Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book of the Month Archives! > Mini Readathon One! - June 1 through June 3

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Hello,
To help celebrate our group's anniversary, we have decided to host mini readathons during each weekend in June. This readathon will be from June 1 through June 3. These are just meant to be fun and friendly ways to motivate each other while meeting personal goals. You can set any personal goal for yourself during each readathon, whether that be reading a certain number of books or pages, or starting or finishing a book.
As always, feel free to ask if you have any questions!
Have fun reading!

message 2: by Jackie (last edited Jun 02, 2018 10:07PM) (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Read:
Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke
Currently Reading:
The Breakdown by B.A. Paris
To read:
Midnight Jewel (The Glittering Court, #2) by Richelle Mead

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments I'm in! I want to try to get 500 pages read each day. Maybe 750. :D

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Fun! I hope for a total of at least 500 pages for these 3 days. I might do more but this weekend might be busy.

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Jamie wrote: "Fun! I hope for a total of at least 500 pages for these 3 days. I might do more but this weekend might be busy."

Awesome! Do whatever you can--there will be a few more of these during June.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "I'm in! I want to try to get 500 pages read each day. Maybe 750. :D"

Awesome! Good luck. :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Jackie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "I'm in! I want to try to get 500 pages read each day. Maybe 750. :D"

Awesome! Good luck. :)"

Thanks. I've started off pretty strong. I'm about 200 pages into my first book. :)

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments That’s great!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Jackie wrote: "That’s great!"

I will definitely be finishing it tonight then on to Frostblood. :)

message 10: by kayla ♡ (new)

kayla ♡ (kaysmagiclibrary) | 25 comments I'm hoping to finish a book on kindle and afterwards start/finish Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro since it's under 300 pages and I have no plans. If I'm lucky I'll also start Before I Go by Colleen Oakley!

message 11: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Sounds like everyone is off to athe great start! Not sure what I will get in this weekend, but finishing one of my current reads would be nice.

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Good job everyone!

message 13: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 24691 comments Mod
I'm hoping to read 3 books, 1 per day. I'm more than halfway through Caraval so I'm off to a good start!

message 14: by Christina (new)

Christina Mages | 1 comments I hope to finish 2 books

message 15: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (leanniefae) sounds fun! I just started White Rabbit by Caleb Roehrig. I'll try to finish it by Sunday! I also have about six hours left in The Radium Girls which I plan to finish also :)

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Aly wrote: "I'm hoping to read 3 books, 1 per day. I'm more than halfway through Caraval so I'm off to a good start!"

Ooh Caraval is a good one! I hope to read the sequel Legendary either this month or next.

message 17: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Leanne wrote: "sounds fun! I just started White Rabbit by Caleb Roehrig. I'll try to finish it by Sunday! I also have about six hours left in The Radium Girls which I plan to finish also :)"
Ooh I think White Rabbit looks awesome!

message 18: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Jamie wrote: "Aly wrote: "I'm hoping to read 3 books, 1 per day. I'm more than halfway through Caraval so I'm off to a good start!"

Ooh Caraval is a good one! I hope to read the sequel Legendary either this mon..."

Yes! I've read it before but wanted to re read before Legendary.

message 19: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Aly wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Aly wrote: "I'm hoping to read 3 books, 1 per day. I'm more than halfway through Caraval so I'm off to a good start!"

Ooh Caraval is a good one! I hope to read the sequel Legendary e..."

Want to BR Legendary at some point?

message 20: by evsbooks (new)

evsbooks I think I will try to read 100 pages per day 😊

message 21: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Sounds like everyone is off to a great start!

message 22: by Makensie (last edited Jun 01, 2018 10:16PM) (new)

Makensie Steinmetz (animalnodrum) | 16 comments I'm hoping to finish 2 books this weekend! Started one this morning and hopefully will have it done by tonight!

