What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Beyond the Deepwoods  (The Edge Chronicles: The Twig Saga #1)
This topic is about Beyond the Deepwoods
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's Fantasy with Airships and pirates? [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (kattlovestea) | 10 comments I can't remember any of the plot at all. I think there are new characters in each book, at least one follows the son of the character from the previous book. I know it had a main character who had a single syllable name and he was a boy. He goes on some kind of journey. It is in a magical world that is not ours and there are strange creatures (possibly aliens?) there were flying ships and maybe floating islands. Possibly the main characters are involved with pirates, but they do not sail on the sea, but in the air. The book covers were green and/or brown and I read them in the early 2000s.
I am sorry this is so vague, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of any of these books.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 06, 2018 09:24PM) (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
A guess - Airborn by Kenneth Oppel? There are different cover images. Matt Cruse series - https://www.goodreads.com/series/4527...

Can you tell us more about the boy - his age, skills/interests, personality, constant companion(s), etc.?

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat (kattlovestea) | 10 comments I remember he was on the cover, he was super skinny. His name might have been Flick or something similar. I think in one of the later books he was going to rescue his father who had disappeared when he was a child. The books before that where about his father as a boy. I think there where a lot of made up names for people and places that played into the titles somehow.

message 4: by Abdul (new)

Abdul Mahomed | 6 comments Possibly The Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell. Set in a magical world with strange creatures(not aliens though) and sky pirates.

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat (kattlovestea) | 10 comments YES!! His name was Twig, thank you!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Glad you found your series, Kat. Here's the link to Abdul's find - the first book is Beyond the Deepwoods (The Edge Chronicles: The Twig Saga) by Paul Stewart.

message 7: by Abdul (new)

Abdul Mahomed | 6 comments Glad I could help