Start by marking “The Storm Sister (The Seven Sisters #2)” as Want to Read:
The Storm Sister (The Seven Sisters #2)

The Storm Sister

(The Seven Sisters #2)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  23,084 ratings  ·  1,585 reviews
Ally D'Aplièse is about to compete in one of the world's most perilous yacht races, when she hears the news of her adoptive father's sudden, mysterious death. Rushing back to meet her five sisters at their family home, she discovers that her father - an elusive billionaire affectionately known to his daughters as Pa Salt - has left each of them a tantalising clue to their ...more
Published March 22nd 2016 by Atria Books (first published October 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Storm Sister, please sign up.
Lucinda Riley Hi Hannah! You don't have to read them in order, as each sister's novel is a standalone story. However, there is a hidden plot line running through ou…moreHi Hannah! You don't have to read them in order, as each sister's novel is a standalone story. However, there is a hidden plot line running through out each of them, with clues in each book! X(less)
Lucinda Riley What an interesting question! The hardest aspect is keeping track of where all my girls are and making sure the continuity is perfect in all the books…moreWhat an interesting question! The hardest aspect is keeping track of where all my girls are and making sure the continuity is perfect in all the books of the series. I am currently working on Tiggy's book, the fifth in the series, and that means double checking where she has been in the previous four books. X(less)

·  23,084 ratings  ·  1,585 reviews

Start your review of The Storm Sister (The Seven Sisters #2)
Lori
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The second novel in Riley's Seven Sisters series has taken me on another amazing journey. I love that each story explores a new historical figure... in this novel that person is Norwegian composer Grieg. Also, the mystery of Pa Salt and the overall part he plays in the girls pasts is again touched upon. I'm not sure that I enjoyed Ally's story as much as Maia's, but this is still very solid and entertaining. I am looking forward to continuing this series with the D’Apliese sisters and seeing wha ...more
Aditi
“We do not have to be ashamed of what we are. As sentient beings we have wonderful backgrounds. These backgrounds may not be particularly enlightened or peaceful or intelligent. Nevertheless, we have soil good enough to cultivate; we can plant anything in it.”

----Chögyam Trungpa

Lucinda Riley, an Irish international bestselling author, pens her second book, The Storm Sister in her series called The Seven Sisters. This soul-touching and engrossing book narrates the story of the second eldest si
Caroline
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, this book was not my cup of tea. Hence, two stars. Nevertheless, there are things I did enjoy about this book. Here are the most important ones:

- Lucinda Riley is very good at plotting and crafting interconnecting storylines. That's the reason I started this series at all and in this department, she hasn't let me down.
- Anna. I liked her characterization, I liked her consistency, I liked that she was neither a wild rebel nor the I-want-romance-but-have-little-personality-beyond-th
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
The Storm Sister is the second book in the Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley and the book is amazing! All the books in the series are written in a way that does not matter if you read them in whatever order you want. However, I would say that it's a good idea to read them from the beginning, in order to follow the seven adopted sisters while each of them finds their roots. There are some things happening in their lives in the books that may be interesting to follow chronologically.

In The
Jess☺️
Apr 19, 2020 rated it liked it
The Storm Sister by Lucinda Riley is book 2 in The Seven Sister series I had great expectations for this one because I absolutely loved the first book 😍 but this one I found didn't really hold my interest for very long.
These books flip from today and then right back to great grandparents time which is a lovely Idea and normally works but we get such a heartbreaking start before the first step back in time I wasn't really interested.
I love the whole seven different adopted sister's and their rich
Claire Robinson
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - The moment is all we have. Stars!

The Storm Sister is the second book in Lucinda Riley’s The Seven Sisters series. Having read and enjoyed the first book, I have to say I was eagerly awaiting Ally’s story. But be warned this isn’t a book you pick up and read in a couple of hours, it’s one of those stories that demands you pay attention but at the same time you get lost in its pages.

In moments of weakness you will find your greatest strength.

We begin in 2007 with Ally discovering the
Anneta K.
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Story within a story,within a story.It could have been great but all this separate narratives comfused me.Five generations of Hallvorsen all mixed up in a huge book.Pip's story was absolutely useless.Anna's story was the one i mostly enjoyed.An interesting book which i would prefer much more had it been shorter and not so detailed.The first book of the series,the storm sisters,is much more interesting than this but ok i give it three stars since it wasn't that awful,in fact quite enjoying!!!!
Ashley Daviau
I’m sad to say that I didn’t enjoy this book nearly as much as the first in the series and there’s two main reasons for that. The first and most important being that I just didn’t connect with Ally like I did with Maia. And when I don’t connect with the characters, I really struggle to get into a book. The second reason is that I was really hoping the mythology of the Seven Sisters would be further explored in this book but there was big fat zilch about it. The story was still incredibly interes ...more
sarah
Apr 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
woow. Lucinda Riley is really stressing me out with the endings of her books. I want to know how this will all turn out in the end but after reading the "authors note" it seems I have to wait until book 7 comes out. Which may take some time.