Hatchet
Review: Click Here
Pages: 208

abookaholiclife  | 48 comments I will try to finish the book that I’m reading, and begin the past is rising 😍

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 331 comments I will try to read 250 pages a day.

message 25: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 2065 comments Will try to read a book a day.

message 26: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments You got your copy of The Past is Rising, Gaia?

message 27: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Bernhardt | 103 comments This weekend and next will be slower due to family obligations so I will just say my goal is to finish one book this weekend, or 350 pages, if I decide to split my time.

message 28: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments That's a good goal, Trinity.

message 29: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I'm hoping to read one book each day, but we'll see about that.

message 30: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Felicia | 15005 comments Mod
Finished a book today! 😁 hoping to get one finished tomorrow. And another one started and almost finished if not definitely Sunday!

message 31: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Awesome! You go girl!

message 32: by Liz (new)

Liz (thelovelymoonandi) I’m not the fastest reader, but I would like to finish reading the book that I am currently reading (Eliza and her Monsters). After that I’ll read Nora and Kettle since they’re library books.

message 33: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Liz wrote: "I’m not the fastest reader, but I would like to finish reading the book that I am currently reading (Eliza and her Monsters). After that I’ll read Nora and Kettle since they’re library books."

How are you liking Eliza and Her Monsters? I really liked it when I read it. :)

message 34: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I want to read that eventually.

message 35: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C.P. wrote: "I want to read that eventually."

It's good. I recommend it. :)

message 36: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 2065 comments The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding #1) by Alexandra Bracken done

message 37: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments good job!

message 38: by Kaya (new)

Kaya | 142 comments Ooh, sounds fun! I'm hoping to finish An Ember in the Ashes and read the entirety of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone!

message 39: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Kaya wrote: "Ooh, sounds fun! I'm hoping to finish An Ember in the Ashes and read the entirety of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone!"

Are you joining our BR for An Ember in the Ashes? :D

message 40: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Good luck with that! That is very ambitious.

message 41: by Kaya (new)

Kaya | 142 comments @Bookbuyer

Oh, I didn't know there was a buddy read! I've only got 50 pages left though :(

@Jackie
Well, I'm holding out hope I'l get it done!

message 42: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I am sure you will! Good luck!

message 43: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments You could still post your thoughts if you would like so that you can get the extra points.

message 44: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Jackie wrote: "You could still post your thoughts if you would like so that you can get the extra points."

Kaya wrote: "@Bookbuyer

Oh, I didn't know there was a buddy read! I've only got 50 pages left though :(

@Jackie
Well, I'm holding out hope I'l get it done!"

What Jackie Said! :D

message 45: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9976 comments Mod
This is a great idea!! I'm moving this weekend so it will be slower going for me. I'm halfway down with Red Queen currently.

message 46: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Andrea wrote: "This is a great idea!! I'm moving this weekend so it will be slower going for me. I'm halfway down with Red Queen currently."

Awesome! Are you using our BR thread for the extra points?

message 47: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9976 comments Mod
Bookbuyer wrote: "Andrea wrote: "This is a great idea!! I'm moving this weekend so it will be slower going for me. I'm halfway down with Red Queen currently."

Awesome! Are you using our BR thread for the extra points?"

For Red Queen? Yeah eventually. I haven't been online all day until now

message 48: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Andrea wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Andrea wrote: "This is a great idea!! I'm moving this weekend so it will be slower going for me. I'm halfway down with Red Queen currently."

Awesome! Are you using our BR thread ..."

KK. Just saw your post on the YA group thread. :D

message 49: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Good luck with the move.

message 50: by Liz (new)

Liz (thelovelymoonandi) @Bookbuyer It’s really good. I have exactly 95 pages left of the book. i can’t believe i actually finished this so quickly. I’ll have a detailed review of it once I’m done. Speaking of, I actually had a question. If I have already started the book in May, and finish it in June. How would I show many pages I’ve read? I hope that makes sense. I should probably go to bed now.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.