Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived Challenges > 2,019 in 2019 Group Challenge

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Jan 13, 2019 06:50PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

Goal? Our group goal is 2019 books in the year 2019. An easy goal, but let's see how many times we can actually hit 2,019! Thus, the name:
 ~ 2,019 in 2019 Book Count Challenge ~
When? Start Date: 00:01 on January 1, 2019 until December 31, 2019.

Where?: Join the Challenge that appears on our home page, or it can be found at this link. The discussion can be found here.

What?: Any genre! And length!

How?: For additional help in understanding how to join, check out instuctions under “GoodReads How To...” “Join a Featured Group Challenge.” This requires adding a specific bookshelf to your bookshelves. Remember, if your bookshelf has more than one word, you must add a HYPHEN in between.

Remember, just keep reading, and we'll keep you up-to-date on our progress!

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Dec 26, 2018 03:50AM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments
This year we will be keeping track of the link to your Home Page challenge. However, if your bookshelf is private or you are not friends with one of the Mods, we can NOT click on it to "refresh" and update your goal. You will have to do so yourself.
Refresh Your Challenge
If you have joined the 2,019 in 2019 Book Count Challenge, we need you to “refresh” your challenge page.

Simply click on your current percent, as show by the red arrow below.

This will take you to your “view books” – or display screen and cause your book total to update.

If you go back to the previous screen and “refresh” the screen, you’ll see you percent has updated (if you’ve added any books since the last time you checked).

Thanks so much! We appreciate it.

Special Note:

The section of the challenge showing your goal and name of bookshelf will NOT appear until January 1st.

message 4: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I signed up for 150.

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I went with 170.

message 8: by Alisha (new)

Alisha (aframel) | 2 comments I signed up for 150 this year!

message 9: by Rebecca NJ (last edited Jan 02, 2019 09:51AM) (new)

Rebecca NJ (njreader) | 103 comments I've not been meeting my goal the last few years so I'm only signing up for 100 this year.

message 10: by ❀Tea❀ (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 252 comments Already signed up with 150 for now.

message 11: by AnnaG (new)

AnnaG | 14 comments First year in this group and looking for to 2019!

message 12: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Jan 13, 2019 06:50PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Welcome to the challenge everyone.

message 13: by Shan ~A~ (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) Signed up for 275

message 14: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Here's where we are so far:

message 15: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments We are ahead in the challenge only %7.9 of the year has passed and we are at %18.5 of the set goal.
By my guess we will reach our goal early June. We probably need to increase our goal.

message 16: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments The way I had set it up was to see how many times we could make that 2,019 goal, since we didn't make last year's goal. I thought the smaller goal would be less daunting for folks.

message 17: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments We are doing great!