Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Buddy Read Trackers > Bea's Buddy Read Tracker

Comments Showing 1-50 of 123 (123 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Bea (last edited Feb 06, 2020 04:31AM) (new)

Bea | 2050 comments End of February/Beginninf of March: The Thief

March

5th March: Inda
15th March: Dragon Keeper

message 2: by Bea (last edited Feb 06, 2020 04:27AM) (new)

message 3: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5783 comments I'm amazed you managed to hold until now before creating your tracker. I had mine (and a crazy schedule) within two weeks of joining this group. Looks like you're more sensible and restrained than me x)

Are you aiming at 4 buddy-reads a month, or is that a coincidence? ;)

message 4: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Haha, no it's a coincidence. I will probably add more books for the coming months. We'll see.

I don't even know why it took me so long to create my own tracker but better late than never ;)

message 5: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5783 comments Oh! I'm actually trying to get four buddy-reads per month, and failing miserably! You're doing a better job by accident lol.

Welcome to the over-scheduling rabbit hole!

message 6: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Well, if I'll actually manage to do all the buddy reads I'm planning is another question :)

Yes, I'm the person who always has to know and plan everything beforehand (and then it usually comes totally different lol). I'll need to slow down when I start stressing myself (which I do to often).

Also, 2018 has been a very enthusiastic reading year for me so far but I don't know if my average number of books per month will drop down again in the future.

message 7: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5783 comments Oh, a fellow planner-organizer!
*tries to summon Niki to this thread* Captaiiiiiin, we need Bea in our team! :D

2018 has been great for me too, partly thanks to this group :D I hope you'll manage to hold your reading pace and get to plenty of good books ^_^

message 8: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments I feel like I have to make up for the years in which I haven't been reading (I only started reading again about one and a half years ago) and Goodreads is definitely fuelling that enthusiasm!

My signup seems to be still pending but I would be happy to be accepted in your team :)

message 9: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7558 comments Mod
Yeah, sorry, the mods are still trying too coordinate and everyone is kind of busy. Thank you for your patience. :)

Virginie, that was creepy. It worked.

message 10: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Accio Niki! Oh, there she is! ;)

No problem, I really appreciate what you mods do for the group in your free time, so I don't mind waiting a bit :)

message 11: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5783 comments Oh, I didn't mean to accuse the mods or anything. You guys are doing a wonderful job :)

I just thought that... Bea seems to be an 'organizer' just like us. With her in the team, we'd be invincible and able to take over the world with lists and plannings.

message 12: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5783 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "Virginie, that was creepy. It worked."

Yup, that's me. Creepy but efficient. ;)

message 13: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Virginie wrote: "I just thought that... Bea seems to be an 'organizer' just like us. With her in the team, we'd be invincible..."

I feel kind off flattered now :)

Besides that, I added The Shadow of What Was Lost for December

message 14: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5783 comments Yay! We'll read it together then :D

message 15: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments So many BRs around 20th to 25th July...help, I need more time to read!

message 16: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5045 comments Bea wrote: "I need more time to read!"

Haha, that's a common problem! Good Luck working out a feasible plan :)
And do tell us, if you figure out the secret of more reading time!

message 17: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Well, since the Ministry of Magic refused to send me a timeturner I need to find a different solution lol
At least I know I'll have more time once this semester's exams are done :)

message 18: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Tracker is finally up to date again.
Note to self: no more BRs in September ;)

message 19: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5783 comments Bea wrote: "Note to self: no more BRs in September ;)"

Haha. If you need to make that note, you already lost :)

message 20: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5045 comments Your September looks scary! Damned scary!
But it looks like you've still got some time in October, that's great because you're reading Traitor's Blade with us ;)

You should come over to Hailee's Challenge and set a date with us: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 21: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Your September looks scary! Damned scary!
But it looks like you've still got some time in October, that's great because you're reading Traitor's Blade with us ;)

You should come o..."

I know!! I might pass on Time of Contempt, though, if I can´t find the time.

Am I? If Sir Anni the Arbiter of Buddy Reads says so ;)
*follows knightly request and goes over to Hailee*

message 22: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5045 comments Haha, I like my new title and the power it comprised!

message 23: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments :D

message 24: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Added Wuthering Heights for Zaara and Co ;)

message 25: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5045 comments Oh, that's a really cool name! :)

I guess I'm still in the phase of denying, there's nothing wrong with me hugging books, no no no!

message 26: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Great name!

message 27: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Lol love the title. I could use a session of book hugging counciling haha.

message 28: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

I know I spelled that wrong. Stupid phone was fighting me lol

message 29: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Thanks guys! Free counselling for all here! :)

Book hugging is actually highly beneficial to your health according to a brand new study by the department of psychology of Bookland University.
Participants hugging a book once a day were compared to participants who didn't hug books at all.
The results showed significant effects of daily book hugging on serotonin production.
Book huggers scored significantly lower on depression and anxiety scales and reported to be less stressed than the non book hugging control group.
Researchers even go as far as speculating that daily book hugging can help to prevent cardiovascular diseases as well as cancer.

