 11: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Rusty wrote: "Bamboo shoots under the nails?

Flaying?

Atomic wedgie?

Go to one of the author forums and tell them Gretchen is looking for author friend requests?

Respond to all her posts in Polish?
"

So many good ideas. And there I was, afraid I would have to let this one go (I cannot retaliate without a proper scheme). But now....

Be afraid Gretchen, be very afraid.

message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Now I have 3 pink books on my nightstand. Hear that Gretchen!!! All your fault.

you're welcome.