2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1)
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Mackenzi Lee‘s book, The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Lea, Allie, Kayla

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 128
Week 2: 128
Week 3: 128
Week 4: 128

Chrissy | 248 comments I finished this last week, hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did! Definitely a light and fluffy read, and a great choice for Pride month.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I've started reading it yesterday and the first 50 pages are already amazing??? I really love the character's dynamics already

Allie | 307 comments Went to the library yesterday and every copy was out :(

I've added my name to the holds list. Fingers crossed I get it soon!

Elizabeth | 14 comments Is this something I can join in? I'm new here but just picked up the book.

message 7: by Allie (last edited Jun 04, 2018 09:18PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Allie | 307 comments ^Yes, of course!

Elizabeth | 14 comments Awesome thanks, guess i need to get reading :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Is this something I can join in? I'm new here but just picked up the book."

yes of course you can!
it's always good to have more people to talk about a certain book

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 05, 2018 12:55PM) (new)

I'm now almost 200 pages in and I think it's such adventure?
I mean like... on one side it's literally an adventure and then on the other side it's such a lovely read. I almost feel like I'm with them on their tour and I really love it so far!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished the book almost about 2 weeks and ago and I have to say I loved it very much although I had some (personal) issues with the plot. The character development was phenomenal and I loved every one of them.
It was a very great read for me!

Allie | 307 comments My hold at the library finally came in so I started last night!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I‘m looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

message 14: by Allie (last edited Jun 30, 2018 10:19AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Allie | 307 comments I started out liking this book....Monty is hilarious and his and Percy’s relationship is precious. Felicity seems like a strong female character (which there is never enough of!), I was happy.

But now it’s getting weird. I don’t think I knew what this book was about. (view spoiler)

Ugh.

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 30, 2018 01:18PM) (new)

yeah, that was the part I really didn't like about the book.

[spoiler ahead]

I think it was just not realistic at all? I mean it's realistic that they'd believe something like this would exist but idk. I think I know how it contributed to the character development but I thought this part of the book was just weird. (but the character's were still A++)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.