Start by marking “Touch of Frost (Magic, New Mexico, #1)” as Want to Read:
Touch of Frost (Magic, New Mexico, #1)

(Magic, New Mexico #1)

Lacey Adams lives in the small town of Magic, New Mexico, where she devotes herself to the animals at her Touch of Magic Animal Shelter. The strange assortment of animals helps heal the pain and loneliness inside her since the death of her husband three years before.

Frost is a Star Ranger. He travels the star systems, bringing intergalactic fugitives to justice. When a ma
Published August 7th 2014 (first published July 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Touch of Frost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch of Frost

Trish R.
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great!

I first read this book August 29, 2014 and I absolutely loved it. I’ve often thought of reading it again, THEN I ran across it on audible and that settled it. I bought the audio and sat down to enjoy it again. I’ve never really been into alien books, which is strange since I love alien movies. But when I ran across this one in 2014 I decided to give it a chance, and I’m so glad I did. It was sooo magical.

I love, love, loved Topper. When she first showed up, in the first few pages, she had
Gail Koger
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fun, fast read. I loved her turning the hero into a bunny rabbit.
Malinda
4 stars

I found this story to be very enjoyable. I liked both Lacey and Frost and liked their story very much.

Lacey owns an animal shelter in the town of Magic, New Mexico. The whole town in made up of "unusual people" and Lacey is one of those with her magical abilities. Lacey was married to a man she grew up with but he died 3 years ago and she's been alone since.

Frost is an alien (with ice powers) that works as a Star Ranger, aka an interplanetary policeman/bounty hunter. Frost has been in th
Crysa James
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delightful! Another great by S.E.Smith. A complicated, entertaining and engrossing read. Looking forward to more in this series.
Tracy T.
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a fun book! (audible review)

This book was so much fun to listen too. I really liked the alien and the magic going on here. This town was awesome, I want to live there.

I liked all the characters, Lacey was hilarious! I liked that the witches didn't have to get scrying mirror and a bunch of herbs and 3 drops of blood to turn someone into a toad or something. It was great.

I liked Frost too. He was strong, handsome and could wield some ice. LOL
The chemistry between Lacey and Frost was pretty i
Pamela
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, reviewed, sci-fi
Talk about a quick, simple, fluffy romance that I found enjoyable. Not only is this a sci-fi romance, it's a paranormal one in every sense of the word. In order to enjoy this, you have to suspend all sense of belief, which I did. (view spoiler)
Denise
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-it
So glad I got this book. It was so good. Loved the storyline. Highly recommend this author. I really hope it turns into another series. Please can we have a follow on with Lacey's two sisters, Sam and Joanna. That would be great.
Heather
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal meets Science Fiction Romance.

Lacey is a witch living in a small town full of paranormal residents. Frost, a Glacian, is a Star Ranger tracking down a lizard like criminal and finds himself in Magic. Frost is going to have to break the rules if he wants to keep Lacey. I like Lacey and Frost and many of the other people from Magic but Jonah & Joseph steal the show!

I'm very curious to know who the Director in Black is. I also wonder what happened with Agent Maxwell.

I'm not sure if
Lara
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-2014
This was an entertaining scifi romance where an interstellar bounty hunter goes after a particularly nasty criminal on a backwater world we know as Earth. however, he ends up in a New Mexico town full of supernaturals and people who do magic. Some of the challenges seemed to be easy for the heroine to overcome, except I guess she was unused to having to defend herself and others to such a degree. The story was easy and light, despite some sad events, and full of some great characters who will be ...more
Angela
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I little different from the rest, but really really good SE Smith books get better and better have read them all now and enjoyed them all
Victoria
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars. Loving this author. Another great start to a new series!
Claudia
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW, another great story from Susan. Obviously I couldn't put down my reader until I finished the story. I love the new magical world and I look forward for more.
Angela Lover  of all Books No Matter How Horrid They Are ❤❂☠
So S.E. Smith is one of my all-time favorite writers. There's just something about a writing that pulls you in and never lets go. Also David Brenin he's a phenomenal narrator.

I have been hesitant to start the series because Susan stated that this book takes place on Earth. I love all her sci-fi books and since this book only has magic and is based on Earth I don't know what to think. I enjoy a good Sci-Fi romance book and the fact that this book is strictly based on Earth made me a bit weary. B
Holly
I found this book while browsing the Audible Romance Package for scifi. The blurb is a bit misleading in that I expected a straight-up alien kidnapping story, but got something else.

Star Ranger (aka intergalactic Bounty Hunter) Frost is ready to retire to help his brother run a business on their home planet when he's given one last assignment; Find escaped convict Taar and bring him back - dead or alive. Taar has stolen a transport and ended up on a primitive planet called Earth. Frost is determ
CI
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Too much, just too much. A town full of every mythical and magical being ever thought of - vampires, werewolves, witches, dragons, active ghosts and more. Think of a superhero power and they have it. Teleportation, speaking to the dead, control over the weather, healing abilities, all forms of magical spells.