So hug your books, guys, there's nothing wrong with it! ^^

message 30: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments What about Kindle hugging?

message 31: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7991 comments Bea wrote: "Thanks guys! Free counselling for all here! :)

Book hugging is actually highly beneficial to your health according to a brand new study by the department of psychology of Bookland University.
Part..."

Should this be a legit study? 😅 I think so.

message 32: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5045 comments Bea wrote: "Thanks guys! Free counselling for all here! :)

Part..."

Sounds totally reasonable! I'll go and hug some books right now, all in the name of my health!

message 33: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Karishma wrote: "What about Kindle hugging?"

Well, Snob et al. could not find significant effects of e-reader hugging and argued that this is due to the lack of natural fibers, however they used a very small sample size and a questionable design so I wouldn't trust their results.
In my experience the effectiveness of e-reader hugging is mediated by how attached you are to your e-reader. So if it brings you joy and lifts your spirits to have it around you, you should definitely profit from hugging it! :)

message 34: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Siobhan wrote: "Bea wrote: "Thanks guys! Free counselling for all here! :)

Book hugging is actually highly beneficial to your health according to a brand new study by the department of psychology of Bookland Univ..."

It is! Or do you doubt the legitimacy of Bookland University? 😉

message 35: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Bea wrote: "Thanks guys! Free counselling for all here! :)

Book hugging is actually highly beneficial to your health according to a brand new study by the department of psychology of Bookland Univ..."

Do that, it will be very good for you! 😊

message 36: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7991 comments Bea wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Bea wrote: "Thanks guys! Free counselling for all here! :)

Book hugging is actually highly beneficial to your health according to a brand new study by the department of psychology ..."

I do not doubt it! When can I enroll?! XD

message 37: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Very attached! It's god's gift to me!

I have very few paperbacks.

*Goes to hug lord of the rings just in case*

message 38: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Siobhan wrote: "Bea wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Bea wrote: "Thanks guys! Free counselling for all here! :)

Book hugging is actually highly beneficial to your health according to a brand new study by the department of..."

The deadline for enrollment is September 30th if you want to start in this winter term :)

message 39: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5045 comments Do you think they are looking for Scientists at Bookland University? This study sounds very interesting!

message 40: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7991 comments Wow, Bea, your September looks really busy!!

message 41: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Karishma wrote: "Very attached! It's god's gift to me!

I have very few paperbacks.

*Goes to hug lord of the rings just in case*"

Then all is well!
But do still hug LotR, big books are especially effective 😉

message 42: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7991 comments Bea wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Bea wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Bea wrote: "Thanks guys! Free counselling for all here! :)

Book hugging is actually highly beneficial to your health according to a brand new study by t..."

Oh that's my birthday! It's like serendipity! XD

message 43: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7991 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Do you think they are looking for Scientists at Bookland University? This study sounds very interesting!"

I bet they are!

message 44: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Siobhan wrote: "Wow, Bea, your September looks really busy!!"

I know!!!
That's a fun coincidence, haha (it's fate!) 🤣

Sir Anni wrote: "Do you think they are looking for Scientists at Bookland University? This study sounds very interesting!"

Sure, they always need new scientists! Send your application to nerdy.research@bookland.com ;)

message 45: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments The beginning of October is already looking scary...

Also added Curse of the Mistwraith for February 2019 because you have to plan for the future, right?

That means two 10 book series in 2019...what am I getting myself into?

message 46: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7991 comments Hmm yes your October is certainly a bit top heavy! My September was the same, I started them all and will be reading the same books all month XD

message 47: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5045 comments Actually I think your September looks scary too and it seems like you're doing great, so: You can do it! :)

message 48: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Actually I think your September looks scary too and it seems like you're doing great, so: You can do it! :)"

Yes, so far September went pretty well but I definitely want to do less BRs in the future. All that scheduled reading is stressing me out a little bit and that's not what reading should do!
Besides, uni will start again in the middle of October so I will have less time anyway.

Siobhan wrote: "Hmm yes your October is certainly a bit top heavy! My September was the same, I started them all and will be reading the same books all month XD"

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure if I really want to read Night of Knives, though...after all these BRs are through I want to do a bit less.

message 49: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments As if my October wasn't top heavy enough I now saw that Scourge of the Betrayer also starts on the 1st. I'll probably not get to it but I added it for completeness' sake.

message 50: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2050 comments I managed to forget adding the Traitor's Blade BR and buying the book with my last book order...
Memo: always add buddy reads in time!

« previous 1 3