Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > 35th Two Month Challenge: June 2018 and July 2018

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Jul 28, 2018 09:27PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7289 comments Duration: June 1st - July 31st
This thread is for participants to post their list and progress.

Only books read during the challenge period are allowed.

Guidelines:
- Read ONE book for each category (10 books in total)
- You don't have to read all ten items, if you don't think you'll be able to finish in time. Please choose based on your reading speed.
- Any genres are acceptable, but since we are a young adult group, please try to include as many young adult books as you can.

message 2: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited May 28, 2018 07:06PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7289 comments 1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018. If you can't get a hold of one you can use one that came out anytime in 2018.

2.) J & J: Read a book where the authors first and last initial are the same.

3.) Dare Day: Read a book that meets a requirement from a dare in our I Dare You To Challenges. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

4.) Best Friends Day: Read a book that a friend on goodreads gave a 5 star rating to.

5.) Iced Tea Day: Read a book with a drink on the cover.

6.) Hug Holiday: Read a romance book.

7.) I Forgot Day: Read a book that has been on your TBR list for over 6 months.

8.) Teddy Bear Day: Read a book that has either an animal or toy on the cover.

9.) Hammock Day: Read a book that has under 200 pages.

10.) Culinarian's Day: Read a book that has either food or a cooking utensil on the cover.

message 3: by guiana! (last edited Jul 01, 2018 12:17AM) (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Aiming for only 8 :') Might make it 9

4/8

1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018. If you can't get a hold of one you can use one that came out anytime in 2018.
- Children of Blood and Bone

3.) Dare Day: Read a book that meets a requirement from a dare in our I Dare You To Challenges. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group... (Less than 1,000 ratings)
- On Love and Barley: Haiku of Basho

4.) Best Friends Day: Read a book that a friend on goodreads gave a 5 star rating to.
- The Witch Doesn't Burn In This One

- Yesterday I Was the Moon

{10.) Culinarian's Day: Read a book that has either food or a cooking utensil on the cover.}

message 4: by Natalie (last edited Jul 12, 2018 10:11PM) (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 257 comments 1.) New Release: Learn about Loss

2.) J & J: The House of Hades

3.) Dare Day: To Kill a Kingdom

4.) Best Friends Day: What Happened to Goodbye

5.) Iced Tea Day: Every Exquisite Thing

6.) Hug Holiday: Breakaway

7.) I Forgot Day: A Million Worlds with You

8.) Teddy Bear Day: Seeker

9.) Hammock Day: The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1: Squirrel Power

10.) Culinarian's Day: Read a book that has either food or a cooking utensil on the cover.

Read:
Every Exquisite Thing (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #3) by Cassandra Clare A Million Worlds with You (Firebird, #3) by Claudia Gray The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan Seeker (Riders, #2) by Veronica Rossi The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1 Squirrel Power by Ryan North What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen Breakaway (Corrigan Falls Raiders #4) by Cate Cameron Learn About Loss (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #4) by Cassandra Clare

message 5: by Dita (last edited Jul 31, 2018 04:02AM) (new)

Dita | 55 comments 1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018. If you can't get a hold of one you can use one that came out anytime in 2018.

2.) J & J: Read a book where the authors first and last initial are the same. Tales of the Peculiar

3.) Dare Day: Read a book that meets a requirement from a dare in our I Dare You To Challenges. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group... Sharp Objects

4.) Best Friends Day: Read a book that a friend on goodreads gave a 5 star rating to. We Were Liars

8.) Teddy Bear Day: Read a book that has either an animal or toy on the cover. Nimona

10.) Culinarian's Day: Read a book that has either food or a cooking utensil on the cover. Green Eggs and Ham

message 6: by Diane (last edited Jul 31, 2018 05:13AM) (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 204 comments 1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018. If you can't get a hold of one you can use one that came out anytime in 2018. In the Vines by Shannon Kirk 7/27

2.) J & J: Read a book where the authors first and last initial are the same. The Silver Suitcase by Terrie Todd 6/15

3.) Dare Day: Read a book that meets a requirement from a dare in our I Dare You To Challenges. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...
Read a standalone book which is a book that is not part of a series or is not a novella The Cairo Diary 7/12

