What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Shapeshifter, Imaginary Friend

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary I read this back in like 2014/15? It’s a YA novel where the main character sits and talks to her friend at school which (spoilers from here really..) turns out to be imaginary and never existed in the first place. The main character rivals with another girl who turns out to be a shapeshifter that exposes the read to the main characters friend actually being made up. The shapeshifter gets close to other classmates and ends up ‘borrowing’ and keeping some of their personal items. This leads to the shapeshifter becoming more like them, but this also appears to drain that persons life from them and one girl ends up in hospital. There’s also a boy involved that helps out the MC and in the end they get rid of the shapeshifter at the shapeshifters party. I believe it involves them jumping into a pool or something along those lines. The shapeshifter lives with her grandmother and the grandmother is aware of what she is and always wears gloves because of this.
Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary Nevermind I found it, it’s this book https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...#