What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

How They Met, and Other Stories
This topic is about How They Met, and Other Stories
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Short story compilation - several queer love stories, but not exclusively queer. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Macy (last edited Aug 02, 2018 05:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Macy (rockymthorrorshow) | 5 comments Hey y'all,

There was a book I used to pick up periodically from my school library that I'd love to find again. It was a compilation of love stories - the one that sticks most clearly in my mind was a story about a boy (?) who was hired as a babysitter/tutor for the daughter of a relatively wealthy woman, and they walked down to Starbucks almost every day, where the girl insisted that her drink be made in her own cup (which was against Starbucks policy or something). The boy ended up falling in love with the barista (also a guy), and then at the end (or the beginning?) the girl's mother says something about how the girl hooked her last tutor up with her dance teacher and now they're getting married in India or something similar.

I know it was a hardcover book, possibly with red edges on the cover and maybe an envelope (or I could be mixing up my library books). I'm pretty sure it was published in the mid-to-late 2000s. I'd love to go back and reread it - if anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it!!

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16272 comments I feel like I've read this, but I'm blanking on the title. Is it anything listed here?

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/5...

Macy (rockymthorrorshow) | 5 comments It is!!! It's called How They Met And Other Stories - thank you so much for your help!!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33490 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Macy. Here's the link - How They Met, and Other Stories by David Levithan.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16272 comments Awesome, glad it was there! I went up and down the list a few times trying it find it and coudn't, lol.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

How They Met, and Other Stories (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Levithan (other topics)