4.) Best Friends Day: Read a book that a friend on goodreads gave a 5 star rating to. We Were Liars 6/27

6.) Hug Holiday: Read a romance book. Cross My Heart 7/17

7.) I Forgot Day: Read a book that has been on your TBR list for over 6 months. The Vault of Dreamers 7/8

9.) Hammock Day: Read a book that has under 200 pages. The Bad Beginning 7/13

7/10 Completed

message 7: by Clare (last edited Jul 30, 2018 07:40PM) (new)

Clare Snow (claresnow) | 26 comments 35th Challenge: June 1st - July 31st

7/9 Books

1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in 2018.
Stone Girl YA

2.) J & J: Read a book where the authors first and last initial are the same.
A Guide for Murdered Children by Sarah Sparrow

4.) Best Friends Day: Read a book that a friend on goodreads gave a 5 star rating to.
I Capture the Castle YA

5.) Iced Tea Day: Read a book with a drink on the cover. 🍸
Three Act Tragedy

6.) Hug Holiday: Read a romance book.
Wing Jones YA

7.) I Forgot Day: Read a book that has been on your TBR list for over 6 months.
Monsters YA

8.) Teddy Bear Day: Read a book that has either an animal or toy on the cover.
The Extremely Weird Thing that Happened in Huggabie Falls

9.) Hammock Day: Read a book that has under 200 pages.
Two Boys Kissing YA

10.) Culinarian's Day: Read a book that has food on the cover.
Portable Curiosities

Read:
Stone Girl by Eleni Hale A Guide for Murdered Children by Sarah Sparrow Three Act Tragedy (Hercule Poirot, #11) by Agatha Christie Wing Jones by Katherine Webber Monsters by Emerald Fennell The Extremely Weird Thing that Happened in Huggabie Falls by Adam Cece and Andrew Weldon Portable Curiosities by Julie Koh

TBR:
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan

message 8: by Sarah- (new)

Sarah- (dogearanddie) | 2 comments 1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018. If you can't get a hold of one you can use one that came out anytime in 2018.

message 9: by Amanda (last edited Jul 30, 2018 04:21PM) (new)

Amanda | 4478 comments Completed: 10/10

1. New Release: From Twinkle, with Love
2. J & J: Crazy Rich Asians
3. Dare Day: #35 Contemporary: Listen to Your Heart
4. Best Friends Day: Love Me Never
5. Iced Tea Day: Summer of Salt
6. Hug Holiday: The Kiss Quotient
7. I Forgot Day: All Your Perfects
8. Teddy Bear Day: When Elephants Fly
9. Hammock Day: Pretty Waiter Girls: A Helena Brandywine Adventure
Culinarian's Day:Save the Date

Finished:
Love Me Never (Lovely Vicious, #1) by Sara Wolf Save the Date by Morgan Matson Pretty Waiter Girls A Helena Brandywine Adventure by Greg Alldredge The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon When Elephants Fly by Nancy Richardson Fischer Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1) by Kevin Kwan

message 10: by Jessica (last edited Aug 04, 2018 10:44AM) (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 557 comments Started: 1 June 2018
Finished: 16 July 2018
10/10

1.) New Release: Released in June 2018:Save the Date✶✶✶✶ 12 June
2.) J & J: Author's first and last initial are the same: Bird✶✶✶ 9 Jul
3.) Dare Day: Mystery dare in I Dare You To Challenges: The Last Place You Look✶✶✶✶21 June
4.) Best Friends Day: Goodreads friend gave 5 star rating:Burn for Burn✶✶✶27 June
5.) Iced Tea Day: Drink on the cover: The Art of Lainey✶✶✶ 16 July
6.) Hug Holiday: Romance book: The Sun Is Also a Star✶✶✶✶ 3 July
7.) I Forgot Day: On TBR list for over 6 months:Inkheart✶✶✶16 June
8.) Teddy Bear Day: Animal on the cover:It Ain't So Awful, Falafel✶✶✶✶9 June
9.) Hammock Day: Under 200 pages: March: Book One ✶✶✶✶ 23 June
10.) Culinarian's Day: Food on the cover: Sandwiches!: More Than You've Ever Wanted to Know about Making and Eating America's Favorite Food✶✶✶3 June 2018

