Start by marking “Crowned and Dangerous (Her Royal Spyness, #10)” as Want to Read:
Crowned and Dangerous (Her Royal Spyness, #10)

Crowned and Dangerous

(Royal Spyness #10)

Nothing is simple when you're thirty-fifth in line for the British crown, least of all marriage. But with love on their side, and plans to elope, Lady Georgiana Rannoch and her beau Darcy O'Mara hope to bypass a few royal rules... With Darcy driving me out of London in a borrowed motor car, I soon discover that he isn't planning to introduce me to the pleasures of sinning ...more
Published August 2nd 2016 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Crowned and Dangerous, please sign up.
Anna They stand on their own, but some relational arcs do develop over the course of the series. If you start at the beginning, it's probably more…moreThey stand on their own, but some relational arcs do develop over the course of the series. If you start at the beginning, it's probably more satisfying to watch those story lines develop over the series rather than jumping into the middle. (The overarching story lines have certainly kept me reading -- and reading in sequence.)(less)
Andrea Yes! Thank goodness. Amazon has the audio CD available for pre-order -Publisher: Audible Studios on Brilliance Audio September 13, 2016. I hope that…moreYes! Thank goodness. Amazon has the audio CD available for pre-order -Publisher: Audible Studios on Brilliance Audio September 13, 2016. I hope that Katherine Kellgren is the narrator...she's the best! (less)

Holly
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
These books just make me happy. I really liked that Darcy had such a starring role in this story.
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
Her Royal Spyness #10...

I normally really enjoy this series but this one didn't move me like the rest of the series has. There was a LOT of repetition and chatty dialogue but there really wasn't any adventure or action like there normally is. It was just kind of boring and the whole Queenie-the incompetent maid, the always broke & homeless Lady Georgiana & the continuously delayed wedding to Darcy thing is getting rather old. (view spoiler)
Susan Johnson
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Things are really heating up between Lady Georgiana and her handsome Irish beau, Darcy. As the book opens they are eloping to Gretna Green in Scotland. There are a few minor problems though. Georgie is thirty fifth in the line of succession to the throne so she needs a special dispensation from the King to marry a Catholic. They are also broke and have no place to live but when you're in love, who cares?

Unfortunately a blizzard stops their progress and as they stop they discover Darcy's father
✨Susan✨
Another fun romp through Georgianna's life. Not my favorite of her adventures but still a good mystery that she and Darcey must solve.
Jennifer Rayment
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FYI this review is for the audio version. Got hooked into this series when Jen L. suggested I listen to Her Royal Spyness on audio. I was ruined from reading this series from the first word Kathrine Kellgren spoke. She breathes even more life into each and every deftly written character that you are totally convinced it is more than one person reading you the story.

This installment was a pure delight as always. Though I would have enjoyed a little more Belinda and Granddad. That aside I really e
Homerun2
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of my very favorite series, and this book in particular is great fun. It begins with Lady Georgiana and Darcy sneaking off to elope, but the news of Darcy's father's arrest for murder puts a halt to that. Darcy quickly heads to Ireland to help his estranged, cranky, and impoverished father. Georgie joins him, despite his attempts to keep her out of trouble.

The book is filled with great Irish village color and setting and peopled with the usual entertaining cast and characters. We mee
Maire
Jul 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: beachweek
Not one of the better installments in this series, unfortunately! I was initially excited when the action moved to Ireland, but overall I felt like the mystery itself was a little too "pat" and skimpy on the details. I would have preferred something a little meatier. I always enjoy these books for their lightheartedness and levity, but this one seemed almost like a parody of itself--too much silliness and not enough substance. All of that being said, I still found it a fun read and I did love th ...more
Jonathan
*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley and Berkley. This title will be released on August 2, 2016. All thoughts and opinions stated in this review are entirely my own.*

I want to start by saying that Rhys Bowen is one of the absolute best cozy/historical mysteries that has ever written. Everything she writes is golden and I count myself a fan! This book absolutely fulfilled my expectations and I hope that the 'Georgie' books continue for years to come.

