2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE - Mod Stuff > December Monthly Message - 2019 is on the Way

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kadijah Michelle (last edited Dec 02, 2018 06:36PM) (new)

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments Dear Members of the 2018-2019 Reading Challenge

******Special Message for Buddy Readers******
Even if you have already signed up for Buddy Reads for 2019, you will have to resign up HERE. The master list has unfortunately been lost. Technology...can't live with it, can't live without it!

I know for the rest it's the end of 2018, but for us in the 2018-2019 Reading Group, December is pre-2019 because we so much to get ready for our next great year of reading!!

So before I give you our regularly scheduled monthly message, I'm going to start with all the new and wonderful things we have going for 2019:

-----1. Secret Santa is already in full swing. You only have a few days left to sign up here. Kara will stop taking requests on December 5, 2018.

-----2. 2019 Prep is well underway! We have planned new yearly challenges for you to join. You can also set up your Personal Challenge and your Member Corner. For any other information about 2019, please see our Announcements Folder!

-----3. We have 2 New Features for 2019!
------The first is we will be posting monthly and quarterly challenges a month early so that you will have more time to plan out your reading for each. They will be locked for comments until about a week before the challenge begins, but it will be nice to get a good look at them.
------The second is our Blogs/Vlogs, Events & Challenges folders. Please be sure to read all the rules before posting in the folder.

***Now on to our regularly schedule message!***

Group Reads: The theme for this December is Joy! and our group read for this month is a story that shares that feeling, Charles Dickens's timeless classic, often replicated, A Christmas Carol. I love this story! and I don't even celebrate Christmas, so I'm hoping all of you join me as I lead the discussion.
2019 Group Reads: Oh Wow! We are moving into January, so we will be starting with a new set of themes and group reads!!! How exciting. You can vote on January's Group Read: the theme is "The Year Ahead," and nominate a book for February; the theme is "Blue."

Challenges: It's Where Our Group Got Its Name!
-The 2018 Yearly Challenges are wrapping up. So it's time to pick those final books and finish them up. While your at it, don't forget to sign up for our 2019 Yearly Challenges.
--Even though 2018 is winding down, there is still plenty of time to work on our Fourth Quarter challenges. The theme is Award Winners, and we have two fun challenges. The first is Make Your Own Awards led by Lindsay where you hand out the awards. The second is And the Winner Is... led by Dlyn which will hand out Oscars to books.
---For December, we have our annual Advent Calendar Challenge led by Karina. We also have a challenge dedicated to the different seasons that the equator creates, Hot & Cold lead by Mindy. Finally, we have a third challenge that is sure to bring you Joy, our My Favorite Things led oshizu.

TBR TWINS ARE COMING SOON!

Buddy Reads: We have 11 Buddy Reads for December, and we would love it if you joined in on any one of them. We are reading A Kind of Freedom, Game of Thrones (A Song of Fire and Ice #1), In the Afterlife (The Darkest Mind #3), Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7), Memoirs of a Polar Bear, The Big Bad Wolf (Alex Cross #9), The Girl in the Ice (Detective Erica Foster #1), The Princess Bride, Turtles All the Way Down, Valley of Fear (Sherlock Homes #7), and Voyager (Outlander #3).
For 2019, we have set up a new Buddy Read Thread. If you would like to sign up for a Buddy Read, please do so here.

To all our Members New and Old: As the group enters into its 7th year, we couldn't be more thrilled to have you all with us. 2019 looks to be an exciting year for all of us, and we want to help you understand all the new things as much as possible. If you have any questions, ask the Mods here. Also, we want to get to know you, so please stop in to introduce yourself and say hello!

Also, I'm curious to know who actually reads this message, and this is a big one! If you are a reader, reply to this message with your favorite color. Thanks!

Happy reading, everyone!

