Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Paper Princess (The Royals, #1)
This topic is about Paper Princess
Previous BRs - Authors; U - Z > Watt, Erin-- Paper Princess informal buddy read starts July 27, 2018

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30837 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Paper Princess by Erin Watt

Synopsis
There is an alternate cover edition for this ASIN here.

From strip clubs and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself.

These Royals will ruin you…

Ella Harper is a survivor—a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone.

Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from.

Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals.

He might be right.

Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

~ Buddy Style Reads ~
    Three Ways to Enjoy a Book!
At NRBC we use three styles of buddy reads. These will be indicated in the thread title as “Buddy Read”, “Relaxed Buddy Read” or “Informal Buddy Read”.
A “Buddy Read” has a discussion leader and a reading date is set to start the book. A reading schedule is posted prior to the start date and discussion questions are posted each day regarding that section of the book. More information about these types of reads is below. An example is here, showing a reading schedule here.

A “Relaxed Buddy Read” is similar to our usual “buddy reads” except there are less questions and break points. For example, a book may be split into three sections and those reading the book should pause at the end of the section to answer some discussion questions, make comments, or ask their own questions to other readers. An example is here.

An “Informal Buddy Read” doesn’t have a discussion leader and participants are asked to consider some generic questions when making comments about the book. An example is here.

A “Read and Watch Buddy Read” may be set up as any of the above, but we will also watch the movie or T.V. series - or even go to a play! - and make comparisons, discussing what has been left out or changed as well as the actors and actresses. There is a long debate of what one should do first: read the books or watch the movie? We usually read first, but it isn’t essential. Also, if you would like to join in, but don’t want to watch the movie, show, or play, but only read the books, that is fine, too. An example is here.

MORE UNDER SPOILER
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

Elen | 1092 comments I am starting my book today. I hope someone is going to join me :)

Team Hermione Granger

SandyL | 4389 comments I'm starting it too Elen!

Team Newt Scamander

SandyL | 4389 comments I've been listening to this book on audio today and I'm up to Chapter 22.

I don't read too many books with MC in this age range - just for challenges! 😁 I'm not into the teenage drama and angst. That said, this book has been holding my attention. Although I have been doing a lot of eye rolling. teeeheeeheeee

Ella (Ch 1-2) - (view spoiler)

Ella (Ch 3-6) - (view spoiler)

Callum - (view spoiler)

Brooke - (view spoiler)

Reed - (view spoiler)

Dinah - (view spoiler)

One of the things I don't like about the New Adult books is the amount of mean people in them - both kids and adults!

Elen | 1092 comments I fell asleep yesterday and forgot to update my reading and thoughts.

I usually don't read a book that kind, bc they are too cliche, obvious etc. But I have to say that this book is much better than I was expecting.

Ella - I agree about foster care, but I understood that (view spoiler)

Callum - Agree. (view spoiler)

Brook - I hate that b*tch (Sorry for word, but she is). Her attitude and what she does is just so unacceptable.

Boys - I like them, but they all have so many problems.

Reed - (view spoiler)

Elen | 1092 comments @SandyL - I think being mean is so important in this kind of book which is a little bit hilarious, but for this book, it's working out pretty well.

SandyL | 4389 comments Chapter 30

I'm really wondering what Brooke (view spoiler)

I'm glad Ella (view spoiler)

These boys are just drifting (view spoiler)

message 10: by Elen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elen | 1092 comments Finished!

I enjoyed more than I was expecting. It was very easy and fast read what is really typical of this kind of book.

Daniel Delacorte - (view spoiler)

Brook - (view spoiler)

Ella - (view spoiler)

There are so many questions I need answers.

message 11: by Elen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elen | 1092 comments SandyL wrote: "Chapter 30

I'm really wondering what Brooke [spoilers removed]

I'm glad Ella [spoilers removed]

These boys are just drifting [spoilers removed]"

I agree about boys. They need someone who will guide them or someone who will be their supervisor as their dad doesn't do anything. I think after they mum died they all just started doing whatever comes to their mind - good and bad, but mostly bad-bad things.

SandyL | 4389 comments What!!!????? I had no idea this was a cliffhanger!!!

Brooke (view spoiler)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Paper Princess (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Erin Watt (other topics)