Start by marking “White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)

White Hot (Hidden Legacy #2)

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  18,012 Ratings  ·  2,023 Reviews
Nevada Baylor has a unique and secret skill—she knows when people are lying—and she's used that magic (along with plain, hard work) to keep her colorful and close-knit family's detective agency afloat. But her new case pits her against the shadowy forces that almost destroyed the city of Houston once before, bringing Nevada back into contact with Connor "Mad" Rogan.

Rogan i
Mass Market Paperback, 389 pages
Published May 30th 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about White Hot, please sign up.
Wendy It's now going to be May 2017 (the publisher has changed the date), and the 3rd book in the series will also be published in August 2017. She posted…more It's now going to be May 2017 (the publisher has changed the date), and the 3rd book in the series will also be published in August 2017. She posted about it on their blog early in November.
Wendy It's now going to be May 2017, and the 3rd book in the series will also be published in August 2017. She posted about it on their blog early in…moreIt's now going to be May 2017, and the 3rd book in the series will also be published in August 2017. She posted about it on their blog early in November.

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
💉 Some Clueless People Use Illegal Drugs to Get High But That's Just Because They're Um Clueless and Stuff and Have Never Read a Tactile IA Book Before Ha Buddy Rerererererererereread (SCPUIDtGHBTJBTUCaSaHNRaTIABBHBR™) with the IA Addicts 💉

Previous rating: 40 million stars and a half.
New rating: 50 million stars and a half. And then some.

And the moral of this rerererererereread is : if we lived in a perfect world, there would be a Kate Daniels/Hidden Legacy crossover series. It would be call
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

The first time I read BURN FOR ME, I had concerns about literally Mad Rogan. I mean, yeah, he was effing hot, but when Nevada had to explain to him, over and over again, why he shouldn't (b/c yes, brat, we all know you can) kill people just b/c they annoy you . . . I repeat, I was concerned.

In WHITE HOT those concerns were answered, and HOO BOY, if I'd thought he was hot before . . . *chants* Tactile, tactile, tactile . . .

Nevada Baylor has a rare gift in a world that pr
Robin (Bridge Four)
3rd read just as good.

4.75 Come Into My Lair Stars

I keep thinking that I'm going to write you guys a better review of this. But no matter what I say it will not be as awesome as the words in the book and the fantastic blend of humor, sexual tension and action.

description

This was one of my favorite descriptions in the book.

he had thunder on his brow and lightning in his eye. I never understood what that phrase meant until Rogan’s face demonstrated it for me.

Yes I know it is just release day but it is al
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Maybe a gazillion ★★★★★ would be enough.... but probably not!!

Let's talk expectations. .. As all of us devoted readers know expectations can be the worst kind of plague. They make you excited and often a little bit manic and most of the time they lead to you wanting very specific things. Obviously the authors not being a mind readers can't deliver exactly what your overzealous imagination has come up with for their characters. And even if they could read minds, yours is probably not the only ove
Aisling Zena
Re-read 20/8/17

5 stars

Review now posted 4/6/17

Was this worth the wait? Hell fucking YEAH!
Did I love Nevada and Rogan? Hell fucking YEAH!
Did I love the plot? Hell fucking YEAH!
You see where this is going right?!

This book made me wanna roar!!
description
(See what I did there? Bit of Curran! (wink,wink)

The covers might be atrocious (and I really blame Avon for it) but don't let that stop you from picking up another winning series by these fantastic authors. They might not be everyone's cup of tea but they sure
Navessa
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I didn't already know and trust IA, that cover would make me run screaming in the other direction.

Better than the first. I'm here for the witty banter. Not so much for Rogan and his alpha douchiness. I'm also super over the hating on women not related to this female lead.
Helen 2.0
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everybody everywhere
Oh boy. Where do I start?

This is the type of series that draws you in from the get-go, grips you the whole way, then spits you out all chewed up, wanting to claw your hair out while you wait for the next installment.

If you look at the GR page for White Hot, it's a slew of five-star reviews from obsessed readers who have considered selling their souls to Ilona Andrews in exchange for book 3.

So what makes Hidden Legacy so addictive? I'll give my 3 biggest reasons real quick.
1. The world, my god,
 ⚔ Sh3lly - Cranky Crone of Rabid Hedgehogs and Fire Breathing Kittens ⚔
I read this for the 2017 Machalo Group Reading Challenge.

Review:

Honestly, I expected this to be good, but not *this good.* Burn for Me was great, but this takes things to a whole other level. I'm putting it up there with the best of the Kate Daniels books (#3, #6, and #9 for me personally).

