What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1)
This topic is about Birthmarked
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fiction: dystopian society where theres a desert and an "enclave" composed of the rich and elite. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (ctowns) | 3 comments Hi!! very sorry but I do not remember a whole lot of specifics. this was probably read in the late 2000s or early 2010s and I think it's YA. It takes place in a desert or smth and I don't remember a whole lot of plot but there's a rich community inside a walled area called the 'enclave' and I remember that a large part of the story was trying to smuggle a baby into or out of it. there's also something about blood types or blood testing, but i'm not sure how it fits into the story. a specific part i remember is one of the characters has eggs stolen from their chicken coop and the father/father figure said that whoever took them probably needed the eggs more than they did. there might have been public executions in this book. thank you so much in advance, this has been killing me!!

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 4 comments Sounds a bit like the Mad Max film with Tom Hardy!

message 4: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (ctowns) | 3 comments Hannah wrote: "Sounds a bit like the Mad Max film with Tom Hardy!"

Yeah you're right, it does a little!! Can't believe I didn't see those parallels.

message 5: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (ctowns) | 3 comments Ayshe wrote: "Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien?"

OH MY GOD yes!!! I think it is thank you sooooo much <3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Birthmarked (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Caragh M. O'Brien (other topics)