2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE - Mod Stuff > Secret Santa 2018 - Post here when you receive your book!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 276 (276 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Kara (last edited Dec 08, 2018 11:13AM) (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments We're all excited to see what you got! Please post here so your Santa will know your book has arrived safely.

Messages are just starting to go out--please be patient as there is a max number of messages I can send a day, so the messages will go out over the next few days. There are more participants than ever, so I unfortunately won't be able to get all messages out for a full week. I am going through the physical books first then will get to the ebooks. I appreciate your understanding!

Some of your books are coming from very long distances (and some countries are experiencing significant post delays), so don't worry if you don't receive anything quickly.

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments We have 292 participants from 36 countries! This is by far our largest group.

The top three countries are the US (191 participants), the UK (18 participants) and India (14 participants).

75 folks wanted ebooks, and 217 wanted physical books.

37 brave souls declined to give their Secret Santa any direction at all and decided to be surprised. :)

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments I received my books! I got Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber and I am Malala.

Thank you!

message 4: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments Hooray! The first one to receive a gift! :)

message 5: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments TO ALL PARTICIPANTS: I am still sending out messages. Because the participant rate was 3x higher than usual, it is taking way longer than expected to scrub the data, do the matches, and send out messages. Unfortunately, Goodreads limits the number of messages a user can send at a time. I really appreciate your patience! I will be finished within a week.

message 6: by Erika (new)

Erika Cervantes | 4 comments I received “born survivors” from Rachel Coleman !! Thank you I really appreciate it : perfect read while I pump

message 7: by Ashwin (new)

Ashwin V (ashwinv) | 7 comments I received " The Fault in our Stars" by John Green. Thanks a lot ...V.Ashwin

message 8: by Erika (new)

Erika | 83 comments I recieved Me Talk Pretty One Day! So excited to finally read this one and the cover is one I've never seen.

message 9: by Preethi (new)

Preethi Bhat (bhatpree) | 6 comments I received 'The Hate U Give' by Angie Thomas, Thank you so much!!

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (last edited Dec 13, 2018 05:37PM) (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Thank you Secret Santa for The Death of Mrs. Westaway I can't wait to start it

message 11: by Nethra (new)

Nethra Ram (nethraram) | 371 comments Preethi wrote: "I received 'The Hate U Give' by Angie Thomas, Thank you so much!!"

Glad to know you like it, Preethi. :) Happy reading!

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melimnon) | 2 comments Yay I received The Little Women Letters today!!! Thank you Kimberly M!!! I can't wait to read this

Shout out to Kara for organizing this! Thank you!

message 13: by Candiss (new)

Candiss (tantara) | 996 comments Thank you so much to my Secret Santa for Beyond Redemption, which came in the mail today! I have been wanting to read this one for quite a while now. :)

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Candiss wrote: "Thank you so much to my Secret Santa for Beyond Redemption, which came in the mail today! I have been wanting to read this one for quite a while now. :)"

My pleasure I really do hope you enjoy it =)

message 15: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (hydropyro777) | 6 comments Thank you so much for Unwind from Julia. I love it , the book is wonderful.

message 16: by Ketty (new)

Ketty (bowsandbooks) | 270 comments I received Game of Thrones from my Secret Santa today. Thank you very much! I can't wait to read it.

message 17: by Julia (new)

Julia | 10 comments Got The Library of Mount Char. Never heard of this book before but it sounds really good! Plan to start it tonight. Thanks so much!

message 18: by Beth (last edited Dec 16, 2018 10:33AM) (new)

Beth Halasz | 5 comments YAY!!!! Harlan Coben "Caught"
Thank you Santa!

message 19: by Candiss (new)

Candiss (tantara) | 996 comments Julia wrote: "Got The Library of Mount Char. Never heard of this book before but it sounds really good! Plan to start it tonight. Thanks so much!"

I hope you enjoy it, Julia!

message 20: by Ronja (new)

Ronja (roszanen) | 24 comments Got The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly. Thank you so much! ❤️

message 21: by Sahar (new)

Sahar Abboud | 2 comments Thank you :) I got my gift today!

message 22: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_isabella) | 2 comments I received: between sisters - Kristin Hannah today, thank you!

message 23: by Marloes (new)

Marloes (subtlebookish) I received my Secret Santa gift today and I couldn't be more thrilled! I received A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab! Thanks Amy! You're the best!

message 24: by Shreya (new)

Shreya | 28 comments I've recieved Mrs. Dalloway, and the Mayor of Castorbridge. These thoughtful additions to my library really did make my day! :) Looking forward to reading them. Thanks, Lata!

message 25: by Nelly (new)

Nelly T.  | 2 comments Thank you Antonella! Received A Gentleman in Moscow and it's looks like great read...

message 26: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Mimms | 20 comments Nelly wrote: "Thank you Antonella! Received A Gentleman in Moscow and it's looks like great read..."

