Who's Your Author? discussion

General Book Talk > Kindle Worlds Closing

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4552 comments One of my author newsletters just mentioned that Kindle Worlds is shutting down in July and she said that leaves her book up in the air.

In other words she's not sure whether she'll be able to sell that book later on.

Not sure why they're closing, and I sure hope that we'll be able to buy them after July, cause a lot of my favourite authors and series have them and being a non US person, I couldn't buy them without going through some serious hoops.

What does everyone think? Did you buy these books? Are you going to buy them now in case they cease to be?

message 2: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4057 comments You know I did not read these, actually I am not all that sure what it is, was this the fanfic site where people could add on to other people stories?

But something is going on with amazon I heard on an author site they are also getting rid of Amazon Scout too.

message 3: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4552 comments Well, not fanfic, other well known authors would add stories in the worlds that had already been built.

Example, S.E. Smith's Magic New Mexico:
Original Series
Touch of Frost (Magic, New Mexico, #1) by S.E. Smith
Kindle Worlds
Tangling With Topper (Magic, New Mexico; My Crazy Alien Romance #1) by Donna McDonald Etched In Stone (Magic, New Mexico) by Susan Hayes In Graves Below (Magic, New Mexico) by Carol Van Natta Taste of Wicked (Magic, New Mexico) by Michelle Howard Touch of Fire (Magic, New Mexico) by Michele Callahan Guarding Grayson (Magic, New Mexico) by Cathryn Cade A Touch of Mayhem (Magic, New Mexico) by Geri Foster A Touch of Patience (Magic, New Mexico) by Evelyn Lederman etc

message 4: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4057 comments Oh that seems quite cool!
I wish I knew about them sooner. Will kindle let the authors keep the publishing rights?

message 5: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4552 comments One of my authors said she was planning to publish her ones. The other said she wasn't sure she'd be allowed. But things may have been clarified since that author posted.

So I'm not sure what's going on and none of the others has mentioned it. But I haven't gone searching for answers :)

message 6: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4057 comments I must say this is what concerns me about one company owning everything.

message 7: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4552 comments Yep, I resisted buying any kindle editions for a very long time, but its very convenient and I don't like epubs, which is why all my ebooks are PDF.

So I'm now as sucked in as most others, which is bad. :(

message 8: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4057 comments Same here but it seems like all of the indie publishing companies are just closing
Actually, I am not sure who the competition is anymore outside of Kobo.