What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy. A seemingly normal guy who has to guard a book that is like a gate to earth and there are a bunch of other gate books and book guardians. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean (last edited Aug 07, 2018 01:27AM) (new)

Sean | 24 comments I think I read the book in like 2014
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
okay so basically the plot of this book from what I remember is that there is a guy whose name I do not know (MC from now on) one day he comes home from whatever he was doing and some stuff happens I cant remember the first few chapters very well but I rememeber at some point another entity arrives in front of him and tells him that the mc is the new guardian of the book of earth and that as such he has some sort of magic powers attached to this book to protect it the book is important because it allows travel between the worlds of which there are many I think it was specifically 9 and it comes to light that there all of these planets were created by a "god" of some sort and the one that created earth was Tiamat and after the creation of the worlds one of the gods went crazy and basically became evil and the books effectively prevent said mad God from attacking any of the other worlds atleast directly and it is of course the Guardians job to prevent any of this guys agents from seizing the book and writing the gods name in it also Tiamat is for whatever reason the mad god's favorite sibling and MC is Tiamat's favorite person also it turns out MC is related to earth's previous book guardian who was killed by the agents of the mad god but only after he managed to hide the book and the MC is also related to the guardian of another planet because the previous protector of earth wan't entirely human I guess??? also this is a series and i remember at some point the MC falls for tiamat and they get married but thats in later books

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Possibly I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. Iread this six years ago, so I'm not sure. It does have your elements in it.

message 3: by Sean (new)

Sean | 24 comments definitely not I Am Number Four though that was a great book series

message 4: by Sean (new)

Sean | 24 comments anyone got any ideas?

message 5: by Sean (new)

Sean | 24 comments bump numero dos

message 6: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Probably not The Shattered Gates but I'll throw it out there just in case.

message 7: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 263 comments I've never read it, but there are nine worlds in the Magnus Chase series.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/82212

message 8: by Sean (new)

Sean | 24 comments nope neither of those two though I will definitely be picking up the first one anyways! thanks for trying though

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

I Am Number Four (other topics)
The Shattered Gates (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Pittacus Lore (other topics)