I loved that book. Good choice.

message 27: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Mimms | 20 comments I tripped over my book on the mat today. Thanks Santa. I got A Closed and Common Orbit. I’ve read the first and really want to read all three. Thanks so much.

Xx

message 28: by Kadijah Michelle (new)

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments Thank you Tiffany for my book! I received The Night Circus today which is a book I've been wanting to read for a long time.

message 29: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments I love how many books being received are among my favorites! :) There are some really great books getting sent and received.

message 30: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Thank you Faye!!! I received The Alice Network today. I’m excited to read it.

message 31: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericareadslibros) I got mine today! It’s so beautifully wrapped and I don’t want to open it ‘till Christmas. ❤️❤️❤️

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura Danielle (readingisstorytelling) | 31 comments I recieved Cinder from Maya Potter. Thank you so much

message 33: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin (kait-k) | 513 comments I got The Reluctant Fundamentalist today. It is perfect - just the kind of thing I like! Thanks chelsea!

message 34: by B (new)

B | 5 comments A million thanks to my Secret Santa who sent Slade House by David Mitchell! I'm not familiar with this author, so this is a great way to start one of my NY's resolutions - to expand my horizons, and read new and different authors. I hope all the Good Readers out there have a wonderful holiday season!

message 35: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee0821) | 3 comments I got Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky. I’ve wanted to read it for a while so I’m super excited! Thanks to my Secret Santa for getting it for me. :)

message 36: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 344 comments I received my book today! Me and Earl and the Dying Girl Thank you Secret Santa!

message 37: by Theora (last edited Dec 18, 2018 05:27AM) (new)

Theora | 2 comments I received The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (and two sequels ! ) But I couldn't download it (it says it's not available in my country). Still, I want to thank my Secret Santa for the effort. It was a wonderful surprise and I appreciate the thought :D

update: I got gift card from amazon in exchange for the books and I got those books again. Happy holidays everyone!

message 38: by Catka (last edited Dec 18, 2018 03:56AM) (new)

Catka | 269 comments I also received my gift certificate from Amazon, for Kiss Quotient, but cannot claim it even though I regularly buy books from Amazon.com. It seems that it is not working in our small countries. They offered the coupon, so hopefully that will work.
Thank you Santa and Daniel C for the kind thought!

update: managed to redeem the credit, so the book is in my kindle. Christmas came. yay!

message 39: by Adeena (last edited Dec 18, 2018 05:25AM) (new)

Adeena H. (ahrrs) | 12 comments I received my books!
I got Boyfriend from Hell by Ehrich Van Lowe, Sacked by Jen Frederick, and Lick by Kyle Scott.
Big thanks to Jessica Graves for sending me those books!

message 40: by Emily (new)

Emily W (RealReaderEmily)  | 6 comments I received mine yesterday and I got The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden! Thank you secret santa!

message 41: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 3 comments Excited to read Kate Morton's The Lake House, an author I discovered this year ......thank you so much, Secret Santa!

message 42: by Debra (last edited Dec 18, 2018 07:20AM) (new)

Debra Barstad | 362 comments I received my book today Mistborn: The Final Empirethank you secret santa

message 43: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Twiggs (twiggssl) | 90 comments Gretchen wrote: "Excited to read Kate Morton's The Lake House, an author I discovered this year ......thank you so much, Secret Santa!"

Yay! I really hope you enjoy it :-)

Have a great holiday!

message 44: by Mary (new)

Mary Stergioti | 5 comments I received 3 ebooks from Nadira Harahap.
"The Tattooist of Auschwitz", "Warlight" and "The Atomic City Girls". Thanks a lot Dee!!!

message 45: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 3 comments Debra wrote: "I received my book today Mistborn: The Final Empirethank you secret santa"

Hope you love it (and get hooked).

message 46: by Marcus (new)

Marcus Vinicius | 101 comments I just received 2 ebooks from my Secret Santa.
Albert Camus, "The Stranger" and Milan Kundera, "The Unberable Lightness of Being".
Love it!
Thank you so much!

message 47: by Robin (new)

Robin | 17 comments I received Bossypants by Tina Fey. Thanks secret santa!

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenbrace) | 12 comments I have received my secret Santa gift, yay! After quickly realising what it must be, I covered it up and put it under my tree. I shall keep you posted when I open it :)

message 49: by Keri (new)

Keri Sparks | 293 comments I received my book Awakening from my Secret Santa! Thank you very much!!!

message 50: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (spaultpaul) Thank you Secret Santa for my new book The Girl from Venice!

I am going to TRY to hold myself back and take this with me for our sailing adventure in January! It is just the perfect book for it!

Thank you again. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.