Start by marking “Wolf Queen (Claidi Journals, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Queen (Claidi Journals, #3)

Wolf Queen

(Claidi Journals #3)

Claidi is eager to reunite with her fiancé Argul-but when she finally reaches his camp, she finds that someone has been spreading ugly lies about her, and Argul is nowhere to be found. Undaunted, Claidi sets out to search for him. Her quest brings her to the icy threshold of a tower, and within it she encounters another shadow from her past-a powerful woman Claidi believes ...more
Published September 15th 2003 by Puffin (first published January 18th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Queen

Start your review of Wolf Queen (Claidi Journals, #3)
Dannii Elle
Queen of the Wolves is the third book in the Wolf Tower sequence, or as it is alternatively known as, Wolf Queen is the third book in the Claidi Journals series.

I feel it is only fair to state that it has been years since I read the first two installments and that my enjoyment of this was initially a little hampered because of that fact. The book does, however, begin with a helpful twenty point synopsis of the first two books, which helped to retrieve my memory, somewhat.

This is tagged on Goodr
Megan Kirby
Jun 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Only after finishing this book did I realize Claidi is a quartet and not a trilogy. I thought I was done. I don't know where to go from here.

Like the previous book, Wolf Tower is insane. And I read it obsessively. Claidi is SO DUMB, GUYS. [SPOILERS] She doesn't realize her fiancé is a robot even though she KNOWS EVERYONE IS GETTING REPLACED BY ROBOTS. He literally shuts down mid-conversation with her and she runs out of the room crying because he won't respond. GIRL, HE POWERED DOWN. Also what a
Chelsie
Jul 06, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
I had to push myself to finish book 1, and then the following books, simply to find out what happens. Worse, I think the ending of the first book was better than the ending of the series. So unless you absolutely adore it, don't go beyond the first book.

This series is a very odd, confusing read. While the storyline is very good, and also very creative, the different cultures and towns she comes to are so bizarre that you are left wondering where in the world the author came up with it all. I su
Kaila
I am not particularly enjoying this series and so far this book is the most egregious. The narrator, Claidi, spends half the book explaining family trees and who is related to who. But...IS that person actually related? What if they're not? Is that actually my mom? Maybe my mom is this other person? What if I never meet my mom? Let me explain family trees some more.

It was both confusing and boring.

The magic is very handwavy and works by just thinking about it, which means it is ALL POWERFUL whic
C.
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my second time reading this book, and what an ending! This is the book where a lot of things you've been wondering about come to light, and they all explode in a wonderfully written scene that is also heartbreaking.

5/5 stars
Anne Osterlund
Jun 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Claidi is back! She flies in on the Wolf Star, all prepared to find Argul and marry him. But . . . turns out, Argul has no idea she was kidnapped. He thinks she ran off on purpose with that nitwit, Nemian.

As if Claidi would be such a dopp. Again.

She’ll just have to track down Argul and explain. If she can avoid all the lying, scheming subjects of whatever Tower is hunting her now!

Wolf Queen is the third of four books in Tanith Lee’s fantasy series about the heroine. My favorite part of this epis
Deanna
Aug 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Advanture, Mystery, and Romanic.
This book has got to be the best out of the first 3 in the series! it was an on your edge of the seat page turner! It made me very excited to read the 4th book (for the record it is still on hold for me at my locial library as of August 8).
It was interesting to find out about that claidi's real family was just a slave family. After all that time she lived a lie! A LIE! CAN YOU BELIEVE TAHT! And after all that she put her husband to be through he still wanted to marry her! now that is a great guy
June
Oct 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I think I waited to long to write a review. I enjoyed it enough though to order Wolf Wing and read that right away. Claidi is still trying to find out who she is. There are enough twists and turns to keep the reader guessing.
Erin
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't sleep and I wanted more so I powered through the book in 3 hours. Wonderful twists in this one, one's that made me smile. I think I liked this one better then the second one. Very curious to see how this series ends!
Toviel
I was originally going to make a bunch of notes in my updates, but then I finished this book in under an hour. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised a book so lacking in detail is such a quick read, though.

WOLF QUEEN is the third book of the CLAIDI JOURNALS. Picking up almost exactly where the second book left off, Claidi is on the search for the Argul, her fiancee, and the Hulta, his band of travelers. However, when she finds the Hulta, Argul is gone and the entire clan is hostile to her. With lit
Grace
Dec 07, 2017 added it
Aisha
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
honestly...this was the weakest between book 1, 2 and 3.
I-
the beginning was great but the book kinda fell flat in terms of the relationship between Argul and Claidi was too meh. It seemed as if once Argul found out he was of royal blood, he was like a different character. I wanted more of that rugged clan persona. You feel me? But I mean, Jelly was like the highlight of this book. (*wink* *wink*)
i won't say much but....goshhhhh Claidi is so dense.
and then the ending....
sigh.
I wanted Argul and C
Kristy
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok my least favorite of the three. I felt like there were too many complicating factors and extraneous ideas thrown in that the author got a little lost and had to wrap it up quickly and easily (which she did - a little too much so, an ending of convenience). To me this was the least believable, not in the way it was resolved necessarily, but in that it all tied together in a nice little package after too many things had happened that would have prevented that. But the series overall I enjoyed a ...more
Rusty
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best of the series. The author took the reader to an unexpected conclusion that was both plausible and appropriate for this trilogy. I liked the characters a great deal. Beginning from an introductory novel that prompts the reader to continue the series, the author writes a very good story while keeping the reader involved. Claidi is the heroine whose lack of experience leads her into interesting and complicated political situations. And, she is determined to live her own life in spite of what h ...more
Lena
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cari
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
My problem with this story is basically that I thoroughly dislike Claidi. I understand what she is supposed to be, an adventure hero in the most traditional way. But it doesn't work for me.
The plot is ridiculously convoluted and quite frankly seems nonsensical.

