What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > supernatural YA - i think it was a trilogy, in the second book she is forced to stay in an old castle with this group who i think we’re gargoyle shifters or something of that nature, and their king falls in love with her

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Livi (new)

Livi | 4 comments i don’t remember anything from the first book besides girl realizes that she’s special and meets a guy she falls in love with, but i think in the second book she is forced to stay in an old castle with this group who i think we’re gargoyle shifters or something of that nature, and their king falls in love with her, but of course she’s in love with the guy from the first book... in either the second or the third book she has to go defeat some sort of troll in an old abandoned church in a grassy hilly area that she had dreamed about before... any help would be appreciated! i’ve searched every variation of this that i can remember into google and nothing’s comes up...

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 989 comments Maybe Meredith Ann Pierce's Darkangel trilogy? A Gathering of Gargoyles is one of the books but it's been a while and I'm not sure if your other plot points might match.

message 3: by Livi (new)

Livi | 4 comments SBC wrote: "Maybe Meredith Ann Pierce's Darkangel trilogy? A Gathering of Gargoyles is one of the books but it's been a while and I'm not sure if your other plot points might match."

Thanks for the suggestion, I don’t think that’s the book... I read the goodreads description and it didn’t sound familiar. I don’t think the whole book was concerned with gargoyles, honestly I’m not even sure if it was gargoyles... I think it was a world with many different types of supernatural creatures. Thank you though!

message 4: by Livi (new)

Livi | 4 comments Also, I read this book at least 5 years ago and it could have been older than that.

message 5: by Josie (new)

Josie (maid_marian) | 100 comments Could it be the Claidi journals, by Tanith Lee? Wolf Tower, Wolf Star, Wolf Queen, Wolf Wing?

message 6: by Livi (new)

Livi | 4 comments Josie wrote: "Could it be the Claidi journals, by Tanith Lee? Wolf Tower, Wolf Star, Wolf Queen, Wolf Wing?"

I read the goodreads blurb and I’ve never heard of it, thanks though!

Perennial Bibliophile (perennialbibliophile) | 12 comments Long shot what about Graceley Knox's "Wicked Kingdom'? some elements might fit...

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Livi, are you still looking for this book or did you find it?