The Fandom Entries & Monthly Readathons discussion

Buddy Reads > Requesting Buddy Reads

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 527 comments Mod
If there are any persons in this group who want a buddy to read a book with, state the book you want to read, when you want to read it and I will set up a thread in this folder for you and your buddy to read your book in.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments I'm always up for a buddy read! I don't have a particular book in mind right now but whoever wants to buddy read with me can message me and we can find a book then :)

message 3: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (paper_soul) | 10 comments I’d love a buddy! It’s always fun to have someone to discuss a book with!!

message 4: by Riley (new)

Riley (woowreallly) I'm down! What genre would we do?

message 5: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine I'm so down for a buddy read!

message 6: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Well, tbh, I made this discussion thing to see what books people are up for buddy reading. We all seem to want a buddy! But yeah, I'm want to start An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir sometime this month, so whoever wants to, I'm looking for a buddy!

message 7: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (paper_soul) | 10 comments If there is a group of people we could do a book group. I’m up for a large group or one on one

message 8: by Lora (new)

Lora | 106 comments I just bought the Cruel Prince so if any of you guys haven't read it yet I'm down to have a group or one on one buddy read!

message 9: by Riley (new)

Riley (woowreallly) I half finished that book. I'd be down for The Cruel Prince and I also just bought Siege and Storm and The Knife Of Never letting Go.

message 10: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine I'll read Siege and Storm with you! I read the first one but still haven't read the second one yet.

message 11: by Riley (new)

Riley (woowreallly) Okay, sounds great! :D

message 12: by Lou, Book Queen (last edited Jun 12, 2018 04:59AM) (new)

Seems everyone's finding a buddy! 👍
Remember this thread isn't going to get old, so if you want another buddy read, or if you haven't had chance to request one, you have all the time in the world to do so on this thread!

Does anyone want me to open a thread in the group for them and their buddy, or have you done so already?--Any help needed?

message 13: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Anybody who wants to buddyread any of the books in this list?
I have been in a huge reading slump, so maybe doing a buddy read would help :)

message 14: by Riley (new)

Riley (woowreallly) I don't believe I can access it. Possibly due to you having a private acc.

message 15: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments Oh that is a pity. I basically want to read more classics, like Pride and Prejudice, wuthering heights, les miserables or anything else. So if anyone is interested in reading a classic let me know :)

message 16: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Cordelianne wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Anybody who wants to buddyread..."

I've been wanting to read Pride and Prejudice for a long, long time. Do you want to read it together?

message 17: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments LydiaMae wrote: "Cordelianne wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I've been wanting to read Pride and Prejudice for a ..."

Yes I would love to!

message 18: by Lou, Book Queen (last edited Jun 26, 2018 01:15AM) (new)

Cordelianne wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "Cordelianne wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I've been wanting to read [book:Pride and Preju..."

Great! When you're ready, I'll set up a thread!

message 19: by Hailey (new)

Hailey | 20 comments LydiaMae wrote: "Cordelianne wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "Cordelianne wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I've been wanting to read [..."

I haven't read Pride and Prejudice in forever so I'm up for it

message 20: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Hailey wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "Cordelianne wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "Cordelianne wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I've been ..."

Hey Hailey, we're starting this week, I'll message you the details.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments Anyone wanting to buddy read something? :) I'd be up for almost anything on my to-read shelf (depends on if I can get the book from the library)!

message 22: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "Anyone wanting to buddy read something? :) I'd be up for almost anything on my to-read shelf (depends on if I can get the book from the library)!"

I'm always up for a buddy read! The only problem is my library; it's very limited when it comes to books (there's more computers in there than books! :'()
Anyway, if anyone wants, here's the books I'd be willing to read:
i-want-a-buddy-for shelf Due to library availability I might have to wait a while for some of the books on this list.
I'm open to suggestions if you don't want to read the books on that shelf...

message 23: by Kaila (new)

Kaila (kaila2464) LydiaMae wrote: "⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "Anyone wanting to buddy read something? :) I'd be up for almost anything on my to-read shelf (depends on if I can get the book from the library)!"

I'm always up for ..."
I’d love to buddy read Red Queen but I want to finish up the books I have set for myself right now so maybe in September?

message 24: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Kaila wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "Anyone wanting to buddy read something? :) I'd be up for almost anything on my to-read shelf (depends on if I can get the book from the library)!"

I..."

Sure, message me when you're ready!

message 25: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments LydiaMae wrote: "⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "Anyone wanting to buddy read something? :) I'd be up for almost anything on my to-read shelf (depends on if I can get the book from the library)!"

I'm always up for ..."

I would love to buddy read ready player one, because it is a story that is a bit out of my genre, so having someone to read it with would be perfect!

message 26: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments Cordelianne wrote: "LydiaMae wrote: "⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "Anyone wanting to buddy read something? :) I'd be up for almost anything on my to-read shelf (depends on if I can get the book from the library)!"

I..."

Red rising is also still on my to read list, so buddy reading that book would also be fine with me!

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments @LydiaMae, @Cordelianne I'd be up for Ready Player One too! I only have to see if it's availabe at the library.

message 28: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Great! When do you want to start reading it, so I can reserve it from my library?

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments I'd like to finish one of my current reads first, so maybe next week if I can get it til then?

message 30: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments ⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "I'd like to finish one of my current reads first, so maybe next week if I can get it til then?"

I don't think I can get my library copy by then, since they only have one copy and that one is loaned out.

message 31: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Cordelianne wrote: "⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "I'd like to finish one of my current reads first, so maybe next week if I can get it til then?"

I don't think I can get my library copy by then, since they only have..."

Yeah same, I think everyone wants to read it because of the movie and all. I'm going to have to wait until it someone's finished with it from the library :'/

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments No problem. Mine is currently loaned out as well. Maybe we could open up a new thread for it anyway? Then we don't have to spam in here all the time^^

message 33: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "No problem. Mine is currently loaned out as well. Maybe we could open up a new thread for it anyway? Then we don't have to spam in here all the time^^"

'Course. Here's the link to the thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/19515050-ready-player-one

message 34: by Mya (new)

Mya | 13 comments Hi, I'd love too buddy read! I have some options:
Group Portrait with Lady by Heinrich Boll
A Man Named Dave by Dave Pelzer
Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Group Portrait with Lady
A Man Named Dave
Dark Matter

Or a classic

message 35: by Lou, Book Queen (last edited Nov 19, 2018 04:22AM) (new)

Mya wrote: "Hi, I'd love too buddy read! I have some options:
Group Portrait with Lady by Heinrich Boll
A Man Named Dave by Dave Pelzer
Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Group Portrait with Lady
[book..."

I was actually thinking about reading [book:Emma|6969] soon, let me know what you think.

message 36: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Also does anyone feel like reading any of the books from this link?: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...