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Books Read:
Save the Date by Mary Kay Andrews Bird by Crystal Chan The Last Place You Look (Roxane Weary, #1) by Kristen Lepionka The Art of Lainey (The Art of Lainey, #1) by Paula Stokes The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1) by Jenny Han Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke It Ain't So Awful, Falafel by Firoozeh Dumas March Book One (March, #1) by John Lewis Sandwiches! More Than You've Ever Wanted to Know about Making and Eating America's Favorite Food by Alison Deering

message 11: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) Gonna try this one!

1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018. If you can't get a hold of one you can use one that came out anytime in 2018.

message 12: by Stephanie (last edited Jul 30, 2018 11:33AM) (new)

Stephanie Hanlon | 81 comments In again :)

10/10

1.) New Release: Grace and Fury - Finished 25/07/18

2.) J & J: Read a book where the authors first and last initial are the same. - Book of Lies by Teri Terry - Finished 20/06/18

3.) Dare Day: Dare 7 - Begin a new series - A Madness of Angels - Finished 10/06/18

4.) Best Friends Day: - Red Rising - Finished 19/06/18

5.) Iced Tea Day: Read a book with a drink on the cover. - Christmas at the Little Wedding Shop - Finished 28/07/18

6.) Hug Holiday: Summer at the Little Wedding Shop - Finished 30/07/18

7.) I Forgot Day: Eleanor & Park - Finished 15/06/18

8.) Teddy Bear Day: The Hidden Kingdom - Finished 12/06/18

9.) Hammock Day: Stardust - Finished 08/07/18

10.) Culinarian's Day: The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea - Finished
14/07/18
Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart Book of Lies by Teri Terry A Madness of Angels (Matthew Swift, #1) by Kate Griffin Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Christmas at the Little Wedding Shop Sequins and Snowflakes by Jane Linfoot Summer at the Little Wedding Shop The Hottest New Release of Summer 2017 - Perfect for the Beach! (The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea) by Jane Linfoot Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell  The Hidden Kingdom by Ian Beck Stardust by Neil Gaiman The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea (The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea, #1) by Jane Linfoot

message 13: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lynv) 1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018. If you can't get a hold of one you can use one that came out anytime in 2018.

message 14: by Allison (last edited Jul 26, 2018 07:18AM) (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments 4/10

1. New Release: Getting Schooled 7\25 5*

2. J and J: (Helen Hunting) Pucked Off 6\13 5*

3. Dare Day: (Dare #2 Sequels) Out of Time 6\5 3*

4. Best Friends Day: The Unwanted Wife 7\13 5"

5. Ice Tea Day: Twist 7\9 2*

6. Hug Hoilday: Fake Out 6\11 4*

7. I Forgot Day: A Gift of Time 6\7 5*

8. Teddy Bear Day: Blind Faith

9.Hammock Day: Double Or Nothing 7\26 3*

10. Culinarian Day: On the Plus Side

Books Read

Out of Time (Nine Minutes, #2) by Beth Flynn A Gift of Time (Nine Minutes, #3) by Beth Flynn Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend #1) by Eden Finley Pucked Off (Pucked, #5) by Helena Hunting Twist (Dive Bar, #2) by Kylie Scott The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1) by Natasha Anders Getting Schooled (Getting Some, #1) by Emma Chase Double Or Nothing (Bedlam Butchers MC, #5) by Ruby Dixon

message 15: by Cindee (last edited Jun 27, 2018 11:45PM) (new)

Cindee | 284 comments 1/10
1.) New Release: Smoke in the Sun (Flame in the Mist, #2) by Renee Ahdieh

3.) Dare Day: Stealing Snow (Stealing Snow, #1) by Danielle Paige

4.) Best Friends Day: And I Darken (And I Darken Series, #1) by Kiersten White

5.) Iced Tea Day: Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2) by Becky Albertalli

8.) Teddy Bear Day: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding #1) by Alexandra Bracken

9.) Hammock Day:Sleep, Merel, Sleep by Silke Stein

message 16: by Miriam (last edited Jul 25, 2018 03:51PM) (new)

