Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

NetGalley Challenge > NetGalley December 2018

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30807 comments Mod
NetGalley

Feed Your Readers, the NetGalley Challenge

Duration: Monthly

How to Participate:

The NetGalley Challenge is designed to not only get you to read your NetGalley books, but to also advertise your reviews for others to see because after all, that's what NetGalley is all about.

Though you may pop in/out at any time, the NetGalley Challenge will run on a monthly basis so you are able to see progress being made.

1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf
b: What books are on your NG shelf
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Then start a new post for the next month!

But Wait, There's More

Do you ever get so caught up in your reading that you don't want to stop to write your reviews?

Thinking about that, it was decided we need a "Review Weekend", once each month, set aside to write those reviews you've been not doing in favor of reading!

Review Weekends will vary randomly each month and is meant to be a time set aside to review. Take one, or both days and get caught up on reviews so you can spend the rest of the month reading!!

The next Review Weekend is set for December 15/16

**When linking your reviews, please link only to the book(s) here at GoodReads. At this time, linking to a personal blog is not allowed. Thank you!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 3: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Dec 21, 2018 01:12PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14221 comments Mod

Start of Month:

Books on Shelf : 7

Books:
The Hawkman A Fairy Tale of the Great War by Jane Rosenberg LaForge Magical Mystery Paws (The No. 2 Feline Detective Agency) by Mandy Morton Accelerated Leadership Development How to Turn Your Top Talent Into Leaders by Ines Wichert
The Way of All Flesh by Ambrose Parry How to Create a Coaching Culture A Practical Introduction by Gillian Jones Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3) by Darynda Jones Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones

Feedback ratio: 93%

FINISHED
How to Create a Coaching Culture A Practical Introduction by Gillian Jones review

ADDED
The Truths and Triumphs of Grace Atherton by Anstey Harris

End of Month:
Books on shelf:
Feedback Ratio:%

message 4: by Avid Reader and Geek Girl (last edited Jan 01, 2019 08:52AM) (new)

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 241 comments December 2018 NetGalley Challenge

Start of the Month:

Number of Books on Shelf: 5- Less than 3 Months
Book Titles: The Last Wish of Sasha Cade by Cheyanne Young Me and Me by Alice Kuipers Hot Pursuit by Rebecca Freeborn An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks Pulp by Robin Talley
Feedback Ratio: 42%

During Month
Books Read: Pulp by Robin Talley An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks
Book Review Links: Pulp An Anonymous Girl

New Books Added: 0

End of Month
Number of Books on Shelf: 25- 3 Months or Older
Book Titles: The Last Wish of Sasha Cade by Cheyanne Young Me and Me by Alice Kuipers Hot Pursuit by Rebecca Freeborn Fall 2016 Debut Fiction Sampler by Various Buzz Books 2018 Romance Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Jane Feather, Denise Hunter, Shelly Laurenston, Judith McNaught, Karen Rose and More by Publishers Lunch Buzz Books 2018 Young Adult Fall/Winter Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Rebecca Hanover, Julie Kagawa, Kody Keplinger, Natasha Ngan, Courtney Summers and More by Publishers Lunch Buzz Books 2018 Fall/Winter Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Stephen Carter, Jude Devereaux, Leif Enger, Barbara Kingsolver, Sarah Perry and 35 More by Publishers Lunch Buzz Books 2017 Romance Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Romance Titles by Tessa Dare, Alexandra Ivy, Eloisa James, Gena Showalter, Joanna Shupe, Meredith Wild and Many More by Publishers Lunch Buzz Books 2017 Young Adult Fall/Winter Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Kwame Alexander, Jen Lancaster, Marie Lu, Marieke Nijkamp and More by Publishers Lunch Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney Good in Bed (Cannie Shapiro, #1) by Jennifer Weiner The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti Buzz Books 2016 Romance Exclusive Excerpts from Top New Romance Titles by Publishers Lunch Alice in Wonderland - Special Collector's Manga by Jun Abe There Will Be Stars by Billy Coffey Spill Simmer Falter Wither by Sara Baume The Best Place on Earth by Ayelet Tsabari Innocents and Others by Dana Spiotta The Progeny (Descendants of the House of Bathory #1) by Tosca Lee All the Single Ladies Unmarried Women and the Rise of an Independent Nation by Rebecca Traister Cutter Boy by Cristy Watson July/August 2018 Buzz Books Monthly; June 2018 Buzz Books Monthly; January 2018 Buzz Books Monthly
Feedback Ratio: 46%

message 5: by Vicki Willis (last edited Dec 27, 2018 03:18PM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 351 comments December Netgalley