I prefer my stories to stick to one or two types of paranormal and even then there should be some basic rules. Twin boys who can talk to each other telepathically, ok. Who are werewolf / va
JodyL
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Frost is an alien and a Star Ranger. His job is to arrest or eliminate criminals from his planet. An assassin that he had already caught escaped and was enroute to Earth. So he traveled to Earth to kill the assassin before the "primitive" planet discovers that aliens are real.
Lacey runs a shelter for abused and abandoned animals. Her husband died three years before and she has vowed to never love again. Oh, and she is a witch. The entire town of Magic, New Mexico is full of paranormal-type creat
Silver James
I was between audio books and looking for something to while away my time away from the computer so I dipped into my Audible Romance subscription. I've read a few other books by S.E. Smith and the description of this one caught my eye. Frost, a Star Ranger, embarks on his last mission--to retrieve a galatic criminal under a death sentence. Too bad the villain is headed to Earth. When they land near the town of Magic, New Mexico, neither Frost nor Tar are prepared for the "welcoming" committee.

M
Cydney
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elaine Kirby
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Magical!

This book was very good & to me very fast-paced as I read it in a matter of hours.

Lacey, lost her husband (who was a troll in the real sense) to a bus accident & even though he's a spirit he's been trying to find someone for her & he did.

Frost, is a Star Ranger who landed on Earth & near Magic, New Mexico as he was on a trail to find an escaped prisoner from his world when he meets Lacey.

This book has an evil scientist, lots of sex scenes, lots of magical beings & mor
L M
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You can never go wrong with a book by this author. Laugh out loud occurrences happen.
Magic New Mexico is just that, a place where lots of different paranormals live, including talking animals and ghosts. This of course gives rise to lots of humour and comedy due to the actions of these residents as magic abounds.
Humour, silliness and magic abound in this story. Add in super hunky alien ranger that comes to earth to apprehend a nasty alien, horrible government agents, evil scientists and you get
Lynn Smith
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Touch of Frost

If you like paranormal, you have to read this book. Aliens, were-vamps, witches and many more abound in Magic New Mexico. Frost a star ranger from another Galaxy lands on earth hunting a fugitive. He never thought he would find his true mate. Lacey never wanted to move on after the death of her husband but Frost awoke something in her. But first they had to survive.
Humor, suspense and lots of romance.
Jul 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Frost chases a fugitive all the way to Lacey's front door. But then really gets out of hand they go back and forth saving each other. I thought book 2 in this series was really cute...this one was not. I thought there were way too many characters and it was trying too hard to be funny. I just really didn't enjoy it.
margaret richards
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Somewhat disappointing

Having read many other books by SE Smith, I was disappointed by this one. The story was short and the characters quite sketchy and under developed. Not one of her best for me.
Penny Lisle
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Out of this world!!! Literally, a star ranger lands on earth and happens to end up in a place called Magic! This is a town where all who are magic or different as in mystical creatures live here and have made it home for generations. The sheriff transforms into a dragon and there are trolls and witches. The witches is where it all begins. Frost was sent to capture a criminal who escaped prison from another planet. What Frost did not expect to find was a human woman (witch) who is his soulmate. T ...more
Dawn Carey
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Touch of Frost

Smith is an amazing author . Her books and characters draw you into worlds that are unique and intriguing. Wonderful storytelling with lots of action and adventure with plenty of laughs to go with it.
Pet
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the romance, adored the characters, and absolutely want to emigrate to the world. The only thing I didn’t like was his brothers actions they were unforgivable and I can’t imagine any way cold blooded murder would ever be ok.
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Rated 2.5 stars.

It wasn't a bad book. I just felt like everything just went too quickly. No build to the storyline.
Mrs Zara
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brilliant story and funny through out and some emotional bits.

It is definitely worth a read.
Elizabeth
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sooo good!

One of the best! Loved loved loved it! The romance the excitement the danger and the magic!!! Loved it all. Funny too!

• A Mate To Match (The Brides of Mordenne, #1)
  • Operation Hydra (Ontarian Chronicles, # 2)
  • Zuri's Zargonnii Warrior (Unearthly World #2)
  • Dual Abduction (Alien Abduction, #3)
  • Vall's Will
  • Oath of Challenge: Conquering Kate (Shimerian Oath, #2)
  • Honor Bound (Warlord #1)
  • Scent of Salvation (Chronicles of Eorthe, #1)
  • Victoria's Challenge (Imperial, #2)
  • Star Kissed
  • Prime Commander (Katieran Prime, #2)
  • Broken (Planet Alpha, #2)
  • Abiogenesis (Cyberevolution, #3)
  • Finding Jess (First Wave, #2)
  • Saved by Venom (Grabbed, #3)
  • Shalia's Diary: Book 3 (Shalia's Diary, #3; World of Kalquor, #3.3)
  • Quartz (Galaxy Playmates #2)
  • Distant Desires: Part Two
S.E. Smith is a New York Times (Twin Dragons and Dagger’s Hope) and 15 time USA TODAY Bestselling author of Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. She brings action, adventure, and suspense-filled romance stories to transport readers out of this world. Sexy, funny, action-packed—Science fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy, and Contemporary stories with a twist! Discover stories with a he ...more

Magic, New Mexico (3 books)
  • Taking on Tory (Magic, New Mexico, #2)
  • Alexandru's Kiss (Magic, New Mexico #3)