Miriam Passman (onetwigleekeber3) | 402 comments 1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018. If you can't get a hold of one you can use one that came out anytime in 2018. Tell Me No Lies (Follow Me Back #2) by A.V. Geiger completed: June 4th

Heartless by Marissa Meyer completed
3.) Dare Day: Read a book that meets a requirement from a dare in our I Dare You To Challenges. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group... Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman completed

4.) Best Friends Day: Read a book that a friend on goodreads gave a 5 star rating to.[[bookcover:Big Little Lies|19486412] completed: July 22nd

5.) Iced Tea Day: Read a book with a drink on the cover. Snow White & the Huntsman by Lily Blake completed: August 25th

6.) Hug Holiday: Read a romance book We Were Liars by E. Lockhart Completed: June 6th 2018

7.) I Forgot Day: Read a book that has been on your TBR list for over 6 months. Dare You (Nikki Kill, #2) by Jennifer Brown completed: july 5th

8.) Teddy Bear Day: Read a book that has either an animal or toy on the cover. Nimona by Noelle Stevenson ✔] completed: July 16th
9.) Hammock Day: Read a book that has under 200 pagesInhumans: Once and Future Kings✔]]completed july 15th

10.) Culinarian's Day: Read a book that has either food or a cooking utensil on the cover. The Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz July 23rd ✔]

reply | flag *

message 17: by Misty (last edited Jul 30, 2018 04:39PM) (new)

Misty | 633 comments Challenges Completed: 7

1.) New Release: June 5th - Bring Me Their Hearts

2.) J & J: Cassandra Clare - City of Lost Souls

3.) Dare Day: #33 Finish a Series - War Storm

4.) Best Friends Day: Kayla - Haven

5.) Iced Tea Day:

6.) Hug Holiday: Eternal Kiss of Darkness

7.) I Forgot Day: To All the Boys I've Loved Before

8.) Teddy Bear Day: Tiger - Fables

9.) Hammock Day:

10.) Culinarian's Day:

Read:
War Storm (Red Queen, #4) by Victoria Aveyard City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare Haven by Mary Lindsey Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara Wolf To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #1) by Bill Willingham

message 18: by Sarah (last edited Jul 25, 2018 11:26AM) (new)

Sarah Goodner (sarahgoodner) | 298 comments

Completed: 7/11

✔ 1. New Release: Opal ⭐⭐ 6/7
✔ 2. J & J: Toxic ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 7/23
3. Dare Day: Undead and Unfinished
4. Best Friends Day: Chains and Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 6/26
✔ 5. Iced Tea Day: Rules of Civility ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 6/21
✔ 6. Hug Holiday: Rebecca ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 7/1
✔ 7. I Forgot Day: You Know What You Have to Do ⭐⭐ 7/18
8. Teddy Bear Day: Eldest
✔ 9. Hammock Day: Phantom Quartz ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 7/12
10. Culinarian's Day: The Jungle

Read:
Opal (The Raven Cycle #4.5) by Maggie StiefvaterBlink The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm GladwellRules of Civility by Amor TowlesRebecca by Daphne du MaurierPhantom Quartz (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #6) by Barbra AnninoYou Know What You Have to Do by Bonnie ShimkoToxic (Pretty Little Liars, #15) by Sara Shepard

message 19: by Paige (last edited Jun 18, 2018 03:35AM) (new)

Paige Start Date: June 1
End Date: July 31
Completed: 3/10

1.) New Release: The Kiss Quotient
2.) J & J: Chemistry - 12/06 - 4 stars
3.) Dare Day: #13 Colors (blue) - The Hating Game or Dress Codes for Small Towns
4.) Best Friends Day:Locke & Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft
5.) Iced Tea Day: When Dimple Met Rishi
6.) Hug Holiday: Birthday Girl - 18/06 - 4 stars
7.) I Forgot Day: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
8.) Teddy Bear Day: Blind Faith - 2/01 - 3 stars
9.) Hammock Day: Every Heart a Doorway
10.) Culinarian's Day:

