L.E.a D.s Book Club discussion

Monthly Group Read Preparation > Group Read Instructions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lanelle (last edited Sep 07, 2018 03:45PM) (new)

Lanelle In an effort to involve members in choosing the monthly reads, I am beginning a nomination and voting process.

description

Here are some guidelines:

Nominate a book that is in the epistolary style.

If you don't want to nominate your own book, you can second someone else's nomination instead, and that book will be entered an extra time in random.org - giving the book an additional chance to make the cut. Only 5 books will be selected to be in the poll when it comes to voting.

If you second a nomination, please make clear that is what you are doing. If someone nominates The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, you need to state "I second The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society".

A couple of points to consider when nominating a book:
- To allow enough time for as many people as possible to read, try and limit the page count to no more than 400 pages.

- To ensure the book is available for as many readers as possible, please consider whether your nomination is 1) still in print OR accessible on gutenberg.org 2) available as a reasonably-priced book (under $10) AND 3) published no less than 3 months ago.

- Please check the Group Book Shelf to ensure we haven't already read the book before nominating it.

- One nomination/seconding per person. Nominations will begin on the 1st of the month, and will end on the 15th of the month. Voting will last from the 16th through the 26th.

message 2: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle How often do we want to have a group read? Every month or every other month?

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melwyk) | 10 comments I think every other month is probably more manageable than monthly both for readers and for the moderator!

message 4: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle Melanie wrote: "I think every other month is probably more manageable than monthly both for readers and for the moderator!"

I agree with you, Melanie.

Any other thoughts?

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Feiertag | 92 comments Mod
A month to read and a month to discuss makes sense.

Ruth

message 6: by Sawako (new)

Sawako | 3 comments Lanelle wrote: "Melanie wrote: "I think every other month is probably more manageable than monthly both for readers and for the moderator!"

I agree with you, Melanie."

Same here. :D

message 7: by Lisa (last edited Sep 07, 2018 03:26PM) (new)

Lisa Lucca (lisalucca) | 8 comments Can an author nominate their own epistolary book?

message 8: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle Lisa wrote: "Can an author nominate their own epistolary book?"

Sure :)