Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archive-2018 Lst Challenges > July Listener of the Month - Paris (kerbytejas)

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 02, 2018 06:28PM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4709 comments Mod
This new challenge will help you reduce your TBR shelf and get to know some of our members better.

Here’s how it works
1. Each month we will randomly select a member to be our group focus.
2. The challenge will be to listen to at least two books from her/his shelf that are rated at least 4 stars and is on your TBR shelf (re-listens are acceptable).
3. Use the Goodreads compare tool to filter the ratings from high to low to make your selections easier.
4. The challenge will be from July 1 - July 31, 2018

Our July Listener of the Month is Paris (kerbytejas). Check out her shelf and don’t forget to use the compare tool.

The person of the month may choose two books from the shelves of any of the members participating in this challenge.

Copy & paste the template below to create your own post and join the challenge.

July Listener of the Month - Paris (kerbytejas)
Duration
: 7/1/18 - 7/31/18
Progress: 0/2

Jonetta
KathyB
Karin
Renégade ♥
Samantha
Sassafras

message 2: by Samantha (last edited Jul 30, 2018 04:17PM) (new)

Samantha | 2027 comments Mod
July Listener of the Month - Paris (kerbytejas)
Duration: 7/1/18 - 7/31/18
Progress: 2/2

1. The Night Bird by Brian Freeman 7/30/18
2. Among the Wicked by Linda Castillo 7/26/18

The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1) by Brian Freeman Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8) by Linda Castillo

message 3: by Jonetta (last edited Oct 20, 2018 08:00PM) (new)

July Listener of the Month - Paris (kerbytejas)***Complete***
Duration
: 7/1/18 - 7/31/18

✔1. Broken Promise by Linwood Barclay 10/20/18
✔2. The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen 9/11/18
Broken Promise (Promise Falls, #1) by Linwood Barclay The Keepsake (Rizzoli & Isles, #7) by Tess Gerritsen

message 4: by Renegade ♥ (last edited Dec 12, 2018 08:13PM) (new)

Renegade ♥ (renegadeheart) | 280 comments July Listener of the Month - Paris (kerbytejas)
Progress: 2/2 COMPLETE

1. Asking for Trouble by Tessa Bailey - 08/29/18
2. The Search by Nora Roberts - 12/12/18

Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4) by Tessa Bailey The Search by Nora Roberts

ETA:

I have not gotten much reading done this month due to RL and all my book challenges have pretty much fallen by the wayside as a result. My hope is to come back and choose a couple books from Paris' shelves and read them at some point during the remainder of the year -- fingers crossed!

message 5: by Renegade ♥ (new)

Renegade ♥ (renegadeheart) | 280 comments Samantha & Jonetta - I've noticed that both of you have the word 'Progress' aligned with 'July Listener...' and 'Progress'.

Could you please tell me how to do that?

message 6: by Samantha (last edited Jun 30, 2018 11:07AM) (new)

Hi Renegade,

I just copied what Jonetta wrote in message 1 and then made it bold.

message 7: by Renegade ♥ (last edited Jun 30, 2018 11:06AM) (new)

Renegade ♥ (renegadeheart) | 280 comments Samantha wrote: "Hi Renegade,

I just copied what Jonetta wrote in message 2 and then made it bold."

Hmmm...

I just gave that a try to see what would happen and it still wouldn't align. I put it back to the way it was and then tried hitting the tab button and it wouldn't move 'Progress' over. Then I tried using the space bar and though I could see that it had moved over, when I hit the edit button, it still remained as it is above.

I guess I was wondering if there was some kind of html code that I needed to use, but if yours is aligned with only copying/pasting and bolding, then I'm not sure what's up with that...

Anyways, thanks, Samantha :)

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Maybe delete the message and try again?

Sorry but that was all I did.

message 9: by Renegade ♥ (last edited Jun 30, 2018 11:18AM) (new)

Renegade ♥ (renegadeheart) | 280 comments Samantha wrote: "Maybe delete the message and try again?

Sorry but that was all I did."

I've actually tried that before (because I liked the way it looked) and it didn't work. So I just thought maybe you all knew something I didn't and I'm always willing to ask/learn. *smile*

No worries - methinks it must just be mod magic at work! ;D

message 10: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 333 comments I think it's because the mod title is underneath their small avatar and that pushes the progress over to the side. for all the rest of "peons" we don't have anything beneath our avatars so it defaults over to the left margin. LOL

message 11: by Sassafrass (last edited Jun 30, 2018 07:31PM) (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 333 comments July Listener of the Month - Paris (kerbytejas)
Progress: 0/2

Into the Light
Kade's Dark Embrace
Devil's Game
Night Broken
Covet
Crave

message 12: by Renegade ♥ (new)

Renegade ♥ (renegadeheart) | 280 comments Sassafrass wrote: "I think it's because the mod title is underneath their small avatar and that pushes the progress over to the side. for all the rest of "peons" we don't have anything beneath our avatars so it defau..."

*LOL*

Good observation and I think you're probably right!

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Sassafrass wrote: "I think it's because the mod title is underneath their small avatar and that pushes the progress over to the side. for all the rest of "peons" we don't have anything beneath our avatars so it defau..."

That might be it. LOL

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

Sassafras, you’re correct (but not about the peons:)).

message 15: by Jonetta (last edited Jun 30, 2018 05:52PM) (new)

FYI, the compare tool won’t work typically as Paris doesn’t have all of her read books in the exclusive read shelf. She also has her books organized by the year read. You’ll have to change the shelves until you find those of interest.

message 16: by Samantha (last edited Jun 30, 2018 05:54PM) (new)

Good info. I went to all of her books and sorted by ratings. Or looked for books to help with with my challenges :)

message 17: by KathyB (last edited Jul 19, 2018 10:01AM) (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments July Listener of the Month - Paris (kerbytejas)
Progress: 2/2 - COMPLETE

1. Kill and Tell by Linda Howard (7/17)
2. Asking for Trouble by Tessa Bailey (7/19)

Kill and Tell (CIA Spies, #1) by Linda Howard Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4) by Tessa Bailey

message 18: by Karin (last edited Jul 31, 2018 02:37PM) (new)

Karin (aquariandancer) | 521 comments Listener of the Month - July: Paris (kerbytejas)
Duration: 7/1/18 - 7/30/18
Progress: 0/2 NOT COMPLETE

This month ended up being a complete re-read of several series. I did not get to any new books.

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta wrote: "July Listener of the Month - Paris (kerbytejas)***Complete***

✔1. Broken Promise by Linwood Barclay 10/20/18
✔2. [book:The ..."

I finally finished!

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Congrats Jonetta :)