2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross, #5)
This topic is about Pop Goes the Weasel
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross #5)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss James Patterson‘s book, Pop Goes the Weasel.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Angela, Ashley, Kerry

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 115
Week 2: 115
Week 3: 115
Week 4: 115

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments I did start this book. As this is a busy month I am reading this during my lunch at work so I probably won't finish it until closer to the end of the month but will join in the conversation up until the point I am at. :) Enjoy.

Angela Jr. I haven't started it yet. I'm rereading them via audiobook and I haven't been in the mood to listen to anything lately, so I'll probably also finish towards the end of the month!

message 5: by Angela Jr. (last edited Aug 04, 2018 02:43PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angela Jr. Nevermind, i just started listening 😂

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments That works. I have a day off in a couple of weeks so I might read more then. Have to see what happens. But I will at least read during lunch as long as I can and will have it read by the end of the month. Enjoy :)

message 7: by Angela Jr. (last edited Aug 04, 2018 11:29PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angela Jr. Chapter 21
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. Finished yesterday, i look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Angela Jr. Do you want to continue with the next book in september? Asking because we need to request a thread by the 19th this month.

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments I will continue. I might not finish this one until the first week of September but I will continue. Sorry for the delay. Work has been crazy.

I just got to the part where (view spoiler)

Angela Jr. (view spoiler)

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

I agree. (view spoiler)

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments Work has been very crazy this month so I am still working on this book. I am hoping to finish it this weekend. I am at the part where (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments So i just got to the part where (view spoiler)

Law stuff in books sometimes gets me going into a rant, which it did here. I don't know how this will play out but I typically do not read law books unless written by a lawyer and sometimes even then I do not. I tend to pick it apart. Sorry for the rant.

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments (view spoiler)

Angela Jr. Wow, how do you know so much about law? Do you work in law enforcement?

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments (view spoiler)

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments I went to law school. I am an attorney. I am licensed to practice in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont. The things that I pointed out are the basics that you learn in the law school. That is why they bug me lol. Sorry.

Angela Jr. That's cool! Do you work for a firm or did you start your own practice?

Angela Jr. And what's your specialty?

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments Right now I am doing collections work. But ideally I want to do civil litigation - contract, personal injury, and stuff like that.

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments I work for a small firm. There are 5 attorneys in the office. I kindly like the small firm. I thought about starting my own firm, but I have only been practicing for a few years and want to get some experience where I am, then some experience in the areas I ideally want to practice in, and then maybe I will open my own firm. See what happens. I like what I do so I don't want to stop for the administrative stuff that comes up.

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 1116 comments I finished this. (view spoiler)

Angela Jr. Ashley wrote: "I work for a small firm. There are 5 attorneys in the office. I kindly like the small firm. I thought about starting my own firm, but I have only been practicing for a few years and want to get som..."

Sounds like a good plan :)

Angela Jr. Ashley wrote: "I finished this. [spoilers removed]"

I agree. (view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pop Goes the Weasel (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

James Patterson (other topics)