You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Wall of Fame > Wall of Fame Name List and Request Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 247 (247 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments It has become a struggle to post badges on people's walls because of similar names. The mods tend to jump through hoops trying to identify the correct person to badge. To resolve this issue, we've decided to use a formal "Wall of Fame Name" system.

Every time you report the completion of an activity for which you will receive a badge, you must START your report with your wall of fame name.

For example, I will report:
"Wall of Fame Name - Janice" or
"WoF Name - Janice" (if you like to shorten it up).

There are a couple of exemptions -

1. Topplers - When you sign up for a toppler, sign up with your WoF name.

2. Year Long Challenges - When you request a badge, use your WoF Name. You are not required to use it on your personal thread, just when you request a badge.

Failure to use your WoF Name will result in a delay in receiving your badge.

This system will start on August 1, 2018. You may start now, if you chose, but we won't start requiring the WoF name until August 1st.

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments I have reviewed everyone's walls and have provided links to them below. If your wall is not there, check the inactive wall to make sure I haven't moved it. I did some housekeeping while I was at it, and any wall that hadn't seen activity in a year was moved.

If you are new to YLTO, please tell us what name you would like so that we can start a wall for you when you get your first badge. Please keep as close to your GR's User ID as possible. It just makes it much easier to connect Jane with Jane Doe than with MoonBeam. You can still be a MoonBeam, just make it Jane MoonBeam.

If you have already have a wall, you may take this opportunity to change your name. Once August starts, names will be carved in stone.

message 7: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Jan 06, 2022 06:38AM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments - T -

Tammy
Tasha
Tejas Janet
Thea Mocha
Tracy - to be added
Travis
Tricia
TrudyAn

- V -

Valerie
Vicki
Viji

- W -

Wanda
Whitney - tba

- Y -

Yvette

message 8: by Clive (new)

Clive Matthews | 225 comments Would it be possible to make a wall for me? I've just joined and have already got underway with some of the challenges. Happy for the wall to just be - Clive.

message 9: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments I've added your name, Clive. When you get your first badge, the moderator badging will create your wall.

message 10: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 1650 comments Sorry to be a bit dim, but if I want my wall to just stay Renee's wall I do nothing? Cause that's what I want.

message 11: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments I assigned everyone's names according to the walls we currently have. You have the option to change it if you wish. Yours will stay as Renee. You'll still need to start any report with "WoF - Renee" even though it's obvious.

message 12: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 1650 comments thank you

message 13: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (triciareadsitall) | 814 comments Janice,

I've just done my first reporting for the July group read. I don't have a wall as of yet, but I would be happy for my name to just be Tricia. If you could add me, that would be great.

I can't believe all the work and effort you and the other moderators put in on behalf of this group. I'm so thankful and am having a wonderful time getting to know you all.

Saar The Book owl | 1925 comments So, if I understand correctly: I need to add 'WoF - name Saar' in the report of my monthly challenge? I don't need to post on my own wall that I request badge?

message 15: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15225 comments That's correct, Saar.

message 16: by siriusedward (new)

siriusedward (elenaraphael) | 887 comments Can you add me too Janice , as SiriusEdward..?

message 17: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments siriusedward wrote: "Can you add me too Janice , as SiriusEdward..?"

It was there, but I had an error in the coding so it didn't show. I fixed it. :)

message 18: by siriusedward (new)

siriusedward (elenaraphael) | 887 comments Thanks :)

message 19: by Robin (new)

Robin | 249 comments I want my name to stay the same Robin from Ky. My wall of fame is currently on the inactive page.

message 20: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments All fixed, Robin. You are back on the active wall and I've added your link above.

message 21: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments Kathryn wrote: "Hi Janice! In anticipation of getting a badge in the very near future, can you set me up with Kathryn (Ryn)?"

I will add your name to the list above as Kathryn (Ryn), and your wall will be created when you receive your first badge.

message 22: by PattyMacDotComma (new)

PattyMacDotComma | 743 comments I’m not quite sure what the badges are all about, but If you can build a wall long enough to accommodate PattyMacDotComma in whatever form you like, go for it! I haven’t found an explanation of what badges are, so I’ll just stand by for instructions. : )

message 23: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17853 comments PattyMacDotComma wrote: "I’m not quite sure what the badges are all about, but If you can build a wall long enough to accommodate PattyMacDotComma in whatever form you like, go for it! I haven’t found an explanation of wha..."