Kara, Kadijah Michelle, Winter, Mary Pat, Ilona, Kristin, Rachael, and Blagica

message 2: by Mie (new)

Mie | 1944 comments Haha... Green 😉

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Red❤️

message 4: by Molly (new)

Molly (prestidigitation) | 21 comments Sky blue 😊

message 5: by oshizu, Challenges (new)

oshizu | 5402 comments oh, darn! I just replied to the Message instead!
But... lavender.

message 6: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) oshizu wrote: "oh, darn! I just replied to the Message instead!
But... lavender."

Lol, me too. Replied to both just as you did :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

blue

message 8: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 3074 comments Purple

message 9: by Candiss (new)

Candiss (tantara) | 996 comments I like all the colors in the greenish-blue/bluish-green span best - like teal, peacock, turquoise, etc. I suppose it's easiest to say "green." :D

message 10: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) SarahKat wrote: "Purple"

Oh yes, love that one too lol

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Purple

message 12: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) Blue

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) | 1015 comments Red!... I mean blue! AAAAAAHHHH!

message 14: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 695 comments blue

message 15: by Kadijah Michelle (new)

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments I love you all for reading the message and replying!

message 16: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 343 comments It's a tie between blue and purple :)

message 17: by Joni (new)

Joni  | 27 comments Blue 💙💙

message 18: by Sháy (new)

Sháy The Obscure Bookworm (obscurebookworm) | 62 comments Bronze!

message 19: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthag503) | 242 comments Green.

message 20: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Mck. (diannemck) | 57 comments Green

message 21: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 9 comments blue

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Purple

message 23: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1 comments purple

message 24: by Mini (new)

Mini (mini_sagas) | 28 comments Orange.
Or maybe green.
Or possibly blue.
Purple?
Argh!
Wait.
I've got it ...
Rainbow!

message 25: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 42 comments Purplegreenblue. I can never decide 😁

message 26: by Larissa (new)

Larissa (larissaslibrary) | 27 comments Pink! Thank you for putting this together! You are a rock star 😊 could you tell me where to access the list for the 2019 Buddy Read. I already got lost in all the messages and forgot which months each book is in hehehe thank you!

message 27: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 4093 comments Larissa wrote: "Pink! Thank you for putting this together! You are a rock star 😊 could you tell me where to access the list for the 2019 Buddy Read. I already got lost in all the messages and forgot which months e..."

Larissa, you can find this list here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 28: by Zoë (new)

Zoë Neo | 214 comments Black

message 29: by Sandy (new)

Sandy green

message 30: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 159 comments Black

message 31: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 588 comments Lime green!

message 32: by Bmarieb27 (new)

Bmarieb27 | 41 comments Any shade of blue

message 33: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 123 comments blue!

message 34: by Talea (new)

Talea | 9 comments pink

message 35: by Kadijah Michelle (new)

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments So many pretty colors! Thank you all for reading the message!

message 36: by Samantha (new)

Samantha J | 22 comments Purple is my absolute favorite. But really all colors that are bright and cheery!

message 37: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 47 comments red, blue, green, orange

message 38: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3273 comments Blue

message 39: by Terry (new)

Terry Southard (mama_t) Pink!

message 40: by Kadijah Michelle (new)

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments Wow, so many of you have responded either here or by messaging me about your favorite colors. I'm so glad to see you all read the message!

message 41: by Charity (new)

Charity (faeryrebel78) | 1465 comments Purple

message 42: by Territadlock06 (new)

Territadlock06 | 14 comments Blue

message 43: by Liubov (new)

Liubov | 5 comments Blue

message 44: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 161 comments purple

message 45: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (nicehotcupoftea) | 153 comments blue

message 46: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 642 comments I am a blue girl! Thank you for all the hard work and time you and others put into this group. It is fun for me as a reader to follow along with other like-minded bookworms!! Looking forward to 2019😀

message 47: by Keri (new)

Keri Sparks | 293 comments Green, dark, beautiful, nature green :)

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Blue—almost every shade. Thanks for all the work you put into the group!

message 49: by Maria (new)

Maria (marialuc) | 33 comments Blue is my favorite color.

message 50: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Dark purple :)

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Christmas Carol (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Charles Dickens (other topics)