What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Old Magic
This topic is about Old Magic
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fantasy/ Girl (possibly witch) travels back in time with the help of a ring. Possible Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kadi (new)

Kadi I probably read this book in the early 2000s and can only remember small bits and pieces, but I’ve been trying to figure it out for years. I remember the main character is a teenage girl who meets a (new?) boy in school. I distinctly remember her creating some sort of storm in science class. Somewhere along the way the pair find or are given a pair of rings and they travel back in time to a vaguely medieval setting.

Once there... POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

The protagonist ends up in the castle of the villain. He wants to marry and/or rape her but the ring she wears convinces him she is married and not a virgin so he is uninterested.

I think this may be an Australian book but I can’t be sure.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments What country were you in when you red the book?
Anything about the cover?
Part of a series?
Were there in other fantasy elements, like dragons, trolls, etc?

message 3: by Kadi (last edited Jun 05, 2018 08:07AM) (new)

Kadi I was in the US. I can’t remember much about the plot (the storm is really the only thing that sticks out) but I don’t think there were any fantastic creatures. And I believe it was a standalone.

It might be worth noting that I most likely read it from the library, so it is probably not a terribly obscure title.

message 4: by Esmeralda (new)

Esmeralda | 4 comments Nic wrote: "I probably read this book in the early 2000s and can only remember small bits and pieces, but I’ve been trying to figure it out for years. I remember the main character is a teenage girl who meets ..."

Old magic by Marianne Curley?

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36509 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Old Magic by Marianne Curley - Esmeralda's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=LVy... There are different cover images.

message 6: by Kadi (new)

Kadi Kris wrote: "Here's the Google Books preview of Old Magic by Marianne Curley - Esmeralda's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=LVy......"

Esmeralda wrote: "Nic wrote: "I probably read this book in the early 2000s and can only remember small bits and pieces, but I’ve been trying to figure it out for years. I remember the main character is a teenage gir..."

Thank you guys so much, that is absolutely it!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Old Magic (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marianne Curley (other topics)