BEGINNING OF MONTH

Number of books on shelf: 6
Forget You Know Me by Jessica Strawser Tell Me A Secret by Samantha Hayes A Steep Price (Tracy Crosswhite, #6) by Robert Dugoni If He Wakes by Zoe Lea Mister Tender's Girl by Carter Wilson Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka (author)
Feedback ratio: 79%

Books Read:
Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka Forget You Know Me by Jessica Strawser

New Books Added:
The Perfect Alibi by Phillip Margolin Hide and Seek (Criminal Profiler #1) by Mary Burton

END OF MONTH

Number of Books on Shelf:
Feedback Ratio:

message 6: by Melanie (last edited Dec 30, 2018 04:47PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 696 comments I'm in again. Hoping to get caught up by the end of the year on the 8 already published books I still have plus the 3 December ones.

Start of month:
Books on shelf: 20
Feedback Ratio: 90%

Books (ordered by pub date):
The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore The Birthday Girl by Sue Fortin Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand Cowboy SEAL Redemption (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #2) by Nicole Helm Relentless (Somerton Security, #2) by Elizabeth Dyer Tempting the Laird (Highland Grooms, #5) by Julia London An Affair with a Spare (The Survivors, #3) by Shana Galen A Tall, Dark Cowboy Christmas (Gold Valley, #4) by Maisey Yates What a Widow Wants (The Widows' Club, #3) by Jenna Jaxon Patience for Christmas by Grace Burrowes
The Duke I Once Knew (Unlikely Duchesses, #1) by Olivia Drake Cowboy Wolf Trouble (Seven Range Shifters, #1) by Kait Ballenger An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks A Merciful Fate (Mercy Kilpatrick, #5) by Kendra Elliot The Conspiracy (Maximum Security #1) by Kat Martin Dead as a Door Knocker (House-Flipper Mystery #1) by Diane Kelly A Beautiful Corpse (Harper McClain, #2) by Christi Daugherty Save Me from Dangerous Men (Nikki Griffin, #1) by S.A. Lelchuk Secrets Never Die (Morgan Dane #5) by Melinda Leigh The Night Before by Wendy Walker

Added:
The Wayward Bride (Besotted Scots, #1) by Anna Bradley Duchess by Deception (Gilded, #1) by Marie Force Escaping His Grace (Gentlemen of Temptation, #2) by Kristin Vayden Hide and Seek (Criminal Profiler #1) by Mary Burton Highland Crown (Royal Highlander, #1) by May McGoldrick One Tough Cowboy (Moving Violations #1) by Lora Leigh My Favorite Cowboy (Heart of Texas #3) by Donna Grant The Escape Room by Megan Goldin

Finished:
Patience for Christmas by Grace Burrowes

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 27
Feedback Ratio: 87%

message 7: by Kylie (last edited Dec 31, 2018 05:21AM) (new)

Kylie D | 51 comments I'm in again!

December
Start Of Month
Books on Shelf: 9
Feedback Ratio: 82%

Books:
The Rumour by Lesley Kara The Truths and Triumphs of Grace Atherton by Anstey Harris My Name is Anna by Lizzy Barber The Last Days of the Romanov Dancers by Kerri Turner Village of the Lost Girls by Agustín Martínez Into the Fire by Sonia Orchard A Woman of War by Mandy Robotham The Woman in the Green Dress by Tea Cooper The Only Woman in the Room by Marie Benedict

Added:
The Cafe by the Bridge (Chalk Hill #2) by Lily Malone The Parisians by Marius Gabriel Crooked Street (Frost Easton #3) by Brian Freeman The Lost Night by Andrea Bartz

