Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional Vampires discussion

Name Book Who Need There OWN Topic

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney What book totally need there own persoanly topic/disuccion

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld. It would go in the Future folder. You should read these Courtney! I love the series even more than The Hunger Games.

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney really no way! I know what their about and I know tons of people who read them.

message 4: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Samantha's right, if you haven't read The Uglies series yet, you should! They're really good!! :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

can you make a topic for warriors?

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Warriors? What's it about? What folder would it go in?

message 7: by Mackenzie (last edited Aug 24, 2009 10:28AM) (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) It's about four clans of cats who live in this forest and have to battle each other.. or something similar to that, I'm not completely sure, but my brother read a few of the books in the series.

As to what folder it should go in.. I'm not sure.. it has nothing to do with humans.. it's like.. fantasy? I guess.

message 8: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh, I just thought of a series that should have it's own topic.. I bought the first two books yesterday. It's the Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. The first two books in the series are The Awakening and The Struggle.

Just a suggestion though, you don't HAVE to make a thread for it if you don't want to. :)

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney No, I will. Did you know that book is turning into a TV show? it premires Sept 10th (my birthday) on the New CW or for me Channel 10.

message 10: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh really? I think I heard that in another group, that's quite interesting. :)

message 11: by Courtney (new)

Courtney yeah, I think I'll watch it! Even though I've never read the book. Maybe I should try to read it first

message 12: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Haha, maybe! If I get time before the show starts I'll read the books, but I think I've got about 30-35 books sitting aside that I want to read! And at least half of them are borrowed so I've been prioritizing which to read first and yeah, it's hard.. If only there was more time.. or if I could read faster.. LOL

message 13: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Lol, I always find myself wishing I had more time and could read faster. It sucks!

message 14: by Courtney (last edited Oct 14, 2009 02:42PM) (new)

Courtney OK, THIS GROUP WAS HOPPING FOR AWHILE THERE. AND NOW WE'RE LAME AGAIN. SO I WAS THINKIN, WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK OF STARTING A ROLEPLAY? OF COURSE YOUR IF YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED I WILL GIVE DIRECTIONS, BUT TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I HAVEN'T PLAYED THAT MUCH EITHER. OUR CHARACTERS CAN BE ANY FICTION CREATURE (EX: WEREWOLF, VAMP, SHADOWHUNTER, GOBLIN, SHAPE-SHIFTER) OR A HUMAN. SO WHO'S INTERESTED?

message 15: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Ack, sorry, no way. LOL, I come on often enough but that's just not something I'm into. :P

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney lol, ok. You don't have to make a commitment to it though.

message 17: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) haha, k good :P

message 18: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments I don't understand what this role-playing thing entails??

message 19: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (wickedreader) | 71 comments Me too!!! What would we have to do specificly

message 20: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Agrees with Mackenzie! :)

message 21: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Well for those of you who don't get it, it's when you make a character, name them and give them traits, then when a bunch of people have characters you kinda like make your characters interact and do stuff. Like I have this one rp character that's a vamp and is just meting the other characters. You kinda just write and act sort of.

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandag123) we should put morganville vampire series as a topic. their so good!

message 23: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments I know, they're one of my favourite series! Can't wait to get my hands on Carpe Corpus!

message 24: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I totally agree with you two, I love the Morganville Vampire series!!

message 25: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) me too!

message 26: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I haven't read it yet, but I def got too soon

message 27: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments I think my favourite character has got to be Myrnin for some reason. He's kinda crazy but I still love him!

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) Mortal Instruments

message 29: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Heather wrote: "Mortal Instruments

"

love that series

message 30: by Courtney (new)

Courtney That has their own topic already

message 31: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) wheres the graceling topic?

message 32: by Courtney (new)

Courtney there isn't, I was trying to get someone to tell my what folder I should put it under but I'm not sure what people said. Any ideas?

message 33: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) uh...magic maybe...i think the most correct would be' parallel universe' or something like that dont u think?

message 34: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments I'm not really sure either. Parallel universe could work, or maybe old world or historical? How can a book category be so confusing!

message 35: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) yeah...but parallel universe is such a broad concept!even twilight, the mi series and many others could be there.im not sure if thats a good thing...

message 36: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Well we have a magic folder so if it would fit okay there than that could work. What do you think?

message 37: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) maybe.what about 'alternative past'?or something alike

message 38: by Courtney (new)

Courtney well I don't have a folder for that one, I guess I could make one. Would anyother books you like fit there too?

message 39: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) fire

message 40: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) when the infernal devices come out, you can put them there or in the magic folder

message 41: by Courtney (new)

Courtney okay cool

message 42: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Who is the author of Fire, Leonor?

message 43: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments The same as Graceling, Fire's the prequel. They're both by Kristin Cashore.

message 44: by Courtney (new)

Courtney prequel? huh? sorry, lol. You mean like a book kinda like it but not in the series. Or like the second book?

message 45: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) its the second book but the story is before graceling if that makes sense

message 46: by Courtney (new)

Courtney oh, okay

message 47: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 31 comments And Bitterblue is coming out I think in Jan or March. Which is I think 8 years later from Graceling.
Has anyone here read the Books of Baren of Bayren (not sure which) by Shannon Hale? I have and I enjoyed them.

message 48: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 31 comments I would not be into the role play. Do we have a folder for Fairies? For books like Lamenent or Wicked Lovely. Just a suggestion.

message 49: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Yeah, there's already a folder those.
I've just looked at Goose Girl and it sounds pretty interesting. It's got a pretty high rating too, so it'll be going on my to-read list. Thanks for the recommendation!

αςΗΓεϒ♥♪ the dark divine <3
Fragile eternity
fallen :)

need a topicc!

« previous 1 3