I love Tanith Lee but this series baffles me.
Rebecca Lien
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: two-of-cups
wolf Queen was possibly my favorite in the series and it was wonderfully written if only the whole series was this easy to comprehend.

Tarot CArd- Sasuraibito- Two of Cups- This card can mean a meaningful reunion or the start of a friendship.

Liz
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really love Claidi! She is an amazing main character. This book was really good and I am happy to find out it is not a trilogy like it was planned to be. We learned a lot in this installment. The Truth was finally revealed.
Liz T
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ready for some plot twists! Here they are. I desperately missed the wagon train in this and the 4th book, but it brought in some great new characters and relationships. And hey who doesn't want to hear about a sheep in a wedding dress.
Jesi
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
again one of my favorite books to re read since I was a child.
Caro
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow, each book keeps getting better and better
Megan Lea
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Please read this series! You won't regret it!
Sarah Cornett
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just as good as the first two. At times I thought I knew what would happen. At times I was right, but there are a few good twists that I wasn't expecting.
Elizabeth
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Wolf Queen solves lots of the mysteries that were set up over Wolf Tower and Wolf Star and sends Claidi and Argul off on a happy ending, finishing up the Claidi Journals on a sweet, sentimental note—or, at least, that’s what the book wants me to think.

See, this isn’t actually the last Claidi book, though it’s the last one I read. Lee wrote one more, though apparently wasn’t planning to, based on the blurb for this book. I’m excited to read it to see what happens, as that one will truly be a “bli
Steph
Nov 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Claidi finally discovers her heritage and past in this third book in the "Claidi Journals" series.

After escaping the Rise using the help of the Wolf Star, Claidi returns to the realm to find that her fiance is gone! Following rumors and the barest of traces, she follows Argul deep into the north. There she meets the arrogant and spoiled Winter Raven, a young royal who knows who Claidi is and hates her for a past Claidi doesn't even know herself. Winter Raven's mother, the queen, has connections
Sam Wescott
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This and Wolf Wing were my two favorite books in the series when I read them as a kid. Re-reading them now, phew boy, this was a wild one, huh?

So, I did still enjoy this one because I am a sucker for a good reunion and there's a really good one in here ("Best Bird" still warms my cynical little heart). And you do start to get some answers, which is nice, but some of the answers are sooooo far-fetched that they hardly seem satisfactory.

Like, I wish Tanith hadn't decided to make science and magic
Reeby
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Wolf Queen is the third book in The Claidi Journals, a quartet written as the fictional journals of Claidi as she goes out into the world, leaving the only home she'd ever known and encountering more than her fair share of bumps along the way. Lee has captured Claidi's voice wonderfully, making her an interesting and sympathetic narrator, and it is easy to fall into the amusingly quirky world being described.

This book follows Claidi as she struggles to reunite with her love, Argul, and figure ou
Ceinwyn
Oct 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
What I enjoy most about Tanith Lee is that her books take me to new and unique places. Lee's worlds are a bit bizarre, true, but that's what I love about them, the sense of discovery and strangeness. I think in fantasy it's too easy to get caught up in the same medieval-esque wattle and daub landscpaes that blur together.

After too much Bella Swan I really like Claidi as well. She's not pretentious, but she has inner strength. Though she's chasing after the one she loves, there is a world outsid
Kaila C
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
wow the Wolf Queen was exciting i must say. I was swept off again and just wanting the main character to get answers and get everything straighten out. This book gave some answers that i was so happy to have answered but then of course gave some questions in return..sigh. I was like "whoa she is .. and that means that other girl is...oh my,..man this so unfair!" anyway i felt a good mix of emotions of for the main character. I also felt i wanted her to feel pretty and proud of herself. she would ...more
Lia
Aug 01, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
Third book, but I think I spotted a fourth waiting out there... Wolf Wing?

Future story hinted at, in the end of this one. I want to read it, if there is more. I really enjoyed this series, though the plot started feeling weak, in the end. (All this trouble, over a few bored princesses and their simple idea to breed rebellion?) If WHY is explained better in further books, then ok. But it presents itself more as a trilogy, at this point, like this is the end. =/

Couldn't put the series down! Had to
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Tenth Power
  • The Riddle
  • The Sherwood Ring
  • Court Duel (Crown & Court, #2)
  • The Castle of Llyr (The Chronicles of Prydain, #3)
  • The Dream-Maker's Magic (Safe-Keepers, #3)
  • Wildwood Imperium (Wildwood Chronicles, #3)
  • In the Coils of the Snake (The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy, #3)
  • Close Kin (The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy, #2)
  • Taran Wanderer (The Chronicles of Prydain, #4)
  • The Healer's Keep
  • The Light of the Oracle
  • The Enchanted Forest Chronicles (The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1-4)
  • Little Women (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Samantha's Boxed Set (The American Girls Collection/Boxed Set)
  • Josefina Learns a Lesson: A School Story (American Girls: Josefina, #2)
  • Black Beauty (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Great Illustrated Classics)
Tanith Lee was a British writer of science fiction, horror, and fantasy. She was the author of 77 novels, 14 collections, and almost 300 short stories. She also wrote four radio plays broadcast by the BBC and two scripts for the UK, science fiction, cult television series "Blake's 7."
Before becoming a full time writer, Lee worked as a file clerk, an assistant librarian, a shop assistant, and a wai

Claidi Journals (4 books)
  • Wolf Tower (Claidi Journals, #1)
  • Wolf Star (Claidi Journals #2)
  • Wolf Wing (Claidi Journals, #4)