Read:
A Woman of War by Mandy Robotham The Cafe by the Bridge (Chalk Hill #2) by Lily Malone The Woman in the Green Dress by Tea Cooper The Rumour by Lesley Kara The Truths and Triumphs of Grace Atherton by Anstey Harris

End Of Month
Books on Shelf: 8
Feedback Ratio: 85%

message 8: by Kelly (last edited Dec 19, 2018 06:51AM) (new)

Kelly | 54 comments November was good (Added 2, Read 7) I'm kinda hoping I'll read 15 in December and have a fresh start for 2019... We'll see! :D

Start of Month
Feedback ratio: 63%
Books on Shelf: 15

Empire of Sand (The Books of Ambha, #1) by Tasha SuriWhat You Hide by Natalie D. RichardsOnce Upon a River by Diane SetterfieldNightchaser (Endeavor, #1) by Amanda BouchetThe Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1) by Roshani ChokshiThe Bird King by G. Willow WilsonPulp by Robin TalleyEven If I Fall by Abigail JohnsonThe Waking Forest by Alyssa WeesNeron Rising (Neron Rising Saga, #1) by Keary TaylorNeron Skies (Neron Rising Saga, #2) by Keary Taylor

Added:
The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine ArdenWhite Stag (Permafrost, #1) by Kara Barbieri

Finished:
The Iron Flower (The Black Witch Chronicles, #2) by Laurie ForestThe Queen's Wing (The Queen's Wing, #1) by Jessica ThorneAny Second by Kevin EmersonThe Red Ribbon by Lucy Adlington

message 9: by Alison (last edited Dec 09, 2018 09:23AM) (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2476 comments I'm in. Hopefully I'll write up some reviews this month.

Beginning of Month

Feedback Ratio 74%
Books on Shelf: 73

Planning to Read
A Dark So Deadly by Stuart MacBride Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah The Idea of You by Amanda Prowse The Break by Marian Keyes The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough Elefant by Martin Suter You Were Made for This by Michelle Sacks Grist Mill Road by Christopher J. Yates Mirage (Mirage, #1) by Somaiya Daud Macbeth (Hogarth Shakespeare) by Jo Nesbø Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1) by Amanda Foody The Dead Fathers Club by Matt Haig Your Closest Friend by Karen Perry The Light Between Us by Katie Khan The Ice Maiden by Sara Sheridan It Ends With You by S. K. Wright A House of Ghosts by W.C. Ryan A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult Light Years by Kass Morgan I Invited Her In by Adele Parks Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean Skyward (Skyward, #1) by Brandon Sanderson The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan This Lie Will Kill You by Chelsea Pitcher Shadow of The Fox (Shadow of the Fox, #1) by Julie Kagawa Have You Eaten Grandma? by Gyles Brandreth Shadow of The Fox (Shadow of the Fox, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Beauty of the Wolf by Wray Delaney Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid The Witch Elm by Tana French The Devil Aspect by Craig Russell The Enchanted Sonata by Heather Dixon Wallwork

Read & still to Review
The Belles (The Belles #1) by Dhonielle Clayton The Craftsman by Sharon J. Bolton Snap by Belinda Bauer Chaser (Dive Bar, #3) by Kylie Scott Grey Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #2) by Mark Lawrence The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang The Way of All Flesh by Ambrose Parry A Curse So Dark and Lonely (A Curse So Dark and Lonely #1) by Brigid Kemmerer Jack of Hearts (and Other Parts) by Lev A.C. Rosen The Other Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys, #3) by Julia Quinn Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3) by Darynda Jones

Reviews Posted
Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) by Darynda Jones The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones The Lost Man by Jane Harper

Books Added:

Current
Feedback Ratio 75%
Books on Shelf 69

message 10: by Heli (last edited Jan 02, 2019 02:57PM) (new)

Heli | 351 comments Beginning of the month
Books on shelf: 2
Feedback ratio: 70%
books:

Daisies and Devotion by Josi S. Kilpack Unto Us a Son Is Given (Commissario Brunetti, #28) by Donna Leon

Added:
Vessel by Lisa A. Nichols The Good Teacher by Rachel Sargeant The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas

Finished:
The Good Teacher by Rachel Sargeant my review

End of month
Books on shelf:
Daisies and Devotion by Josi S. Kilpack Unto Us a Son Is Given (Commissario Brunetti, #28) by Donna Leon Vessel by Lisa A. Nichols The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas
Feedback ratio: 62%

message 11: by Aymee (last edited Dec 09, 2018 09:30AM) (new)

Aymee (asphaltcowgrrl) | 59 comments Count me in. I'm pretty caught up and nothing releases until January but... you know how this Netgalley thing goes.