Patty, we award badges for participating in group activities. So our challenges, group theme reads, and topplers. We will set up your wall with your first badge. Thanks for letting us know how you want it set up :D

message 24: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments Patty, I see that you are reading for the current Toppler, Popsugar. You will get a badge for that. Kristie will set up your wall when she awards the badges. Soon, you'll be hooked like the rest of us. Just remember that you need to identify your Wall of Fame Name (WoF name) when reporting your finished books - eg: WoF name PattyMacDotComma.

message 25: by PattyMacDotComma (new)

PattyMacDotComma | 743 comments Janice wrote: "Patty, I see that you are reading for the current Toppler, Popsugar. You will get a badge for that. Kristie will set up your wall when she awards the badges. Soon, you'll be hooked like the rest of..."

Got it! Now let’s see if I remember. : )

message 26: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments Don't worry. We will remind you. :) We're very helpful that way.

message 27: by Saar The Book owl (last edited Oct 11, 2018 10:47AM) (new)

Saar The Book owl | 1925 comments Can someone change my name a bit? I changed it into 'Saar the Book Owl'. Thank you :)

message 28: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments Saar The Book owl wrote: "Can someone change my name a bit? I changed it into 'Saar the Book Owl'. Thank you :)"

Done!

Saar The Book owl | 1925 comments Thanks :)

message 30: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15225 comments I added a WoF for Jessica https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 31: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments Thanks Kristie. I've added the link above.

message 32: by Viji (new)

Viji | 1185 comments Pl. add me as Viji. Thanks.

message 33: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments Viji wrote: "Pl. add me as Viji. Thanks."

I have added you in without a link for now. When you get your first badge, I will create your wall and update the link.

message 34: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacy78) | 21 comments Hi, I am new here. I was wondering if I could request a WOF page, I am preparing to participate in the 2019 Movie challenge and I would like to participate in December's monthly Challenge. If I could get Stacy as my page name that would be great but if not anything close to that is fine with me. Thank you

message 35: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments It's yours, Stacy. :)

message 36: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacy78) | 21 comments Janice wrote: "It's yours, Stacy. :)"

Thank you 😁

message 37: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 444 comments Hi, I'm new to the group and would like to request a WOF page. I'm looking forward to participating in 2019. Please use Leslie as my page name if it's available. Thank you :)

message 38: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments Leslie wrote: "Hi, I'm new to the group and would like to request a WOF page. I'm looking forward to participating in 2019. Please use Leslie as my page name if it's available. Thank you :)"

Leslie hasn't been added. It's all yours. :)

message 39: by Tracy O'Donnell (new)

Tracy O'Donnell | 3 comments hi I am new as well and trying to figure out badges in between all the awesome reading I am planning for 2019! I dont see a Tracy so happy to use that for WoF name....

message 40: by Leslie (last edited Dec 17, 2018 07:10PM) (new)

Leslie | 444 comments Janice wrote: "Leslie wrote: "Hi, I'm new to the group and would like to request a WOF page. I'm looking forward to participating in 2019. Please use Leslie as my page name if it's available. Thank you :)"

Lesli..."

Thank you Janice. I can't wait to see my first badge posted in 2019!

message 41: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments Tracy O'Donnell wrote: "hi I am new as well and trying to figure out badges in between all the awesome reading I am planning for 2019! I dont see a Tracy so happy to use that for WoF name...."

I've put a placeholder for you and will update with a link once your wall is established.

message 42: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15225 comments Started a wall for PattyMacDotComma.

message 43: by PattyMacDotComma (new)

PattyMacDotComma | 743 comments Kristie wrote: "Started a wall for PattyMacDotComma."

Thanks! Now all I have to do is go find out again how to use it. :)

message 44: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments PattyMacDotComma wrote: "Kristie wrote: "Started a wall for PattyMacDotComma."

Thanks! Now all I have to do is go find out again how to use it. :)"

Click on your name above, and it will take you to your wall where you can enjoy your achievements.

message 45: by PattyMacDotComma (new)

PattyMacDotComma | 743 comments Janice wrote: "PattyMacDotComma wrote: "Kristie wrote: "Started a wall for PattyMacDotComma."

Thanks! Now all I have to do is go find out again how to use it. :)"

Click on your name above, and it will take you ..."

Done! thanks :)

message 46: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 6 comments Is Stacy already taken, or can I use that name?

message 47: by Rusalka, Moderator (last edited Jan 11, 2019 12:19AM) (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17853 comments We have had another Stacy claim it recently. Is there an initial or location or something you would like to add to Stacy?

When you report completing a challenge or activity you need to tell us your Wall of Fame (WOF) name, so just let us know what you would like and we can name your Wall accordingly.
Ie. if there was a Rusalka_Canberra and a Rusalka_London, the mods wouldn't have to remember which Rusalka lives where, as we include our Wall name when we report.

message 48: by Diane (new)

Diane H Please make my WOF name Di

message 49: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51931 comments Diane wrote: "Please make my WOF name Di"

Will do! Thanks Diane.

message 50: by Diane (new)

Diane H Thank You !!

« previous 1 3 4 5