Geor
Sheila
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are several books in this series, but this will work as a stand alone. Of course it is more enjoyable if you have kept up with Georgianna's struggles and antics over the years. A total romp, lots of fun and new characters to look forward to seeing again.
Hannah
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Take a deep breath, everyone - Crowned and Dangerous is easily one of the best Royal Spyness books to date. In fact, I’d argue that it’s right up there at the top alongside the virtually perfect The Twelve Clues of Christmas, which is no mean feat. Years ago, sometime before the release of the 5th book, I remember suggesting that having a mystery centered around Darcy’s family home in Ireland would make a rollicking-good story; we could finally get to know more about the mysterious and enigmatic ...more
Natasha
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
This one was just like a warm cup of tea,okay but not quite hitting the spot.
Nancy
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, mystery
Lady Georgiana Rannoch’s fiancé is whisking her to a secret elopement when he hears his father has been arrested for murder. Telling Georgiana to go home, Darcy heads for his father’s estate. But Georgie won’t give up on her man, and she follows him to the family castle. His father is uncooperative. After losing all his money, Lord Kilhenny sold the estate to a rich American whose body was found by the man’s valet. Lord Kilhenny’s fingerprints are on the murder weapon and he was passed out drunk ...more
Natalie
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Things I had issues with:
1. After nine previous books, I had hoped Georgie and Darcy's relationship had finally progressed, but circumstances prevented them from moving forward.
2. Georgie comes across far too many murders. I have issues with cozy mysteries that find a non-investigator continually stumble across dead bodies.
3. If she had married Darcy in a previous book, this would have made more sense as he investigates for the government.
4. Zou Zou annoyed me rather than entertained me.
5. Geor
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, netgalley, series
When we left Georgie and Darcy they were eloping to Scotland but when we find them in Crowned and Dangerous something happens to stop their journey. First snow and then Darcy's Father is arrested for murder. Off he goes to Ireland and soon Georgie follows. It does not look good but between Georgie, Darcy and a great cast of characters the real villain is found. This does bring the two closer together but no wedding yet. What will Bowen put the two lovers through next. I for one am staying tuned.
Annie
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Though it's a bit tedious and nowhere near as hilarious as the first couple of books in this series, Crowned and Dangerous is an enjoyable read.
Andrea
I love this cozy mystery series and all the characters. I don't know how many more books there will be in the series, but it won't be enough. My only complaint is that we only get one book each year.
Lorraine
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Her Royal Spyness Mysteries.
Rhys Bowen’s Crowned and Dangerous (Her Royal Spyness #10) takes Georgie to Ireland to help Darcy when his father is accused of murdering the American who bought Kilkenny Castle and Stables.
Darcy receives a message that Darcy’s father is in big trouble just when Darcy and Georgie are off on a trip that Darcy has planned to surprise Georgie, and is she surprised!! But ‘best laid plans’..........
Upon receiving the message about the mess his father is in, Darcy changes direction literally, and Geor
Lollyletsgo
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
You see, on the way to eloping, along with an errant snowstorm, they get some terrible news that sends them in a completely different direction. Darcy's father has been accused of a heinous crime and Darcy leaves Georgie to help him. She of course follows and as the reader, so do we!

I really liked this one, we got to see more of Georgie with Darcy, and we also got to meet his family (bonus!). I also liked that Queenie didn't play as large a role in this adventure, while I like her, she's beyond
Thenia
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Georgiana and Darcy can't seem to catch a break!

This part of their adventure begins with them on the way to Gretna Green where they're planning to finally tie the knot, but of course things don't go as planned. The weather forces them to spend the night at an inn, and before they can continue on their journey the next day, they discover that Darcy's father has been arrested for murder. Determined to do what he can for his father despite their strained relationship, Darcy rushes to Ireland, leavi
QNPoohBear
As Georgie and Darcy are about to elope to Greta Green (so Darcy can make an honest woman of her when they finally have some alone time), they run into some major obstacles. First, a major snowstorm bars their way and then Darcy reads some shocking news in the paper : his father, Lord Kilhenny is accused of murdering the American who purchased his estate. Darcy sends Georgie back to Kensington and heads off to Ireland to be with his father. When he feels that it is inevitable his father will be ...more
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Always a majestic treat, the Royal Spyness Mysteries are the crown jewels of historical mysteries.

Author Rhys Bowen writes hysterical fiction like no other author. Her details to these period pieces are spot on. When she does “change history” for the purpose of the stories, she’s always forth right about it on her Historical Notes page at the back of her books.

CROWNED AND DANGEROUS is a glowing gem in an already sparkling series. Rhys Bowen brings life to the 1930’s in such a way, readers will
Corey Lagunowich
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
This book, like several recent entries in the series, took much too long to get started with the plot. The cast of characters has grown so large that it feels like the author feels compelled to check-in with nearly every one of them in every book, even if their presence is superfluous at best.

The mystery itself, once it got started, was also rather hum-drum. The tension came far more from who was involved (someone important to the main character) rather than the difficulty of the clues to the p
Pat Camalliere
May 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wanted to know why this writer is so popular. I’m not too impressed on the basis of this novel. She took way too long to develop the mystery, with little happening until the last fifty pages or so. It was entertaining along the way, light and enjoyable reading, but I didn’t find myself loving the main characters. Zou Zou and Queenie were fun. I really like books with more character development and more immediate involvement in the story questions though, so although I’m sure a lot of people li ...more
Meg
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Ummmmm...this was really unbelievable.