Beginning of the month

Feedback ratio: 90%
Books on shelf: 3

Little Darlings by Melanie Golding Luck of the Draw (Sterling's Montana) by B.J. Daniels

Added:

I Invited Her In by Adele Parks Stroke of Luck by B.J. Daniels Hot Texas Sunrise (Coldwater Texas, #2) by Delores Fossen

Finished:

An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks Lawman with a Cause by Delores Fossen

message 12: by Yzabel (last edited Dec 30, 2018 12:22PM) (new)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 159 comments Beginning of the month

Books on shelves: 16

The Mouth of the Dark (Fiction Without Frontiers) by Tim Waggoner The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas The Flower Girls by Alice Clark-Platts

Older than 3 months:

Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman Carnivore by Jonathan Lyon Child of Nod (The Balance Series Book 1) by C.W. Snyder Fawkes by Nadine Brandes The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton Munmun by Jesse Andrews Lakes of Mars by Merritt Graves Seventh Born (The Witchling Academy, #1) by Monica Sanz Rust & Stardust by T. Greenwood The Quantum Labyrinth How Richard Feynman and John Wheeler Revolutionized Time and Reality (The Theoretical Minimum) by Paul Halpern When the Uncertainty Principle Goes to 11 Or How to Explain Quantum Physics with Heavy Metal by Philip Moriarty The Quantum Magician (The Quantum Evolution Book 1) by Derek Künsken The Monsters We Deserve by Marcus Sedgwick

Feedback Ratio: 96%

End of the Month

Books I read in December: 3

Reviews:

DNF: 0

Added: 3

Shelf count: 16
Feedback ratio: 96%

message 13: by Jammin Jenny (last edited Dec 30, 2018 06:59PM) (new)

message 14: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Just got approved for
The Truths and Triumphs of Grace Atherton by Anstey Harris
and I don't remember requesting it.
Oops.
I wish the publishers had a timeline that they have to respond by

message 15: by Michelle (last edited Jan 02, 2019 10:34AM) (new)

Michelle (vorvesm) | 46 comments Start of Month:
December Books on Shelf : 15
Feedback ratio to start: 82%

Books:
Current titles:
Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus
Older than 3 months:
Smothered by Autumn Chiklis Trophy Son by Douglas Brunt Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3) by Kevin Kwan Perfect (Flawed, #2) by Cecelia Ahern The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Absalom's Daughters by Suzanne Feldman Watching Edie by Camilla Way When I Am Through with You by Stephanie Kuehn Promise Not to Tell (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang S.T.A.G.S. by M.A. Bennett People Like Us by Dana Mele

ADDED IN DECEMBER

FINISHED

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 15
Feedback Ratio: 82%

message 16: by Kirby (last edited Dec 05, 2018 06:04PM) (new)

Kirby (kirbym) | 232 comments Late to the party but hopefully vacation time means productivity!