Read:
Blind Faith (Blind Faith, #1) by N.R. Walker Chemistry by Weike Wang Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas

message 20: by Ambs ❤❤ (last edited Jul 30, 2018 12:25PM) (new)

Ambs ❤❤ (hannonan) | 134 comments #35 Two-Month Reading Challenge (June 1 - July 31) ★

1. New Release - Published 6.19.18: The Mermaid - Comp. 6.27.18 ★★★
2. J&J: Uprooted by Naomi Novik - Comp. 6.19.18 ★★★★
3. Dare - #17 Standalone: Crimes Against a Book Club - Comp. 07.12.18 ★★★
4. Best Friends - Kelly (and the Book Boar) : Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Comp. 6.22.18 ★★★★★
5. Iced Tea: When Dimple Met Rishi - Comp. 7.29.18 ★★★★★
6. Hug Holiday: Every Day - Comp. 7.16.18 ★★★★
7. I Forgot: Touch & Go - Comp. 6.5.18 ★★★★
8. Teddy Bear: The Midnight Plan of the Repo Man - Comp. 7.6.18 ★★★★
9. Hammock: Deadpool, Volume 5: The Wedding of Deadpool - Comp. 7.25.18 ★★★★
10. Culinarian: Spells and Scones - Comp. 7.25.18 ★★★★

Average Rating: 4 ★'s

Completed:
Touch & Go (Tessa Leoni, #2) by Lisa Gardner Uprooted by Naomi Novik Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling The Mermaid by Christina Henry The Midnight Plan of the Repo Man (Ruddy McCann #1) by W. Bruce Cameron Crimes Against a Book Club by Kathy Cooperman Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan Spells and Scones (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #6) by Bailey Cates Deadpool, Volume 5 The Wedding of Deadpool by Brian Posehn When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

message 21: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Jul 28, 2018 09:26PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7289 comments Start Date: June 1, 2018
End Date:July 31, 2018

10/10

1.) When We Break (Love In Kona Book 3) by Piper Lennox 19853373

2.) The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1) by Sara Shepard 19853373

3.) Insatiable (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #3) by Michelle Hazen (Music) 19853373

4.) Lost in Time (Blue Bloods, #6) by Melissa de la Cruz 19853373

5.) Blush for Me (Fusion, #3) by Kristen Proby 19853373

6.) All Jacked Up (Beach Pointe romance, #3) by Mysti Parker 19853373

7.) Love at Last (Last Frontier Lodge, #2) by J.H. Croix 19853373

8.) Third Time's the Charm (Three Rivers Ranch Romance #2) by Liz Isaacson 19853373

9.) Leaving to Stay (Baby Fever, #1) by Nicole Casey 19853373

10.) A Catered Wedding (A Mystery with Recipes, #2) by Isis Crawford 19853373

message 22: by Nicole's Book Diaries (last edited Jun 28, 2018 06:21PM) (new)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments 3/10

1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018. If you can't get a hold of one you can use one that came out anytime in 2018. Bring Me Their Hearts 6/12

2.) J & J: Read a book where the authors first and last initial are the same. Olympian Challenger 6/9

4.) Best Friends Day: Read a book that a friend on goodreads gave a 5 star rating to. The Darkest Minds 6/4

7.) I Forgot Day: Read a book that has been on your TBR list for over 6 months. Hex Hall 6/1

message 23: by Heather (last edited Jun 06, 2018 02:07AM) (new)

Heather | 158 comments 35th Two -Month Reading Challenge (June 1 - July 31)

0/10

1. New Release
The Naked Truth by Vi Keeland
2. June & July

3. Dare Day: #38 Dare - Made Up Locations
One True Love by Linda Kage
4. Best Friends Day
The Girl and Her Ren (The Ribbon Duet, #2) by Pepper Winters
5. Iced Tea Day

6. Hug Holiday

7. I Forgot Day

8. Teddy Bear Day

9. Hammock Day

10. Culinarian's Day

message 24: by Kaitlyn (last edited Jun 01, 2018 04:39PM) (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Start Date: June 1, 2018
End Date: July 31, 2018

