An Exaltation of Larks (Venery, #1) An Exaltation of Larks discussion

A place to vent, cry, laugh, shout and chat as we go along...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

JANe An unexpected and unplanned but oh so welcome BR with friends Moony and Xia

JANe Welcome, Xia :)

Moony Eliver After my red-eye flight I’m at 77%!! OMG so good and so hard to put down at this point. But I’m about to sleep for about 14 hours straight now so I’m sure I won’t be ahead for long... 😂

JANe 😱😱😱😱😱

JANe This is a 550 pages book! Do you have a reading chip or something instead ordinary 👁? Lol I am so behind now 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 Hope Xia can make me some company 🤗
Super happy you connected with the story!

message 6: by XiaXia (last edited Aug 18, 2018 10:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

XiaXia I'm here ladies!!
So sorry for being late ladies! Just got home! I'm 5% in. Taking a bath then snuggling in with the book.
I have to ask: is this a self published book???? Because OMG! that writing talent!

JANe Xia Xia wrote: "I'm here ladies!!
So sorry for being late ladies! Just got home! I'm 5% in. Taking a bath then snuggling in with the book.
I have to ask: is this a self published book???? Because OMG! that writi..."

Our time difference was messing a bit with our BR, besides we are both on holiday and sooooooo busy :(
She wasn't that ahead, Xia. But apparently a few hours in a plain was enough to get her devouring the book.
I know nothing about book deals, so don't count on me for this kind of info ;-)

Moony Eliver I made the mistake of waking up and picking it back up. I'm now at 83% and no chance of stopping until it's done. I'm toast. I can sleep when I'm dead.

Also, I totally appreciate the need for this discussion string, but how the fuck am I supposed to talk or vent or anything about what I'm going through right now??? It would be a major spoiler and I can't do that to Xia and I don't even know how I'll ever be able to review this book. 🤯

JANe what time is it for you now?

Moony Eliver 3:00pm / 1500 here!

message 11: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Moony wrote: "3:00pm / 1500 here!"

21:03 here ;-)

Moony Eliver OK, 6 hours ahead... I'll try to remember that! 😂

message 13: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Moony wrote: "OK, 6 hours ahead... I'll try to remember that! 😂"

Me too! Lol

message 14: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Hey, Xia!! Have you met Jav yet????

message 15: by XiaXia (last edited Aug 18, 2018 01:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

XiaXia Jan wrote: "Moony wrote: "OK, 6 hours ahead... I'll try to remember that! 😂"

Jan wrote: Hey, Xia!! Have you met Jav yet????

Me too! Lol"

11:11 PM here. Not yet! OMG hubba hubba!!!

Moony Eliver In my mind, Jav is otherworldly gorgeous. I'm not sure I could find a real life photo that would even do him justice!
But that one's still easy on the eyes, Jan. 😂

message 17: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Oh dear Moony 😰😰 I need a dictionary for that word 😂
I can grasp what it means ... I think 🤔 drop dead gorgeous?? You give me a sec! GR is my school 🤗

Moony Eliver Do you mean "otherworldly"? It's basically unreal, doesn't exist in real life. 😂

message 19: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Moony wrote: "Do you mean "otherworldly"? It's basically unreal, doesn't exist in real life. 😂"

Yes!!! Lol

Are you kidding me? I need to give a face to my characters! :-)
This is def my model:

Moony Eliver Jesus fuck. That photo with his hand to his throat. DROOL.

message 21: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Glad to hear you are not so hard to please after all! :D

message 22: by Suanne (new) - added it

Suanne Laqueur I'll just leave this here: https://www.instagram.com/javierlandes/

Moony Eliver OMG WHAT. That's too much hot... I'm dead... There you go Jan, a face (and then some) for you to picture. 😂

Suanne since you're here, I just have to say thank you! This story is going to give me the book hangover from hell. 🖤🖤🖤

Suanne wrote: "I'll just leave this here: https://www.instagram.com/javierlandes/"

message 24: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Jesus, just woke up and found this.
I’m not ready for this kind of emotion yet.
Dead and dreaming 😍😍😍

Moony Eliver OK I am here with no excuses for having completely blown to shit any acceptable buddy reading pace. Sorrynotsorry. 😝 But Xia, I can't wait until you're done too so we can talk about it!!
Gah this was a great one. Jan you're the bomb.

XiaXia Moony wrote: "OK I am here with no excuses for having completely blown to shit any acceptable buddy reading pace. Sorrynotsorry. 😝 But Xia, I can't wait until you're done too so we can talk about it!!
Gah this ..."

