CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 30 - Lighthearted Reads

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (morwesong) | 47 comments Happy Monday!

I've been reading a novel that is partially set during WWII and features a lot of descriptions of the Holocaust. That was getting heavy, so I set it aside and picked up some fluff.

Now, I mean no disrespect when I call a novel fluff. These authors are extremely talented writers, and I very much enjoy their novels. They just typically tend towards more lighthearted plots. The drama is not too dramatic, and it gives me the warm and fuzzies. When I spend so much time reading heavy books, I turn to these for a break.

My go-to lighthearted author is Sophie Kinsella. Her Shopaholic series is so much fun. I also enjoyed Can You Keep a Secret?, Remember Me?, and The Undomestic Goddess.

What are books or authors do you turn to when you need something lighthearted?

Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) by Sophie Kinsella Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella

message 2: by Jodie (new)

Jodie Reha I don't necessarily have a specific author, but I am reading the "Sarah scribbles" graphic novels and have laughed out!! Adulthood Is a Myth (Sarah's Scribbles, #1) by Sarah Andersen Big Mushy Happy Lump (Sarah's Scribbles, #2) by Sarah Andersen Herding Cats (Sarah's Scribbles, #3) by Sarah Andersen

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (morwesong) | 47 comments Oh! I have seen those on Facebook. I had no idea there were full graphic novels. I will definitely have to check that out.