Shut Up & Read discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Pick It For Me > January Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Leigh | 16200 comments Mod
What's a TBR Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

Like the name implies, those who participate in this monthly challenge will have a book selected for them by a partner. Partners will be randomly paired up. You will choose a book for your partner from their to read list (TBR), and they will choose one for you from your TBR list.

Once you have picked the book, come back to this thread and post what book you have chose for your partner. Also send a message to the person with the name of the book you have selected for them. Then when you're done with your book, come back to this thread and post your opinion so we know you have completed the challenge.

For this challenge, you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable) or make the person you're paired with your friend. I strongly advise keeping your bookshelves updated, otherwise you might end up with a recommendation for something that you've already read.

Sign up period will remain open until December 28 and you'll have until January 1 to make a selection for your partner.

message 4: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments I'm in, please pick from https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 5: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Carrie wrote: "I'm in, please pick from https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

I have added you.

message 7: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Christian wrote: "I’m in, https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

I have added you.

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 42 comments I’ll join with my pick it for me shelf

message 9: by Ayanime (new)

Ayanime  (ayanimelovesbooks) I'm in please

message 11: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

I have added everyone.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1403 comments I'm in, Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 13: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "I'm in, Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

I have added you.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1403 comments Thank you Leigh

message 16: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Christine wrote: "I’m in

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

I have added you.

message 17: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

PAIRS ARE UP

message 18: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Christian,

Here are your choices: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling . I hope you enjoy one of these choices. Happy Reading!

message 19: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nem02) Siren, for you I have picked:- Everless (Everless, #1) by Sara Holland Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Enjoy.

message 20: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2265 comments Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads ~

Here are your choices

Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards
If I Should Die Before I Wake by Lurlene McDaniel
When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle

message 21: by Carrie (last edited Dec 30, 2018 09:16AM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Hi Ayanime, for you I have 2 books that I loved and gave 5 stars The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (amazing deserves more then 5 stars), Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs and a graphic novel that I gave 4 stars Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1) by Brian K. Vaughan

Happy Reading!

message 22: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 42 comments For natalie, i pick raven’s mark by angel lawson, hoodwinked by beth hendrix, and chosen by darkness by e.m. Moore. Hope you enjoy!

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1403 comments For you Christine, I have picked The Hollow (The Hollow, #1) by Jessica Verday , White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout or Dark Song by Gail Giles

I hope you enjoy one or all of the reads!

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1403 comments Hi Christine, could you please pick my books off of my Pick it for Me shelf here is the link... https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Thank you.

message 25: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2265 comments Yep and i’m sorry and your welcome

Tammy ~ Witching Hour Reads ~

Here are your choices

The Killing Jar by Jennifer Bosworth
One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2) by Kendare Blake
Always Emily by Michaela MacColl

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1403 comments Thank you.

message 27: by Carrie (last edited Jan 02, 2019 06:05AM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments I haven't heard from my partner yet, I understand it's holiday season but I figured I'd make a post.

Oh nvm, it's only the 2nd she may come on later today.

message 28: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Carrie wrote: "I haven't heard from my partner yet, I understand it's holiday season but I figured I'd make a post.

Oh nvm, it's only the 2nd she may come on later today."

I can pick for you if you want?

message 29: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Leigh wrote: "Carrie wrote: "I haven't heard from my partner yet, I understand it's holiday season but I figured I'd make a post.

Oh nvm, it's only the 2nd she may come on later today."

I can pick for you if y..."

Sure Leigh, and if she does come on maybe I'll have 2 sets :)

message 30: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Carrie,

Here are your choices: Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6) by Darynda Jones Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews . I hope you like one of these choices. Happy Reading!

message 31: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Leigh wrote: "Carrie,

Here are your choices: Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6) by Darynda JonesBetween Shades of Gray by Ruta SepetysWhite Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews. I hope you like one of these choices. Happy Re..."

Thank you Leigh.

message 32: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Carrie wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Carrie,

Here are your choices: Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6) by Darynda JonesBetween Shades of Gray by Ruta SepetysWhite Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews. I hope you like one of these cho..."

You are welcome.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.