Hahaha Moony! Our Reading Speedy Gonzales :D Give me 2 days. It was my fault for being slow, I got sidetracked by some research about Ancient China and fell down the rabbit hole on Friday and Saturday. I'm back in 2018 again. Or better said 1986. :P

Moony Eliver Be sure to hydrate and eat well. You'll hit a point where you'll be ignoring such basics in order to keep reading. 😂

Elsbeth Hello guys!!! Love your Javier pictures. I think I'm in love.... ;)

I'm just 22% in but I'm sure I won't get much sleep in tonight.
This is really good.

message 29: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Elsbeth wrote: "Hello guys!!! Love your Javier pictures. I think I'm in love.... ;)

I'm just 22% in but I'm sure I won't get much sleep in tonight.
This is really good."

He's something else!!! Alex is not bad, too LOL but gawd, there is no chance right? it's not only the looks, Jav has it all in spades with lots of charisma . The men is the whole package!

XiaXia I'm 22% right now too and Goddammit!!! Is anyone getting alive from this book?

message 31: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Brace yourself,

get some help, , maybe some strong poison alcohol

XiaXia Stacked myself on tissues! Thank Suanne and the heavens there is a 2nd book!

XiaXia Okay ladies, I'm done now, and I'm ready to talk. I liked everything in this book except (view spoiler). I don't see how the drama behind it helped the book in anyway. Can you help me see it? Pretty please?

message 34: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe I do get you because I felt the same way! But the whole story dazzled me and I easily overlooked that. I didn't like that either when I first read it, Xia. However, I have to confess that It made more sense to me second time around. I was paying much more attention to little details ;-) because I already knew it. Nothing happened by chance. Everything was meant to be.
#interweavinglives.

XiaXia Oh the book is a 5 stars for me, and nothing changes that. It was impressing! This was the only thing nagging me :P

Everything was meant to be.

That's what I loved most about this book, how everything was connected :D
And I have to say this, I've rarely seen in other books the way Suanne used metaphors. Wow!

message 36: by Moony (last edited Aug 24, 2018 01:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Moony Eliver Yes! I just replied on your other update Xia, but let’s discuss here instead. The only real value it had for me was the contribution to the overarching theme — just put your best love foot forward and see what happens. But I think that was also clear without this twist, so it wasn’t necessarily NEEDED. But who knows if Suanne has something planned for the future that is related to this?? 😳

message 37: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe I think Moony is with you in respect to that, but she decided to get her pink glasses and look to the other side like me LOL

message 38: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Moony wrote: "Yes! I just replied on your other update Xia, but let’s discuss here instead. The only real value it had for me was the contribution to the overarching theme — just put your best love foot forward ..."

was writing at the same time ;-)

Moony Eliver 💕 🕶💕

XiaXia Thank you my darlings, this helps!
Jan, I can't thank you enough for this book! Both you are Moony are right when you are saying that our MM reader friends should give this book a chance.

I'll write the review tomorrow because right now I'm in need of aftercare and I can't write anything intelligent beyond : Read this book, now! lol

Moony Eliver My review was ALMOST that intelligible 😁 and yes, totally an aftercare-needed book! 😂

message 42: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Xia Xia wrote: "Thank you my darlings, this helps!
Jan, I can't thank you enough for this book! Both you are Moony are right when you are saying that our MM reader friends should give this book a chance.

I'll wri..."

LMAO! you go girl! <3
our MM reader friends should give this book a chance. right?!?! People cannot skip the 1st book!!! It makes me want to cry :'-( Meet the young Jav pretty please!!!!

message 43: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Moony, are you finishing Finches today??

message 44: by Moony (last edited Aug 24, 2018 03:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Moony Eliver But the thing is... (view spoiler)

Moony Eliver YES! Gawd/life willing. I can’t take the feet dragging anymore. 😁

message 46: by XiaXia (last edited Aug 24, 2018 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

XiaXia Jan wrote: People cannot skip the 1st book!!! It makes me want to cry :'-( Meet the young Jav pretty please!!!!"

I wanted to send Laura Lascarso a message today to tell her she started with the wrong book and then I got into a fight with myself over which book should be read first: Hiroku or TBT and chickened out :P

FYI Moony this is what Jan and I are talking about: https://twitter.com/lauralascarso/sta...

message 47: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe Moony wrote: "YES! Gawd/life willing. I can’t take the feet dragging anymore. 😁"

Lol

message 48: by JANe (new) - rated it 5 stars

JANe I absolutely LOVED Tales from Cushman Row (Venery) by Suanne Laqueur because we get a little bit inside her head.

Moony Eliver YES Jan texted that to me earlier! I feel passionately that the chronological order should be adhered to with BOTH of these examples, but I guess with Hiroku I can kinda see the other side, considering that wasn’t even the publishing order.... 😕

Xia Xia wrote: "FYI Moony this is what Jan and I are talking about: https://twitter.com/lauralascarso/sta... "

XiaXia I'm also for chronological orders. That's why Where Death Meets the Devil did not work out for me at all!

What I loved most about this book was that it wasn't a romance story but the life story of several people during a period of 30 years who became very dear to me <3

« previous 1