SciFi and Fantasy Book Club discussion

Recommendations and Lost Books > Forgot the name of a book I read years ago! Help!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 3 comments Not sure if I’m doing this right so I’m just starting right away.
I’m looking for the title of a book I read some years ago. It was about a girl that fled from her home and served her apprenticeship under a coterie of shapeshifters/dragons. The girl has a pet falcon she found while field work. I had always thought the author was Trudi Canavan but as I found out that’s not true.
I wouldn’t bother you with that but it’s a constant itch in the back of my head. Any ideas?

message 2: by Ivy (new)

Ivy | 15 comments Do you remember the year you read it? Or a ballpark date?

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 3 comments I read it in 2013.

message 4: by Ivy (new)

Ivy | 15 comments Was it Dealing With Dragons? https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 3 comments Sadly not. But thank you so much for your support.
I remember some more details but I don't want to ruin the plot for anyone who might read this.

message 6: by Trike (new)

Trike Just put the details behind spoiler tags.

message 7: by Allison, Fairy Mod-mother (new)

Allison Hurd | 13043 comments Mod
Trike wrote: "Just put the details behind spoiler tags."

What he said :)

message 8: by Anna, Circadian heretic (new)

Anna (vegfic) | 9646 comments Mod
In case you aren't using the desktop version, and don't know how to use spoiler tags, here's how:

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert Davis (robert_davis) | 78 comments Don't worry about spoilers here... we are all trying to help. But yes, you can use the spoiler tags like Anna shows.

message 10: by Pixiegirl105 (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 113 comments Is it YA or is it general fantasy?

message 11: by Don (new)

Don Dunham I recently read a book which had shape shifter dragons. The book was "The Cloud Roads" by Martha Wells

message 12: by Bobby (new)

Bobby | 869 comments I haven't read any books that fit your description, but I found a list that might help. https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/6...

It seems like a lot of them are romance, but maybe a title, cover, or blurb will jog your memory?

message 13: by Hectaizani (last edited Jul 14, 2018 07:47AM) (new)

Hectaizani | 2 comments It's not anything by Mary Brown is it? Her books (The Unlikely Ones, Pigs Don't Fly) deal with an orphan leaving her home and going on the road with a bunch of different animals and dragons.

message 14: by Robert (last edited Jul 15, 2018 09:56AM) (new)

Robert Davis (robert_davis) | 78 comments What do you remember of the book cover? Any descriptions can help

message 15: by Brian (new)

Brian Anderson Julie Kagawa?

message 16: by Pixiegirl105 (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 113 comments i'm pretty sure i read it...does the girl have healing abilities? if so i'll see if i can remember the book...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Unlikely Ones (other topics)
Pigs Don't Fly (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mary Brown (other topics)