0 / 10

1) New Release
2) J & J
3) Dare Day
4) Best Friends Day
5) Iced Tea Day
6) Hug Holiday
7) I Forgot Day
8) Teddy Bear Day
9) Hammock Day
10) Culinarian's Day

HTML Key: no idea yet --- plan to read --- reading --- read

TBR
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Forest of a Thousand Lanterns (Rise of the Empress, #1) by Julie C. Dao

Read
---

message 25: by Katherine (last edited Jul 12, 2018 06:24PM) (new)

Katherine | 126 comments 35th Two Month Challenge: June 2018 and July 2018

1. New Release
Sketchy Muma What it Means to be a Mother by Anna Lewis 14/6/18 ★★★★

2.) J & J: the authors first and last initial are the same.
Heartless by Marissa Meyer 10/6/18 ★★★

3.) Dare Day: Read a book that meets a requirement from a dare in our I Dare You To Challenges.
Junjo Romantica, Volume 08 by Shungiku Nakamura 3/6/18 ★★★

4.) Best Friends Day: a friend on goodreads gave a 5 star rating to.
Furry United Coalition Bundle (Furry United Coalition, #1-3) by Eve Langlais 4/6/18 ★★★★★

Ranma ½, Vol. 1 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #1) by Rumiko Takahashi 22/6/18 ★★★★★

7.) I Forgot Day: that has been on your TBR list for 7 months.
Doctor Who Martha in the Mirror by Justin Richards 6/6/18 ★★★

8.) Teddy Bear Day: that has an animal on the cover.
Herding Cats (Sarah's Scribbles, #3) by Sarah Andersen 5/6/18 ★★★★

Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell 6/6/18 ★★★★

message 26: by Jess (last edited Jul 05, 2018 07:37PM) (new)

Jess | 780 comments #35 Two-Month Reading Challenge (June 1 - July 31)

1.) New Release:

2.) J & J:

3.) Dare Day: Only Love 6/10

4.) Best Friends Day: In the Middle of Somewhere 6/5

5.) Iced Tea Day:

6.) Hug Holiday: Power Play 6/2

7.) I Forgot Day:

8.) Teddy Bear Day: Meg 6/29

9.) Hammock Day: Annihilation 6/3

10.) Culinarian's Day: Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder 7/4

Read: Power Play (Scoring Chances, #3) by Avon Gale Annihilation (Southern Reach #1) by Jeff VanderMeer In the Middle of Somewhere (Middle of Somewhere, #1) by Roan Parrish Only Love (Only Love #1) by Garrett Leigh Meg (MEG, #1) by Steve Alten Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) by Joanne Fluke

message 27: by Leah (last edited Jul 06, 2018 10:33PM) (new)

Leah | 2677 comments 10/10

1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018.

Read:
The Patchwork Bride by Sandra Dallas Thicker than Water (Mysteries of Martha's Vineyard, #8) by DeAnna Julie Dodson By Invitation Only by Dorothea Benton Frank Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling Making Waves (Mysteries of Martha's Vineyard, #5) by Tricia Goyer Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson To the Moon and Back (The Baxter Family, #3) by Karen Kingsbury Green Rider by Kristen Britain Scenes from the Hallway (Knitting in the City, #6.5) by Penny Reid Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs

message 28: by Michelle (last edited Jun 29, 2018 12:16PM) (new)

Michelle | 1696 comments 35th Two Month Challenge: June 2018 and July 2018
Duration: June 1st - July 31st

2.) J & J: Read a book where the authors first and last initial are the same. - Hannah Harrington - Saving June - 6/19/18
Saving June by Hannah Harrington

3.) Dare Day: Read a book that meets a requirement from a dare in our I Dare You To Challenges. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...- # 15 Sequeals - Northwest Angle by William Kent Krueger - 6/6/18
Northwest Angle (Cork O'Connor, #11) by William Kent Krueger

4.) Best Friends Day: Read a book that a friend on goodreads gave a 5 star rating to. - Berit gave 5 Stars - Dark Lover by Jr. Ward - 6/13/18
Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward

6.) Hug Holiday: Read a romance book. - Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas - 6/28/18
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas

7.) I Forgot Day: Read a book that has been on your TBR list for over 6 months. - Fallen Grace by M. Lauryl LEwis - 6/9/18
Fallen Grace (Grace, #4) by M. Lauryl Lewis

