L.E.a D.s Book Club discussion

Monthly Group Read Preparation > nominations and voting for August's group read

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle It's time to nominate books for August's group read. Please go ahead and suggest a book.

If you don't want to nominate your own book, you can second someone else's nomination instead. Only 5 books will be selected to be in the poll when it comes to voting. Nominations will close July 15th.

Review the nomination/voting rules before you post.

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melwyk) | 10 comments I'd suggest A Woman of Independent Means by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey - it's an interesting take on an American woman's life from 1899 - 1970. Lots to think about & a traditionally 'charming' style, mostly.

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Feiertag | 92 comments Mod
Melanie’s suggestion sounds really interesting.

message 4: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle A Woman of Independent Means does sound interesting, Ruth. Do you want to second Melanie's nomination or do you have a different book that you'd like to nominate?

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Feiertag | 92 comments Mod
Lanelle,

The only reason that I'm not seconding the nomination is that I'm not sure I'll get around to reading it, so I feel as if I shouldn't have a vote. But if no one else has a suggestion, then, yes — I'm seconding the nomination!

Ruth

message 6: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle I nominate Dear Enemy by Jean Webster. It is the sequel to her well-known book, Daddy-Long-Legs. It is free to read on gutenberg.org and free to listen to on Librivox.

message 7: by Lanelle (last edited Jul 15, 2018 08:37PM) (new)

Lanelle The poll is ready. You can find it at the bottom of our group's main page or follow the link I provided. Voting ends on the 25th of July.

August's group read poll

message 8: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melwyk) | 10 comments Lanelle wrote: "I nominate Dear Enemy by Jean Webster. It is the sequel to her well-known book, Daddy-Long-Legs. It is free to read on gutenberg.org and free to listen..."

Ooh, this is a good one too :)

message 9: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle Melanie wrote: "Ooh, this is a good one too :)"

Both books will be good stories to read. People are going to have a tough time deciding.

message 10: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle The voting is closed and the book we'll read in August is Dear Enemy.

Melanie, I hope you'll nominate A Woman of Independent Means again. I've already found a copy of it.