What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dreadful Sorry (Time Travel Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Dreadful Sorry
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Horror about a girl on the high school swim team who has multiple incidents of almost being drowned in supernatural ways. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan McWilliams | 2 comments I read this book sometime in the late 1990s. The main character was on the swim team and found herself being repeatedly attacked by a vengeful ghost who had died by drowning. There were a lot of references to a folk song. I remember one scene where she was taking a shower in the locker room showers and the stall suddenly filled with water and she couldn't open the door until other members of the swim team walked into the bathroom.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1528 comments Maybe The Pool? It's not set in a school but there is a ghost who drowned.

Miss.Always.Reading.Books (missilovereadingbooks) | 53 comments My guess is The Unquite by Jeannine Garsee
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
The Good Reads description doesn't add this but another description of the book adds-- At school, her classmates believe the school pool is haunted by Annaliese, a girl who drowned there. But when a reckless séance goes awry, and terrible things start happening to her and her new friends.

message 4: by Jordan (new)

Jordan McWilliams | 2 comments I finally remembered! It's Dreadful Sorry by Kathryn Reiss.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 37561 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Jordan. Here's the link - Dreadful Sorry by Kathryn Reiss.

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Reiss (kathrynreiss) | 3 comments Hello! I'm so pleased you've been remembering Dreadful Sorry (my book!). But Molly wasn't on the swim team... because she had a terrible phobia of water...

Thanks for reading my books! xoxo

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dreadful Sorry (other topics)
The Pool (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kathryn Reiss (other topics)