9.) Hammock Day: Read a book that has under 200 pages. - 144 Pages - We Rode the Orphan Trains by Andrea Warren - 6/19/18
We Rode the Orphan Trains by Andrea Warren

message 29: by Christina Howard (new)

Christina Howard | 21 comments Booking Read: 3/10

2.) J & J: Read a book where the authors first and last initial are the same. - The Giver - 6/1

3.) Dare Day: Read a book that meets a requirement from a dare in our I Dare You To Challenges. - Emotional Read: A Summer to Die - 6-2

7.) I Forgot Day: Read a book that has been on your TBR list for over 6 months. - Gathering Blue - 6/2

message 30: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Hanlon | 81 comments Does this work for number 3? 3.) Dare Day: Read a book that meets a requirement from a dare in our I Dare You To Challenges. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

Dare #7 - Begin a new series?

A Madness of Angels (Matthew Swift, #1) by Kate Griffin

message 31: by Abbie (last edited Jul 15, 2018 12:09AM) (new)

Abbie (abbietenchie) | 191 comments Books Read: 10/10

1.) New Release: 7/4 One Small Thing by Erin Watt 3 stars

2.) J & J: 6/22 The Start of Something Good (Stay, #1) by Jennifer Probst 3 stars

3.) Dare Day: 6/26 Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley 4 stars

4.) Best Friends Day: 6/19 Long Shot (Hoops, #1) by Kennedy Ryan 3stars

5.) Iced Tea Day: 6/27 POP! by Aury Wallington 3 stars

6.) Hug Holiday: 6/20 The Other Side of Envy (The Ghost Bird, #8) by C.L. Stone 3 stars

7.) I Forgot Day: 6/29 Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2) by Kiersten White 3 stars

8.) Teddy Bear Day: 7/1 Cherished by Angela Cannings 3 stars

9.) Hammock Day: 6/21 Grit by Gillian French 3 stars

10.) Culinarian's Day: 6/20 Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Supplee 2 stars

message 32: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I’ll join

message 33: by Alicia (last edited Jul 19, 2018 10:51PM) (new)

Alicia (aliciajb) | 1004 comments 10/10 Finished 20 July
✔ 1.) New Release: A Reaper at the Gates 21/6 (5 stars)
✔ 2.)  Author’s first and last initial are the same: Brothers of the Flame 12/6 (4 stars)
✔ 3.) Dare Day #7: Everland 23/6 (4 stars)
✔ 4.) Friend gave a 5 star rating: Every Day 6/6 (3 stars)
✔ 5.) Drink on the cover (water): Strength 20/7 (5 stars)
✔6.)  Romance book: From Twinkle, with Love8/6 (5 stars)
✔ 7.) TBR list for over 6 months: Perfekt Match 26/6 (4 stars)
✔ 8.) Animal on the cover: Poison 6/6 (4 stars)
✔ 9.) Under 200 pages: Morrighan 13/6 (5 stars)
✔ 10.) Food on the cover (pumpkin): Their Royal Ash 5/7 (3 stars)

Finished:
A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3) by Sabaa Tahir Everland (Everland, #1) by Wendy Spinale Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon Perfekt Match (The Ære Saga #4) by S.T. Bende Poison by Bridget Zinn Morrighan (The Remnant Chronicles, #0.5) by Mary E. Pearson Brothers of the Flame (Ariel Kimber, #1) by Mary Martel Their Royal Ash (Once Upon a Harem #4) by Lia Davis Strength (Curse of the Gods #4) by Jane Washington

message 34: by Steph (last edited Jul 31, 2018 01:20PM) (new)

Steph (radiantmoonlight) 7/10

1. New Release: The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo
6/25, 5 Stars
2. J & J: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
6/17, 4 Stars
3. Dare Day #3: Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
7/14, 1 Star
4. Best Friends Day: Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
6/26, 4 Stars

5.) Iced Tea Day:

6. Hug Holiday: That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E.K. Johnston
7/5, 4 Stars
7. I Forgot Day: The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon
7/11, 4 Stars
8. Teddy Bear Day: Bright Burns the Night by Sara B. Larson
6/20, 2 Stars