I know, I know, these farcical romps are not really meant to be peans of reality.

But, WOW. Wow. I just didn't buy a bunch of stuff at the end (property-wise).

Or so many things.

Plus, I figured out the whodunnit so early.

The Darcy/Georgie interactions were great, though. And Queenie is a dark horse! And Georgie's brother, whose name I have forgotten!

So, some fabulous moments, but uneven and unbelievable in the main.
Once Upon a Romance Reviews
Reviewed by Wendy

Sexual Content: None

Language Content: None

Violent Content: Minimal

Crowned and Dangerous by Rhys Bowen is the 10th book in the Royal Spyness Mystery Series. As Georgie (Georgiana Rannoch, 35th in line for the throne) is being swept away to elope by boyfriend Darcy O’Mara, Darcy spies a newspaper article with the news of his dad’s arrest for the murder of a wealthy American.

Darcy runs to Ireland to his dad’s side leaving Georgie alone and confused. He even tries to break up with h
Danielle Gonzalez
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up immediately following the previous one. Darcy had whisked Georgie away in his car for a romantic getaway. While driving, they have to stop for a treacherous snow storm, and Darcy gets the news that his father has been arrested in Ireland for murder. Even though Darcy has had a tenuous relationship with his father, he races to Ireland to be by his side. With mounting evidence, Darcy calls Georgie to cancel their engagement. He doesn't want to damage her reputation by having her ...more
MissSusie
Another fun addition to the series and we have serious movement on the relationship front at least I hope it continues it's forward momentum! We meet Darcy's family which was fun and I have a feeling about Darcy's father but we will see in the next book!

these books are light and fun! Highly recommend them!

This was a very bittersweet listen, because I started it right after hearing of the death of Katherine Kellgren, I will listen to the next book but I think I need a little time.
Susan
I enjoyed this story. At the beginning, I had some concern that this one would have Georgie moping and mooning about Darcy again, but soon the book turned to the mystery and moved along nicely.

I appreciated the change of location to Ireland, and the addition of some new characters. I also enjoyed the development of Georgie's and Darcy's relationship, and the development of these characters' relationships with others in the stories.

Overall a fun read. I will read the next in the series.
Katie
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love, love, love this series. The Her Royal Spyness novels are truly what an Anglophile mystery reader needs. They don't take themselves super seriously, but always provide an engaging and fun story. I am so sad I have to wait until August for book 11! I already have it on hold at the library.
Lesa Divine
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, read-it, 2018
Too cute.....
Georgiana and Darcy continues. As Darcy father is accused of murder Darcy calls off his engagement to Georgiana to help protect her but once she shows up in Ireland wanting to help her man. She's determined to be there for him no matter what.
With friends and family of Darcy willing to help investigate who's truly the killer they find themselves knowing a bit more about who the victim really was.

Cute to get to know Darcy more around his family in his own country.
Enjoy this series as
Play Book Tag: Crowned and Dangerous/Rhys Bowen - 4 stars 1 10 Feb 18, 2018 02:59PM

• An Act of Villainy (Amory Ames Mystery #5)
  • A Purely Private Matter (Rosalind Thorne Mysteries, #2)
  • A Pinch of Poison (A Lady & Lady's Maid Mystery, #2)
  • Death in the Floating City (Lady Emily, #7)
  • Murder in Murray Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #16)
  • To Davy Jones Below (Daisy Dalrymple, #9)
  • Death Comes To Kurland Hall (Kurland St. Mary Mystery, #3)
  • A Golden Cage (Newport Gilded Age #2)
  • Murder Between the Lines (Kitty Weeks Mystery, #2)
  • The Paris Spy (Maggie Hope Mystery #7)
  • Murder In The Afternoon (Kate Shackleton, #3)
"I'm a New York Times bestselling mystery author, winner of both Agatha and Anthony awards for my Molly Murphy mysteries, set in 1902 New York City.

I have recently published two internationally bestselling WWII novels, one of them a #1 Kindle bestseller, the other selling almost half a million copies to date.

I also write the Agatha-winning Royal Spyness series, about the British royal family in th

Royal Spyness (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #1)
  • A Royal Pain (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #2)
  • Royal Flush (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #3)
  • Royal Blood (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #4)
  • Naughty in Nice (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #5)
  • The Twelve Clues of Christmas (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #6)
  • Heirs and Graces (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #7)
  • Queen of Hearts (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #8)
  • Malice at the Palace (Her Royal Spyness, #9)
  • On Her Majesty's Frightfully Secret Service (Her Royal Spyness, #11)
“If you're worried about your very life, the last thing you want is small talk.” 0 likes