Feedback Ratio: 26%
Books on Shelf: 39
Goal: 4 books, 2 graphic novels

List:
The Library Book by Susan Orlean Not For Public Consumption by Frank P. Lipton Resistance (Divided Elements, #1) by Mikhaeyla Kopievsky Ohpikiihaakan-ohpihmeh (Raised somewhere else) A 60s Scoop Adoptee’s Story of Coming Home by Colleen Cardinal Les Apprentissages de Colette by Annie Goetzinger The Aladdin Trial A Burton and Lamb Thriller by Abi Silver The King of Con How a Smooth-Talking Jersey Boy Made and Lost Billions, Baffled the FBI, Eluded the Mob, and Lived to Tell the Crooked Tale by Thomas Giacomaro How to Fracture a Fairy Tale by Jane Yolen Gene Machine The Race to Decipher the Secrets of the Ribosome by Venki Ramakrishnan Virtue Signaling and Other Heresies by John Scalzi White Stag (Permafrost, #1) by Kara Barbieri Sacred Cesium Ground and Isa's Deluge Two Novellas of Japan's 3/11 Disaster by Yusuke Kimura Here and Now and Then by Mike Chen The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas The Bird King by G. Willow Wilson Miracle Creek by Angie Kim Holy Lands by Amanda Sthers Aerialists by Mark Mayer Women Talking by Miriam Toews The Rule of One (The Rule of One, #1) by Ashley Saunders Psychotopia by R.N. Morris If, Then by Kate Hope Day Hark by Sam Lipsyte The Paper Wasp by Lauren Acampora The Nine Cloud Dream by Kim Man-Jung Tears of the Trufflepig by Fernando A. Flores In Our Mad and Furious City by Guy Gunaratne The Outcast Hours by Mahvesh Murad City of Ash and Red by Hye-Young Pyun Trust Exercise by Susan Choi The Behavior of Love A Novel by Virginia Reeves Sour Fruit (The INC Trilogy Book 1) by Eli Allison The Farm by Joanne Ramos The Campout Cookbook Inspired Recipes for Cooking Around the Fire and Under the Stars by Marnie Hanel The Big Book of Paleo Pressure Cooking 150 Fast-to-Fix, Super-Delicious Recipes for All Brands of Electric Pressure Cookers, Including the Instant Pot by Natalie Perry

Added in December:
Vessel by Lisa A. Nichols The Hierophant's Daughter (The Disgraced Martyr Trilogy, #1) by M.F. Sullivan Boom The Megadealers Behind the Irresistible Rise of the Contemporary Art Market by Michael Shnayerson Pickle's Progress by Marcia Butler

Didn't Review:

Not For Public Consumption by Frank P. Lipton Les Apprentissages de Colette by Annie Goetzinger The King of Con How a Smooth-Talking Jersey Boy Made and Lost Billions, Baffled the FBI, Eluded the Mob, and Lived to Tell the Crooked Tale by Thomas Giacomaro

Reviewed:

The Campout Cookbook Inspired Recipes for Cooking Around the Fire and Under the Stars by Marnie Hanel
5 Stars

The Big Book of Paleo Pressure Cooking 150 Fast-to-Fix, Super-Delicious Recipes for All Brands of Electric Pressure Cookers, Including the Instant Pot by Natalie Perry
3 Stars

message 17: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2476 comments Having a productive weekend with four reviews submitted. Still have a ridiculous number of books on my shelf but I'm hoping I'll at least get all of my outstanding reviews posted by the end of the year. Would be good to go into 2019 with no reads still to review (and a feedback ratio of 80%)

message 18: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

well done Alison!

message 19: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2476 comments Thanks. Unfortunately those were the easy ones. The other books still to review I read ages ago so don't remember much about. Why do I not take notes or review straight away?

message 20: by Aymee (new)

Aymee (asphaltcowgrrl) | 59 comments Alison wrote: "Thanks. Unfortunately those were the easy ones. The other books still to review I read ages ago so don't remember much about. Why do I not take notes or review straight away?"

Don't feel bad - I do the same thing to myself ALL THE TIME. I even have a folder on my computer labeled 'review notes' which never gets used. *headdesk*

message 21: by Kristie (last edited Dec 09, 2018 08:00PM) (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments Totally missed the thread this month. I just finished Pretty Ugly Lies. I'll add a post below to update.

Pretty Ugly Lies by Pamela Crane

Pretty Ugly Lies review

This review brought me back up to 90% finally!

message 22: by Kristie (last edited Dec 28, 2018 08:24AM) (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments Beginning of Month:

Books on Shelf: 16
Older than 30 days:
Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips If The Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss The Space Between Words by Michèle Phoenix Us Against You (Beartown, #2) by Fredrik Backman Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6) by Robert Bryndza The Memory Box by Eva Lesko Natiello Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris Lies by T.M. Logan Pretty Ugly Lies by Pamela Crane The Five Wishes of Mr. Murray McBride by Joe Siple Sitting Murder (Lancashire Detective, #4) by A.J. Wright Who She Is by Diane Byington
Current:
After the Fire by Will Hill The Nowhere Child by Christian White The Mother-In-Law by Sally Hepworth I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella

