You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Wall of Fame > Dom's Wall

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by jaxnsmom (last edited Nov 04, 2014 10:22AM) (new)

message 2: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8271 comments Congratulations on your first Toppler and your first badge!

message 3: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2768 comments Congrats, my friend!

message 4: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Thank you guys!;-)

message 5: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48013 comments Congrats on your first badge!

message 6: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Janice wrote: "Congrats on your first badge!"

Thanks Janice!

message 7: by Paakhi (new)

Paakhi Srivastava (pankh) | 199 comments Congrats Dominique for your first batch! looks gud!

message 8: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Paakhi wrote: "Congrats Dominique for your first batch! looks gud!"

message 9: by Debby (new)

Debby Smith | 21 comments Congratulations, Dominique. What did you do in order to earn it?

message 10: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Debby wrote: "Congratulations, Dominique. What did you do in order to earn it?"

I participated on my first Toppler.

message 11: by Paakhi (new)

Paakhi Srivastava (pankh) | 199 comments It was my first toppler too. Wasn't it fun? I read 4 books in a week, though i don't remember any bit of the last one..lol... how was ur experience?

message 12: by Debby (new)

Debby Smith | 21 comments I have been reading Chunkster books. I have not tried a Topplers.

message 13: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Paakhi wrote: "It was my first toppler too. Wasn't it fun? I read 4 books in a week, though i don't remember any bit of the last one..lol... how was ur experience?"

I read 3 books, I wanted to read a 4th one but I had a busy week at work so my last book I finished it the day before it was over. I really like the idea of the Toppler, made me read books I was going to read but at a later time.

Did you enjoy it?

message 14: by Paakhi (new)

Paakhi Srivastava (pankh) | 199 comments I got to start reading for Chunskster too... Next toppler will be in December i think. You must tak part in it...i thoroughly enjoyed the last one. :)

message 15: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Debby wrote: "I have been reading Chunkster books. I have not tried a Topplers."

IT was fun. I joined the group a couple of days before the Toppler started and I jumped in.

message 16: by Paakhi (new)

Paakhi Srivastava (pankh) | 199 comments Loved it Dominique! It was well organised and so much fun!

message 17: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Paakhi wrote: "Loved it Dominique! It was well organised and so much fun!"

It was! Will be joining the other ones.

message 18: by Paakhi (new)

Paakhi Srivastava (pankh) | 199 comments Yeah likewise!

message 19: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Paakhi wrote: "Yeah likewise!"

We might end up in the same team!

message 20: by Paakhi (new)

Paakhi Srivastava (pankh) | 199 comments Lol!!! Looking forward to that!

message 21: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Paakhi wrote: "Lol!!! Looking forward to that!"

Cool!

message 22: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19799 comments Congratulations on your first badge and your first toppler! I followed and read all of the comments from all of the teams. I am glad you all had such a great time and read some good books!

message 23: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Cherie wrote: "Congratulations on your first badge and your first toppler! I followed and read all of the comments from all of the teams. I am glad you all had such a great time and read some good books!"

Thanks. Did you enjoy yourself?

message 24: by Debby (new)

Debby Smith | 21 comments Dominique wrote: "Debby wrote: "I have been reading Chunkster books. I have not tried a Topplers."

IT was fun. I joined the group a couple of days before the Toppler started and I jumped in."

Good for you.

message 25: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Debby wrote: "Dominique wrote: "Debby wrote: "I have been reading Chunkster books. I have not tried a Topplers."

IT was fun. I joined the group a couple of days before the Toppler started and I jumped in."

Go..."

Thanks

message 26: by Ari (new)

Ari | 85 comments Congratulations on your first badge, Dom! I enjoyed doing the Toppler with you. What did you end up thinking of The Remains of the Day?

message 27: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Ari wrote: "Congratulations on your first badge, Dom! I enjoyed doing the Toppler with you. What did you end up thinking of The Remains of the Day?"