I really the last ~25% of this book. I'd say they would be a 4.5 star, but the first 75%.. idk. It felt too similar to the story in the first book and I was scared that this would become the general pattern in all stories of the 6 sisters. But the way the st
Kirstie
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A massive book that kept me gripped. I can’t wait to read the other sisters’ stories. This is so cleverly written in that you can read them in any order. You get snippets about other sisters but not in a distracting way.
Very cleverly written and totally enthralled me
Isa
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story is interesting but the dialogues are unnecesarily long and repetitive. I found it boring and could wait to finish it.
Freda Malone
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Without a doubt this series is going to be one that will go above and beyond a mere existence. The second sister, Ally (Alcyone), one of the 7 sisters of the Pleiades, is just as confused as she learns that each of her siblings as well as herself, have been left clues by their adopted father, Pa Salt, to learn where they come from. Ally's corner of the globe exists in the Norwegian area where music is the epitome of an artistic and orchestrated story. Ally's biological history lies here, and tho ...more
Zoe
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating, enchanting and bittersweet!

This story is predominantly set in Norway during the late 1800s, as well as present day, and is told from two different perspectives, Ally, a young sailor who journeys to Scandinavia to unravel the mystery surrounding her ancestry after suffering heartbreaking tragedies; and Anna a country girl with an angelic voice that at times was not only a blessing but a curse.

The story, itself, is a dramatic tale filled with family, love, loss, grief, introspection,
Elizabeth
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
Absolutely amazing! I was bound to this book for days. I read a little each day trying to digest it before moving on.

First of all, this is second in "The Seven Sisters series." I highly recommend you read the first book in the series before moving on to "The Storm Sister" because you get so much background from the first book. "The Storm Sister" is a beautifully written novel about Ally, the second sister. She is an adventurer (at least to me). She crews on racing yachts all over the world and
RoseMary Achey
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sheer size of this book caused me to set it aside for a couple months…this was a mistake. Once I started reading, the 683 pages flew! There is a story within the story in this well crafty dual-time novel and both are equally compelling. After reading much of the book twice, I am still unable to solve the Pa Salt mystery….Book Club and Goodread friends-where did Pa Salt get the frog?
Littlebookworm
The second in her Seven Sisters series, the Storm Sister follows Ally, a strong and fiery character with a passion for sailing. The story once again starts off with Pa Salt's mysterious death and bequest to all his daughters, leaving them clues as to their true heritage. For Ally though, Pa Salt's death is just one event in what proves to be rather an emotional roller-coaster period in her life; as she finds herself thrown from incredible highs to devastating lows. Yet just when she is left at h ...more
Thebooktrail
1875, 2007: The epic second tale about the second of the Seven Sisters taking you from the shores of Lake Geneva, via Greece, Bergen/Oslo and Liepzig

Ally D’Aplièse is about to compete in one of the world’s most exhilarating but dangerous yacht races in the middle of the Aegean sea when she learns that her adoptive father has died suddenly. When she returns home to Geneva, she finds that along with her sisters, Pa Salt as he was affectionately known has left each of them a clue as to their true h
Anna
The Storm Sister is the second installment of the planned Seven Sisters series, each book focusing on one sister. Pa Salt was a wealthy man who adopted six baby girls (yes six, not seven - why?) from all over the world and brought them up with love, luxury and opportunity at his lakeside castle in Geneva. Now he's dead and has bequeathed an envelope of clues for each daughter should they wish to trace their roots. The second sister is Ally....

Growing up, Ally had two big passions: sailing and mu
Diane Lynn

This was a very satisfying addition to the Seven Sisters series. It appears all the books will start at about the same point, the death of Pa Salt. I found that a good way to make everything fresh in my mind.

In this second book of the series we get Ally's (Alcyone's) story. Sailing is a big part of Ally's life. She grew up sailing with Pa Salt and has fond memories of the days spent on the lake with him. She is seriously into competitive racing and wants to try out for the Swiss Olympic
Alisha
Another fantastic story from Lucinda Riley. Her stories and characters are so vivid and I appreciate all the research she does that goes into the plot.

I love when a book makes me want to do further research on a topic and I definitely did with this one, I was listening to the beautiful music of Peer Gynt as I devoured this wonderful story.

