The Fault in Our Stars The Fault in Our Stars question

Best books you've read this year!
Isla Isla Jul 24, 2018 08:26PM
Hi everyone! Please comment your favourite books that you've read this year with the author, genre and maybe a brief, no-spoiler review!

Also, I added tfios because it wouldn't let me add the discussion without a book. It's one of my faves this year.

1. Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi, it's the 4th book in the Shatter Me series and I'm just really in love with all the books. Great for lovers of science fiction and romance.
2. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, I read this a few years ago but I always recommend it because I love it so much. It's the best romance novel I've ever read.

U 25x33
Gretal Lost Boys by Orson Scott Card
A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs

Jan 04, 2019 05:15PM · flag

HomeBoyz - Alan Lawrence

Top Three:

Th Travelling Cat Chronicles
An American Marriage
Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows

I have read 5 books this year so far. However in 2018 my favorite book that I have recently finished so far is Awaken Online Book 1: Catharisis by the Author: Travis Bagwell. This story reminds me a lot about Ready Player one. If you want to read something like that, this book is it.

Inferos: The Moon Amulet really surprised me. YA Urban Fantasy. Lots of great characters and intertwining storylines.

Chitrangada (last edited Jul 25, 2018 11:59PM ) Jul 25, 2018 12:39AM   0 votes
Mine is the same..... "The fault in our stars" by John green.I've just completed reading it and I loved it, literally!!!
I've never really been in love but reading it made me feel like I've been and I've cried after reading the last chapter,like really! This book really touched my heart.

I just finished " ce que le jour doit à la nuit " you can also find it in English ( what the day owes the night . By yasmina khadhra ) . It's an incredibly wonderful book .

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to mention that I’ve truly loved browsing your blog posts. In any case, I will be subscribing on your feed and I hope you write again soon! Thanks from Youtube Movies

Mine is The Hunger Games and the To All the Boys I've Loved Before series!

My top five (so far) this year:

The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls; a memoir from an MSNBC contributor about her volatile childhood; a must-read for anyone who thinks their parents were the worst.

Revival by Stephen King; typical Stephen King; follows the repeated intersection of Jamie Morton and Charlie Jacobs (aka Daniel Charles aka The Reverend) and builds to an event that changes both their lives

A Man Called Ove by Frederick Backman; Ove is a cranky old man set on committing suicide but is repeatedly thwarted in his efforts by his clueless neighbors, a cat that adopts him and neighborhood children who insist on being friendly to him; I never thought a story where the main character is suicidal would be so uplifting and humorous while also providing insight into a character like Ove.

Different Seasons by Stephen King; less typical Stephen King; three of the four short stories in this collection have been made into movies and I finally wanted to read the origin of each. Each story is gripping and King at his best.

Call the Midwife (plus the two sequel volumes In the Shadow of the Workhouse and Goodbye to the East End) by Jennifer Worth; another memoir, this one about a nurse midwife working alongside nuns in the poor neighborhood of Poplar in 1950's London; very descriptive of the difficult living conditions but also hopeful given the positivity of the people and the constant arrival of new life via the midwives work.

- Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda
- The Hate You Give
- They Both Die at the End

I've been struggling to find good books this year but the following have not disappointed me at all:
1) Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng, this book just gives me a warm feeling inside. It really explores the aspects of family lives and relationships.
2) The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, can't even explain how important this book is. The topics that are addressed is really what this world needs to be informed.
3) Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng, she is just such a great author. Once again this book/characters had me clinging on to every page I read.
4)Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven, two people facing the cruel world together. Just brings me joy... and maybe a few tears.
5) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist is one of those "must read before I die" books. It really explains the world and the philosophy of it.

Nice post,
My list for the year would have the following books:
1. The Complete Persepolis
2. The Zahir
3. The subtle art of not giving a F**K
4. Animal Farm
5. Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance

The sun is also a star is pretty good.

So far I only have one favorite books I have more but don't really like them like this book
1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. This book is basically about romance and how also a fake relationship could end..... and how shy girls are scared to talk because they feel invisible and no one cares about what they do.

for me it is
1) A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
2)And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
3)The Moonlight Dreamers by Siobhan Curham
4)Calling Sehmat by Harinder. S. Sikka

My favorite books do far :
1. The summer I turned pretty by Jenny Han
2.Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
3.Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
4.His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman
5.Tess of the DUrbervilles by Thomas Hardy
6.To all the boys I have loved before by Jenny han
7.Lock and Key and What Happened to goodbye by Sarah Dessen
8.Are you there god it's me Margaret by Judy Blume

I thoroughly enjoyed 2 books flawed and perfect by Cecilia ahern. It's a YA dystopian book

The best books I have read this year are

1. The 100 SERIES
2. DIVERGENT SERIES

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier

I really loved Roomies by Christina Lauren - it made me laugh so much.
The other books I really enjoyed were the two new Sarah.J.Mass books:
- Kingdom of Ash
- A Court of Frost and Starlight
They were both fantastic books and I would recommend both series to anyone and everyone!