This picks up a few months after the first one ended. Rogan has disappeared from Nevada's life and she thinks he has moved on. Silly woman. Of course, their paths cross again when they get mixed up in the s
Anne
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm not sure why, but I'm just not as blown away as everyone else. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood?
I don't know.

description

All I do know was it took me a couple of weeks to finish it.
But don't get me wrong, it's not bad!
I like the characters well enough, I like the plot, and I like the world they live in, so I'm not sure what the problem was.
*whispers*
Other than that cover...

description

Anyway, I'm glad I read it and I'm looking forward to the conclusion of this trilogy in the next book.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I won this in a Goodreads/Firstreads Giveaway! Yay! But, I have to read the first one first, it's always something! =)
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
4.5 stars. On sale today, May 30, 2017! Final review, first posted on Fantasy Literature:

Note: this review contains some spoilers for the first book in this series, Burn for Me.

In White Hot (2017), the second book in Ilona Andrews’ HIDDEN LEGACY urban fantasy series, we return to a magical version of Houston, Texas, where some people (typically the rich and powerful) have inheritable magical powers. Nevada Baylor is from a not-particularly wealthy family that runs a private investigation firm,
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Confession time: I'm a TOTAL Ilona Andrews nerd/super-fan!!

When I met the writing duo at RT this year and got a SIGNED PAPERBACK (meep!!), I just about died. I was saving the book for a special time because I LOVED Burn for Me with a passion and I knew White Hot would be a winner. So when I sort of hit a reading slump this week, I picked up that glorious paperback and got to work.

AND I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN.

I stayed up until 3:48 am finishing it! This is not a drill!

Okay, I'll admit the book
Bradley
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(Insert generic rant about covers.)

Putting my intense hate aside for just a moment, I do need to clarify that I loved the actual text of this book. I've gotten through all of the Kate Daniels series and the Innkeeper stuff, but I really ought to spell this out... I think I am in love with this series and it's even better than the others.

Sheesh. It's really a case of misleading expectations thanks to that damn cover. I mean, technically, it has a strong romance plot through it, but for the most p
Tandie
Bought the book for my Kindle and then purchased the audio when I got to about 30% Just finished a reread in preparation for Wildfire. I'll be back again someday to write a proper review. I've got all these highlights and notes, but no patience! It was woo-hoo good, all my wildest dreams came true. Rogan. RoganRoganRoganRoganRogan!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Update: This is it? The cover redesign is a magical greenish background and a weird font? Did the publishers decide to drive us crazy? All I ca
Manju
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, 4-star, 2010-19
fantastic!! why didn't i read this before.:/
Jilly
Oh, book, how I love you! Let me count the ways:

♥ Ilona Andrews can do no wrong. No, I don't know them. No, I don't have any stake in their writing career. I'm just a simple fan-girl sitting in front of a computer asking them to keep writing.

IA:

♥ The main characters, Nevada and Rogan, are awesome. Their chemistry is amazing.

Maybe I should roll down the window to let some of the sexual tension out. We needed a distraction, or I’d end up pulling over and we’d end up in the back seat, doing . . .
Adina
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy-pr
The sequel is just as racy, exciting, sexy and endearing as the first novel. We get to learn more about Rogan's past, House politics and Nevada's family. Also the conspiracy we uncovered in the first volume gets even more dangerous. On to the 3rd and last in the series.
1st Read - 12th December 2016
2nd Read - 15th December 2016
3rd Read - 22nd April 2017
4th Read - 26th April 2017
5th Read - 13th May 2017
6th read - 7th November 2017
7th read - 23rd May 2018

Full Review

I do not have the words to say how amazing this book is, honestly 5000 stars would not be a high enough rating! If you enjoyed Burn for Me you aren't even going to know what to do with yourself after you finish White Hot, it left me absolutely desperate for Wildfire so its a very good job that they're
Merve Özcan
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Yaaaa. Çok güzeldi yine ama bir şeyler eksikti bu kitapta. Yine de çok severek okudum. Nevada ve Mad Rogan <3
Bu kitapta bir sürü şey açığa çıkıyor. Sırlar açısından aydınlatıcı. Kitabın sonundaki bir sahne bana Jeaniene'nin Night Prince serisinin son kitabındaki bir sahneyi hatırlattı. Beklediğime değmiş.

Bu arada seri üçüncü kitapta bitiyormuş?!??!???!!??

I want this so bad.

Ilona and Gordon,

PS: I am still thinking about how will I wait.
Emma
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If anyone had told me a few years ago, before I really discovered urban fantasy as a genre, that I could LOVE a book with a cover like the ones you find on this book and in fact the whole series, I would have laughed in your face. Judging books by their covers? Yep. Well please don't let the covers on this series put you off. These books are amazing!
Nevada and Rogan are such fantastic characters. The romance is perfectly done, the magic of the world is great, the action fast paced, the plot so
Melindam
5 Brilliant, Shining Stars - buddy-read with the awesome Ilona Andrews Addicts IAA Group

THIS IS AWESOMENESS BOOKIFIED!