My only gripe with this book is it didn't provide anymore details on the mysterious Pa Salt and that I have a long wait before till the next book, The Shadow
Oda Renate
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this slightly more than the first book, but so many aspects with this book frustrated me that I wouldent recomend it.
Winter
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
4,5 Stars

A great continuation to the series. It was very interesting to see Norway from the eyes of someone not Norwegian. I'm definitely continuing and already bought the next book.
~Sofia~
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having stayed up till 1.30am this morning to finish the book, my last thought as I drifted off to sleep was, how am I possibly going to put into words how remarkable not only this book is, but the whole series. I have yet to read the rest of the series but I know that this year is going to be good year of reading for me, and it’s all down to these wonderful books Riley has written.

Ally is the second eldest sister and therefore the second book in the series. Ally has a love of sailing and is mus
Cress
The Lit Bitch
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
TAKE TWO REVIEW

So as some of you know, I am going back through the Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley but this time listening to them on audiobooks. Right now it’s kind of an ‘at your own pace’ type of deal since I am listening to them in my car when I run errands so it’s taking forever to make my way through.

But I love Lucinda Riley so I am eager to keep listening and enjoying her books. When I first reviewed this book, I had a hard time with it mostly because it was so sad. While
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
When I finished reading The Seven Sisters I was in a trance. It was the first book I read by Lucinda Riley, and I was hooked. I read The Midnight Rose afterward and I fell in love even more. If I could describe her books I would say they are luxuries and rich. The pages smell like money.

I ordered the rest of her older books and preordered this book. My copy of the cover is gorgeous, the girl on it reminds me of Blake Lively and the southern lights are amazing.

When I read the first book I wasn't
Blup
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Although I read this book in a day, it is an easy holiday read. It left me a bit disappointed.

While I loved all the details on cristo redentor in the first book I felt the same dept wasn't applied to the music in this book. This book just felt too soapy for me. Just too much romance and drama. By page 100 I felt like kicking the main character. The book was also so much more predictable than than the first.

I do still look forward to the next installment. These are the kind of books that you wan
Jaksen
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is from an update; the final review has been lost.

“Won it, just started reading it and it's sort of dull. Yes, I said D U L L. What am I missing? Stereotyped characters, flat dialogue and yes we need to have 'Titian' hair and blue eyes and talk about it, a lot, and he must have green eyes and please remind me of this fact every ten pages or so. WHAT am I Missing? I will keep reading though ..."

I did keep reading, read about halfway in and then threw in the pale aqua, terrycloth towel. Also,
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read_in_2017
Dear author: This rhetoric that you have regarding an adopted child finding their “real” parents has to stop. It’s incredibly insulting to the parents who have raised children. Helped with homework and nursed them back to health. Sometimes that person is the biological parent. Other times it is not. Don’t relegate these people to second-class parents due to lack of a shared gene pool. It’s cheap and hurtful.
Julia
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Storm Sister by Lucinda Riley is a fascinating historical and contemporary tale about roots and identity. It is the second book in the Seven Sisters series but can be read as a stand-alone.
The book has three distinct time periods – 1875, late 1930’s and 2007. The stories all weave together to form a fabulous whole. There are real historical figures in the tale as fact blends with fiction to entertain and inform.
Set in Norway, Leipzig and England to name but a few, the reader is in for a real
Play Book Tag: The Storm Sister / Lucinda Riley. 4 stars 19 20 Jul 30, 2019 06:57PM
Play Book Tag: The Storm Sister by Lucinda Riley 3 stars 9 14 Mar 02, 2019 04:45PM

• Biserna sestra
  • Tropenbruid
  • Rinkeldekink
  • 't Hooge Nest
  • Familiegeheimen (Holleeder trilogie, # 3)
  • Patty: de negen levens van Patty Brard
  • Het moois dat we delen
  • Schilderslief
  • De stroopwafelshop
  • List of Books by Lucinda Riley: The Seven Sisters Series and list of all Lucinda Riley Books
  • House of Correction
  • Je bent jong en je krijgt wat
  • De meeste mensen deugen
  • The Temptation of Gracie
  • De vergeten Deverill
  • Pukija (Syrjästäkatsojan tarinoita #8)
  • Façade
  • Golden Cage
AKA: Lucinda Edmonds
Lucinda Riley was born in Ireland, and after an early career as an actress in film, theatre and television, wrote her first book aged twenty-four. Her books have been translated into thirty-seven languages and sold twenty-five million copies worldwide. She is a No.1 Sunday Times and New York Times bestseller.

Lucinda is currently writing The Seven Sisters series, which tells the

The Seven Sisters (6 books)
  • The Seven Sisters (The Seven Sisters, #1)
  • The Shadow Sister (The Seven Sisters #3)
  • The Pearl Sister (The Seven Sisters #4)
  • The Moon Sister (The Seven Sisters, #5)
  • The Sun Sister (The Seven Sisters, #6)

News & Interviews

“...at some point, you have to make the decision between losing the person you love and your own sanity.” 7 likes
“...much of the irritation people feel at personal observations was usually because there was a grain of truth in them.” 3 likes