CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 23- What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 754 comments Mod
Vote now for July's Online Book Club Book. The theme is Mystery. Click here to vote!

June's book is The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. Join us each week in June for new discussions.

What is everyone reading this week? I am so excited; after nearly two months of really not doing any reading outside the manga, I am finally going to get back into reading.

Have you ever had a reading slump? How long did it last? What do you think caused it? I think I was just in a place where I couldn't concentrate on more detailed wordy books. I needed lighter things. But I am back!

I am going to finish March's online book club book, All the Light We Cannot See. Yes, I know. I should have been good and finished it in March but so far, it's probably been my least favorite of the books chosen. I don't know why. But I will finish it this month.

Also working on The Devil in the White City.

I've picked up Blue Planet 2: A New World of Hidden Depths (I am such a sucker for books about the ocean or ocean life), Legendary (a sequel to last year's amazing Caraval novel), The Fandom (because getting catapulted into your favorite story may not be as much fun as you think), and I'm going to reread The Hand of Dinotopia.

Can't you tell I'm excited to be back into reading?

Tell us what you are reading this week!

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr The Devil in the White City Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson Blue Planet II by James Honeyborne Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber The Fandom by Anna Day The Hand of Dinotopia by Alan Dean Foster

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 478 comments I just finished Murder on Union Square by Victoria Thompson, and am now reading Crowned and Dangerous by Rhys Bowen. I'm waiting for Island of the Mad by Laurie R. King (June 12), and The Prisoner in the Castle by Susan Elia MacNeal (Aug 7). All of them are awesome series.
Murder on Union Square (Gaslight Mystery, #21) by Victoria Thompson Crowned and Dangerous (Her Royal Spyness, #10) by Rhys Bowen Island of the Mad (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes #15) by Laurie R. King The Prisoner in the Castle (Maggie Hope Mystery #8) by Susan Elia MacNeal