Reading felt like drinking this.

description

It promised a lot and OMG, did it deliver! It went right up to my head and made me feel fabulous. :)

Ilona & Gordon just went and did it again: reducing me to tears / laughter while making me hold my breath till the end and then of course serious deprivation, book hangover and the feeling of "IWANTTHENEXTBOOKRIGHTAWAY" set in. *SIGHandSTAREw

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

God, I love this series. Especially that terrible cover. If it's depicting what I think it's depicting in this book then lawlz, because ain't no time for sexings when you're about to be dead. I'm not going to say anymore on that because spoilers, but seriously, L-O-L.

When I finished BURN FOR ME and found out the sequel wasn't out yet, there were tantrums. This is precisely why I avoid new series. I have zero patience. If I like a book, I wa
♥Rachel♥
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Hidden Legacy series is quickly shaping up to be one of my all time favorites. No surprise there, because in my opinion the husband and wife writing team that make up Ilona Andrews are so very talented! Thrilling plots, laugh-out-loud humor and romances that ooze sexual tension are the hallmarks of every one of their books! I can’t recommend their writing enough!

The Hidden Legacy series is set in a modern day Texas where people with magic powers have clout and are organized into family Hous
Deborah Obida
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Deborah by: Tessy Nightblood Ijachi
This cover is even worse than that of the first book, that looks nothing like Mad Rogan, that pose is just WTF! Can't decide whether this is better the first book, there was more action,romance and revelations but I kind of miss the whole mystery of book one. I don't know why but I always find it hard to review urban fantasy, you should read my review for the Raven boys, it was horrendous. I know that I've improve so I'll defintely do a better job here. The ship finally sailed here.

There was rar
Maria V. Snyder
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I spent about 15 hours driving over the last couple weeks and I listened to this book. The narrator is fantastic - she also does Ilona Andrews' The Edge series as well (not sure about Kate Daniels). This is a great follow up to the previous book, but there were a couple times when I wanted to yell at Nevada for being a bit too stubborn - one of the things I dislike about most urban fantasy are the chip-on-the-shoulder protagonists, while strong, independent and skilled in self-defense/fighting, ...more
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
No review, just read it. This series is fantastic. The audio is fantastic.

Rogan basically got me like this

#pervertandproud #sorrynotsorry
Beth
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let's face it, if the team of Ilona Andrews writes it, I'm going to read it. Everything that this husband and wife team has produced has been everything an avid reader, such as myself, would love to find in every book they pick up. WHITE HOT is another perfect example of this amazing storytelling by this duo.

I received this ARC copy of White Hot from Avon in exchanged for a honest and voluntary review. This book is set for publication May 30, 2017.

My Rating: 5 stars
Written by: Ilona Andrews
Serie
Phrynne
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4000-books
What a good book! The authors are just so talented - I read everything they write and so far they have never let me down. Just never look at the covers. They are so bad they need a category of their own.
However, back to the book. Nevada and Rogan are very similar to Kate and Curran in the Kate Daniels series but set in a very different world where magic is the norm, Mages belong to Houses and fighting between them happens all the time. Rogan is just wonderful, one of the most powerful , he is de
Jo
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!

Re-reading because nothing fixes a book slump better than this series ;-)

This series is now my favorite IA series written and these books are part of the best books I've read this year. I can't recommend it enough. READ IT!

Nevada Baylor has a rare magic. As a truthseeker she can tell if someone is lying but she can also seek the truth in other ways. She’s always kept her magic a secret, but ever since she was hired to find Adam Pierce it’s become more difficult to keep others from finding

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this book so much! I really wish that I could give it more than 5 stars because it has an extra layer of awesome that you don't often find. I have been wanting to get my hands on this book ever since I finished Burn for Me back in 2014 and it turns out that it was worth the wait. I have already read this book twice and I know that I will be reading it many more times in the future. It is really that good.

One of the things tha
  • Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4)
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Blood of the Earth (Soulwood, #1)
  • Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4)
  • The Cold Light of Day (Charlie Madigan, #5)
  • Edge of Darkness (Rhiannon's Law, #4)
  • Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5)
  • The Sight (Devil's Isle, #2)
  • Once Broken Faith (October Daye, #10)
  • Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15)
  • The Sea King (Weathermages of Mystral, #2)
  • Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)
  • Legacy of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #8)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better grade ...more
More about Ilona Andrews

Hidden Legacy (6 books)
  • Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #4)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #5)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #6)
“I'm Mr.Ripped. I live in the gym. My teeth have biceps and my biceps have teeth. I chew up weights and shit out lead bricks” 21 likes
“I can be a good dragon, when the occasion requires it.” 16 likes