Netgalley Ratio: 89%

End of Month:

Read: 4
Pretty Ugly Lies by Pamela Crane Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips If The Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss The Memory Box by Eva Lesko Natiello

Reviews: 4
Pretty Ugly Lies review
Fierce Kingdom review
If the Creek Don't Rise review
Memory Box review

Added: 0

Books on Shelf: 12
Ratio: 92%

message 23: by Li'l Owl (last edited Dec 10, 2018 12:23PM) (new)

Li'l Owl | 191 comments NetGalley
description

🎄 Beginning of December
Feedback Ratio 82%
Total # of Books on Shelf - 3

The Escape Room by Megan Goldin Once a Liar by A.F. Brady Miracle Creek by Angie Kim

Read /Review due at later date
An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks 4★'s (review no earlier than 30 days prior to publication date January 8, 2019)

Books Older Than Three Months

Books Read & Read and Reviewed

Books Added:

🎄 End of December Update:
Feedback Ratio — %
Books on Shelf —

message 24: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments Finished another, Fierce Kingdom. This was the one on my shelf the longest, so I'm glad to have finished it.

Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips Fierce Kingdom review

message 25: by Vicki Willis (last edited Dec 16, 2018 08:56PM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 351 comments I just finished the oldest book on my shelf too (thankfully! It is embarrassing to have one that old).
Girl in Snow Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka

It was good, not a thriller to me though.
Vicki's Review

That puts me at 80%!!

message 26: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharon_alexandr) | 355 comments December Netgalley

BEGINNING OF MONTH

Number of books on shelf: 4
I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella The Last List of Miss Judith Kratt by Andrea Bobotis California Girls by Susan Mallery The Liar's Wife by Samantha Hayes

Feedback ratio: 54%

Books Read:

New Books Added:
The Escape Room by Megan Goldin The Couple on Cedar Close An absolutely gripping psychological thriller by Anna-Lou Weatherley

END OF MONTH

Number of Books on Shelf:
Feedback Ratio:

message 27: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Yikes. My first one for the month. Is it really the 22nd already? :o

How to Create a Coaching Culture A Practical Introduction by Gillian Jones review

message 28: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments I just finished another old one off my shelf.

If The Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss

If the Creek Don't Rise review

I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as other people seem to. I thought it was 3-3.5 stars. I was glad to finally get it off my shelf though. It's been there forever.

Up to 91%

message 29: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments Vicki Willis wrote: "I just finished the oldest book on my shelf too (thankfully! It is embarrassing to have one that old). "

I'm the same way. I just finished the two oldest books off my shelf and they were both over a year old. How embarrassing! I still have one more that's been on there forever to remove, then I'm at least current to within a year. I'm trying not to request any more until I'm caught up to only books that are fairly new, but I do have my eye on one...

message 30: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 351 comments I finished another one (ahead of the publication this time!)
I do like this author, generally, but this one missed the mark for me. It was ok, but not great. I probably will forget about it in 2 days.
Forget You Know Me by Jessica Strawser

Vicki's Review

message 31: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments I'm on a roll this month! I've reviewed my fourth book and increased my feedback ratio by 3%. :) And I haven't added any...yet.

I've started one more and hopefully I'll finish before the end of the month, but even if I don't this has been a productive month and I'll finish it early next month so it will be a great way to start the new year.

The Memory Box by Eva Lesko Natiello

Memory Box review

message 32: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 351 comments Kristie wrote: "I'm on a roll this month! I've reviewed my fourth book and increased my feedback ratio by 3%. :) And I haven't added any...yet.

I've started one more and hopefully I'll finish before the end of t..."

I had recently read this one too, Kristie and totally agree. The premise was so promising!

message 33: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments It was, Vicki. I was disappointed by the prosecution.

message 34: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Well done Kristie!

message 35: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

January thread is now available here

message 36: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments Thanks, Karen! I'm hoping to start off January the way, so I can get caught up finally.