I actually liked it. The writing was well done. I never saw the movie but I might eventually.

message 28: by Ari (new)

Ari | 85 comments Yeah, I've never seen the movie either. I loved the writing style, but the story was so sad, I don't think I could handle it in movie form.

message 29: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Ari wrote: "Yeah, I've never seen the movie either. I loved the writing style, but the story was so sad, I don't think I could handle it in movie form."

I know it was but it`s with Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thomson so I have to see it!

message 30: by Mariab (new)

Mariab | 3059 comments @Ari. The movie is wonderful. a must

message 31: by Mariab (new)

Mariab | 3059 comments @Ari, the movie is wonderful. A must.

message 32: by Ari (new)

Ari | 85 comments Oh! Emma Thomson is one of my favorite actresses and with Mariab liking it, maybe I should check it out after all.

message 33: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Ari wrote: "Oh! Emma Thomson is one of my favorite actresses and with Mariab liking it, maybe I should check it out after all."

I'll probably watch it during the xmas break in my pjs

message 34: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19799 comments Hi Dominique, I just got back to your post. I did not participate in the Toppler this time because of work and other stresses, but it did not stop me from following along.

I wanted to comment on the book you and Connie were discussing. I have not read it yet but want to. I did not know there was a movie, but I may have heard some of it in an audio book. If it is the same story, it was narrated by Anthony Hopkins. I never knew the title. I was driving with a friend and she asked me if I would like to listen. What I heard was wonderful, but I did not have a CD player in my car nor one at home to borrow it from her after she was done. It was a long time ago.

message 35: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Cherie wrote: "Hi Dominique, I just got back to your post. I did not participate in the Toppler this time because of work and other stresses, but it did not stop me from following along.

I wanted to comment ..."

Hi Cherie,

If it's him doing the audio, I have to listen to it. I plan on watching the movie during the xmas break. It's a sad but beautiful book and I do recommend it!

message 36: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19799 comments I checked around and do not think it was him narrating, nor even the right book. My library has the DVD of the movie. I will have to request it. Their only copy was out today when I went to see. Looks like Simon Preebles does the audiobook on Audible, but it is not available on Overdrive. I will probably read it - someday.

message 37: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Cherie wrote: "I checked around and do not think it was him narrating, nor even the right book. My library has the DVD of the movie. I will have to request it. Their only copy was out today when I went to see...."

It`s not a big book so it`s pretty fast read.

message 38: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19799 comments Dominique wrote: "Cherie wrote: "I checked around and do not think it was him narrating, nor even the right book. My library has the DVD of the movie. I will have to request it. Their only copy was out today when..."

It is on my TBR list. ;)

message 39: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Cherie wrote: "Dominique wrote: "Cherie wrote: "I checked around and do not think it was him narrating, nor even the right book. My library has the DVD of the movie. I will have to request it. Their only copy ..."

When you do read it, tell me what you think!

message 40: by jaxnsmom (last edited Feb 23, 2015 05:30PM) (new)

message 41: by Janice, Moderator (new)

message 42: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2768 comments Congrats Dom!

message 43: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19799 comments That was a long time coming, Dom, but you did it! Congratulations!

message 44: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "Congratulations on your first Toppler and your first badge!"

Thank you!

message 45: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Jannene wrote: "Congrats Dom!"

Thanks. I have to catch up!

message 46: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Cherie wrote: "That was a long time coming, Dom, but you did it! Congratulations!"

Beginning of 2015 was busy for me. Now l'm back on track!

message 47: by Janice, Moderator (new)

message 48: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19799 comments Sam and Sally are kicking up their heels. Can't you tell how glad they are to be on your wall?

message 49: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 1075 comments Cherie wrote: "Sam and Sally are kicking up their heels. Can't you tell how glad they are to be on your wall?"

It's so cute!

message 50: by jaxnsmom (new)

« previous 1

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Remains of the Day (other topics)