9.) Hammock Day:

10.) Culinarian's Day:

message 35: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) | 83 comments I'll join too

message 36: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) | 83 comments 1.) New Release: An American Marriage

2.) J & J: City of Bones

3.) Dare Day: Flipped

4.) Best Friends Day: City of Ashes

5.) Iced Tea Day: American Panda

6.) Hug Holiday: The Avery Shaw Experiment

7.) I Forgot Day: Burn for Burn

8.) Teddy Bear Day: Lucky in Love

9.) Hammock Day: Piano Lessons Can Be Murder

10.) Culinarian's Day: The Libby Garrett Intervention

message 37: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) | 83 comments I think I'm already done :D

message 38: by Starr (last edited Jul 30, 2018 11:13PM) (new)

Starr Bevenour | 118 comments i know i'm starting late. but I'm in.

1. New Release:

2. J & J:

3. Dare Day: My Lady Jane Dare #7. 7/31. 5 stars

4. Best Friends Day: Night by Elie Wiesel. 6/30. 5 stars

5.) Iced Tea Day:

6.) Hug Holiday: Romeo and Juliet 7/31. 4 stars.

7.) I Forgot Day: Daughter of Dusk 7/15 3/5 stars. Added to list: November 7, 2017.

8. Teddy Bear Day:

9.) Hammock Day: Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There 7/26. 2/5 stars. Pages: 161

10.) Culinarian's Day:

Night (The Night Trilogy, #1) by Elie Wiesel Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief, #2) by Livia Blackburne Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, #2) by Lewis Carroll Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1) by Cynthia Hand

message 39: by Celia (last edited Jul 29, 2018 07:45AM) (new)

Celia Buell (celiareadsbooks) Joining late, but going to backlog from June. Aiming for 10 books.
8/10 books

1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018.
Journeys: An American Story (release date 7/3/2018) (7/4/2018 - read as an ARC)
Roar by Cora Carmack (6/28/2018)
3.) Dare Day: Read a book that meets a requirement from a dare in our I Dare You To Challenges.
A Torch Against the Night (multiple POV dare) (6/18/2018)
An Ember in the Ashes (friend: Yukta Parikh) (6/4/2018)

Lady Be Good (7/22/2018)
Girl in Translation (7/28/2018)
Ice Wolves (animal: wolf) (6/15/2018)
Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood (153 pages) (7/26/2018)

Journeys An American Story by Andrew Tisch Roar (Stormheart, #1) by Cora Carmack A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2) by Sabaa Tahir An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir Lady Be Good by Amber Brock Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok Ice Wolves (Elementals, #1) by Amie Kaufman Persepolis The Story of a Childhood (Persepolis, #1) by Marjane Satrapi

message 40: by Mary (last edited Jul 07, 2018 01:42PM) (new)

Mary Bronson | 14 comments 1.) New Release: Read a book that was released in June or July of 2018. If you can't get a hold of one you can use one that came out anytime in 2018.

4.) Best Friends Day: Read a book that a friend on goodreads gave a 5 star rating to. ***Completed July 2*** My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan

9.) Hammock Day: Read a book that has under 200 pages. The Courage of Sarah Noble Alice Dalgliesh **Completed June 4****

message 41: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jul 18, 2018 03:16PM) (new)

Trisha | 31449 comments Start Date: June 1st
Completed: TBD

6/10

2.) J & J: The Almost Sisters by Joshilyn Jackson 6/27

3.) Dare Day: Favorite Genre: Horror
The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures 7/8

4.) Best Friends Day: The Death of Mrs. Westaway 7/8

5.) Iced Tea Day: Spell Booked 7/3

6.) Hug Holiday: How to Walk Away 6/18

10.) Culinarian's Day: Dietland 7/2

Read:
How to Walk Away by Katherine Center The Almost Sisters by Joshilyn Jackson Spell Booked (Retired Witches Mystery, #1) by Joyce Lavene Dietland by Sarai Walker The World of Lore Monstrous Creatures by Aaron Mahnke The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware

message 42: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Hanlon | 81 comments Wooohooo I actually finished for once :)